Got my new Michelin PS2s!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please do!

I don't need tires yet, but I saw JonB's post on these getting scarse & I was thinking of picking a pair up from him and storing them til mid summer when I know I'll need tires.

Dave.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Well,

The new PS2's are better than run flats and slightly better than regular Pilots, but don't get your hopes up, they still aren't sticky enough for serious play.

Dan

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the best/stickiest tires that can fit on stock srt10 wheels? I know many only come in 18's it seems, requiring a wheel change. I want to keep my stock wheels.

Reaction score
What are the differences:

1. Braking distance 60-0
2. Track lap times?

FYI the run flats offer great grip at Buttonwillow as can be seen by Marco's lap times at March Viper Days last weekend.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the best/stickiest tires that can fit on stock srt10 wheels? I know many only come in 18's it seems, requiring a wheel change. I want to keep my stock wheels.

New Hoosier R6

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the Hoosier R-6! I looked them up, they seem to be strictly for the track. Is that so? I read on the Tire Rack site they may not even be street legal. Also, how do they hold up in wet weather?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the Hoosier R-6! I looked them up, they seem to be strictly for the track. Is that so? I read on the Tire Rack site they may not even be street legal. Also, how do they hold up in wet weather?

They are strictly track tires. Deadly in wet weather.

You asked for the stickiest ones. These are them. They would be a poor choice for everyday driving, however.

It sounds like the tire you are looking for is the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup.

Unfortunately for you, it only comes in 18 inch sizes.

For street tires, you're going to have PS2 or the Enzo tires as your only real options. I'd go with the PS2's.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Kai! Now if I could just get my goddamn Viper to start, I could see what she could do w/ the new PS2's. Not to hijack the thread, but my car simply would not start today, after almost an hour of intense riding. I suspect the clutch safety switch. I have an 04 SRT 10.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Riding? Do you mean driving the car? Does anything work in the car when you turn it on or is the battery dead? When you say it will not start does it turn over or go click click when you hit the starter button? Give us some more information and we can try to help you.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Riding? Do you mean driving the car? Does anything work in the car when you turn it on or is the battery dead? When you say it will not start does it turn over or go click click when you hit the starter button? Give us some more information and we can try to help you.
All the electronics work. The lights, radio, a/c, etc. But when I push the button, nothing. No click, no sound whatsoever. It does not turn over or go click at all. Thanks for the offer to help. I see you are in Guilford, not far from me. I am in Hamden.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, my office is in Guilford and the Speed Shop is in Branford. The 2 owners of Zero Altitude, myself, and another friend drive our vipers together all the time. We go to Old World Pizza on Saturday nights. Check us out sometime. I posted a reply to your clutch switch problem in your new post.

Robbie

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, my office is in Guilford and the Speed Shop is in Branford. The 2 owners of Zero Altitude, myself, and another friend drive our vipers together all the time. We go to Old World Pizza on Saturday nights. Check us out sometime. I posted a reply to your clutch switch problem in your new post.

Robbie
This is Fantastic! I would love to join you guys the next time you head out. What town is Old World Pizza? Funny thing, my first mortgage office was on North Main St in Branford. Next office was on Wall St in Madison. Now I am in Hamden.

phoenix1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI- I was at the Luke Air show today and I noticed the 08 Viper that beat the F16 fighter jet had Michelin Pilots, and the Competition Coupe had BF Goodrich, but had the Hoosier logo on the car. I didn't get a chance to see which Goodrich tires they were, or ask the driver his own preference. Not much tread left on both cars as they were really smokin them on the runway.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I orderd some PS2's from JonB @ PartsRack for 50$ less a set then TireRack. Go JonB!!!

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hoosier A6 345/30 - 19
Hoosier R6 345/30 – 19
Pirelli P-Zero Corsa 345/35 – 19

All of them sticky competition type tires that will fit on stock 19x13 rear wheel. P-Zero Corsa is more suitable for highway usage. Hoosiers are more delicate tires on the street / highway.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Robbie
This is Fantastic! I would love to join you guys the next time you head out. What town is Old World Pizza? Funny thing, my first mortgage office was on North Main St in Branford. Next office was on Wall St in Madison. Now I am in Hamden.

Old World Pizza is on the corner of Skiff and Whitney Ave. We are there most Saturday evenings around 7 PM.

Robbie

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
black mamba 1,

I once had the same starting problem. The "hot wire" to the starter had fallen off. It seems the the clip that keeps it together was not properly latched. Put it back on and away I went. Easy fix.

Good luck,

Dan

622r109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hossiers a6 19 inch street slicks,are for racing, but i have them on my 750 hp 05 viper and they hook great, they say they only last for 5000 miles, but i dont care, drove 60 mph in rain,no fishtailing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960