"GRAND CARAVAN" to VOI 12

BadAndy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I plan to hook up at Charleston with everyone.

Just realzied my forum membership isn't reflective of my VCA membership (no avatar). Going to fix that.
Andy - Columbus OH area

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just examined the route more closely and those with a knack of noticing things most people don't will notice a place of special interest along the route :)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just examined the route more closely and those with a knack of noticing things most people don't will notice a place of special interest along the route :)

I have a guess at what you're talking about. And if I'm right, it is awesome and I entertained the idea of putting it on the map :)

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you are in proper attire for your trip to VOI 12 in Charlotte, NC!

GRAND CARAVAN T-Shirts
Available in Black or White
S-XL $22.00
2XL-3XL $25.00

Front
You must be registered for see images attach

Back

Front

Back

GRAND CARAVAN DECALS
4.5" X 4" $4.00 each

3" X 12" $5.00

We have a few extra VOI 12 Grand Caravan T-shirts and decals left over.

Terry Bosserman will have them on the Caravan if anyone wants to get one that doesn't have one already. We have a in few black or white. Let us know and we'll tag it for you and you can pick up on the caravan. :) You can pay Terry.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just FYI - I plan on bringing my handheld CB for communcations
to/from/at VOI. I've never been found of the non-commercial
FRS systems. I'll be on channel 12 for the entire weekend
(unless someone in charlotte is already established on that
channel.)

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wife and I will be joining you at the Drury Inn on Tuesday also!! 

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just FYI - I plan on bringing my handheld CB for communcations
to/from/at VOI. I've never been found of the non-commercial
FRS systems. I'll be on channel 12 for the entire weekend
(unless someone in charlotte is already established on that
channel.)

You will have us on the CB as well! When with the Vipers we normally run channel 10 so everyone can remember.

Looks like we will have a nice sized caravan. So excited!!!

Same here! :yay:

Viper washed and detailed! :nana:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stretch

I hear ya. As soon as the Viper was loaded I got wired. :D

ITV

Nice job! I told you not to eat that extra pound of bacon! :rolaugh:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok...this is just my luck.

I have been battling over the last week what the doc claims is an upper respiratory infection, I'm pretty sure I got it at work because I clean and restore dirty hospital equipment in a filthy, dirty warehouse that's covered in dust. I've taken Dayquil, Nyquil, antibiotics, allergy medicine, just about any kind of medicine you can think of.

Well as of today I'm 90%. I'm determined to beat this thing. I was very weak, very tired to the point I could barely walk but as of Tuesday I was back on my feet and had to work my tail off to keep my vacation time.

Screw you virus thing, I am not missing out on VOI.
You must be registered for see images

Now about that last 10%, my ears (or should I say ear since I'm half deaf, born that way) is clogged with garbage so my hearing is like wearing a pair of headphones 24/7. It's been like this since Thursday, while I was at work I could literally hear everything become muffled. It's driving me nuts but fingers crossed it'll be flushed out today.

What annoys me the most is I went in to see the doc about this Friday and she just looked in it and told me it was clogged, get some ear drops and you'll be fine. Like no kidding genius, of course it's clogged **** it out! :mad:

--RS

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife and I will be waiting for group at Pilot in Nitro. Got my relief coming in at 0600 so I can grab 2 hours sleep. See you all there.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are such a son of a corvette owner! I waved at you when the plane flew over your house and there was no reply :dunno:

Stretch

I hear ya. As soon as the Viper was loaded I got wired. :D

ITV

Nice job! I told you not to eat that extra pound of bacon! :rolaugh:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I am so NOT taking a transfer with only 1 hour time at Detroit anymore :mad:

There were only 2 customs stalls open with lines that stretched pretty far, if not for a kind luggage area girl telling me to go upstairs to the other floor where the lines were shorter it would probably not have worked. Am in Kermitville now, went to a local car show, had ribs at the same place... feels like I never left the U.S. !

Last edited:

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I will leave Dyer at 12:01 AM Sept 26 Chicago time. I'll be passing through Indy at 4:00 AM. My plan is to meet the plan is to meet the Ohio group at 9:00 in Chillicothe.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I will leave Dyer at 12:01 AM Sept 26 Chicago time. I'll be passing through Indy at 4:00 AM. My plan is to meet the plan is to meet the Ohio group at 9:00 in Chillicothe.

Roy, I put 9am on the approximate time going through Chillicothe for the Caravan because it's about an hour from the starting point. However, there isn't a planned stop in Chillicothe. If you can hang out in a good spot right off the road to watch the traffic go by you should be able to see the Vipers going by and jump in with them. Drive safe.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Roy, I put 9am on the approximate time going through Chillicothe for the Caravan because it's about an hour from the starting point. However, there isn't a planned stop in Chillicothe. If you can hang out in a good spot right off the road to watch the traffic go by you should be able to see the Vipers going by and jump in with them. Drive safe.

Or keep in touch with a phone number to someone in the group. :2tu:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm good to go!

So I went to the hospital yesterday, spent 5 hours there getting treatment. Turns out I, well at least in my mind, was misdiagnosed with the wrong symptoms by the other place. Instead of a Upper Respiratory Infection turns out I had Pneumonia. On top of that I have 'swimmers ear' BUT I have prescriptions and my lungs feel great!

Now I just gotta do some last minute errands and I'll be on my way tomorrow!

--RS

BadAndy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy crap it was like 45 degrees this morning here in central Ohio ! Guess I'll be sporting the full trunk top and windows and using the worlds best car heater starting out for Nitro Weds morning. And to think the wife was worried about not having A/C in my car. Stripping down as we head south....

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather doesn't exactly look the greatest for tuesdat evening when Mike and I might head out to the departure spot in advance to avoid a way early wake up time :(

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELP -- SUGGESTIONS anybody??

I have a gen1 with the lemke 3 pc trunk top on it. The top fits fine... no worries there but I can see when I put the windows in there is daylight coming around in various spots.
I want to bring something to try to limit the amount of rain that gets in thru those openings. I can't see ever putting duct tape inside or outside of the car so what else could I bring?
Thinking along the lines of throwing a roll of 3" painters tape in the glove box ... will that get wet and fall off?

any other suggestions guys? :eater:
Thanks in advance for ideas
Mike

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have already washed mine. Will see how it fares on the trip. :D

Mopar Boy, you trailer your car, how do you think it's going to fare?

I'm thinking IF we do encounter this thing called rain on the way down, you should help clean our cars to feel like you were a REAL part of the caravan too, am I not RIGHT? A while back you said the ride is part of the adventure and you are a part of that adventure, so...............see my point !! On another note, do you have room to bring my clubs down in the trailer? They'll fit nicely in the passenger seat, but you would have to put the seat belt on, I don't want them getting scratched!!!

BadAndy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, I don't know what it's called...but I'd just tried to use some to try and stop a squeak in my trunk top. Sort of worked. It's that meshy thin stuff you see usually in like the kitchen departments. It's kinda sticky, has holes in it and is easy to jam into places and/or maybe you could even set it and then connect the top to create a small cushion to help. I can't find it to show you, but I think it's typically used as a liner for drawers. Might work and look better than tape! Andy

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andy, thanks for the help. :2tu:
I don't care about looks as I'll only have it in place if/when it's raining and then just peel it off.
I just figured I'd want something I can throw on quickly while driving in the caravan if needed.
Maybe I'll look for what you're talking about at home depot or something like it... as long as it doesn't stick "too" good... if you know what I mean.

There's gotta be something out there that will work without hurting the car... I just don't know what it would be.
Thanks, Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave