Green or Red brakes?

SFYellow

Suspended
Reaction score
Would you suggest from your own experience for the street use (but aggressive driving) EBC Red pads or Green pads or some other manufacturer all together?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would you suggest from your own experience for the street use (but aggressive driving) EBC Red pads or Green pads or some other manufacturer all together?

In recent years, the compounds have changed at EBC.

I would go with EBC REDS...as a bonus you get a LOT less dust!

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put ebc reds on your car and you will regret every minute, even with the so called new compounds...

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...s/618323-ebc-reds-squeal-like-pig-normal.html

hawk performance ceramics outperform the ebc in every category....i've had numerous members pm me for advice on pads.. they always thank me after they go with the hawks for aggressive street use

they cost more but u get what u pay for

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
put ebc reds on your car and you will regret every minute, even with the so called new compounds...

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...s/618323-ebc-reds-squeal-like-pig-normal.html

hawk performance ceramics outperform the ebc in every category....i've had numerous members pm me for advice on pads.. they always thank me after they go with the hawks

Agreed! +1 for Hawk

Installed EBC reds on my car last May, ensured a proper break-in to 500 miles, and still squeeled and dusted like crazy. Went with Hawk performance ceramics...not a sound and minimal dust.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the EBC Reds, they were loud for a while... But are quiet now... Are these the Hawk pads everyone is talking about?

You must be registered for see images
Hawk Performance Ceramic street pads have extremely low dust, low noise, and low rotor wear. These represent the latest technology in street friction. Not for track use

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've put about 4,000 miles on my EBC reds, including 2 track days. They were a little louder when first installed, but that went away after about 1500 miles. These guys probably just don't put enough miles on their Viper to reach that point ;)

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These guys probably just don't put enough miles on their Viper to reach that point ;)
I think I have about 8k miles on my EBC Reds along with 1 day @ Willow, VOI9 and a drag day at Fontana. My car is at DC Performance, my brake pads are fine :drive:

DWR46

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have used Hawk HPS (high performance street) on all our cars for years. They are great, very low dust, good for limited track usage and great stopping power. I have them on four Vipers now.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've put about 2,000 miles on the Reds since the summer and from the moment I put them on, there has been no noise at all. I followed the instructions on "bedding" them in and have enjoyed very quiet rides (from the brakes, anyway). What I'm REALLY happy about is the amount of brake dust now..almost none!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put reds on my car last year when i went with Stoptechs. Had a bit of squeeling in the beginning but that went away eventually. I must say I am not overly impressed with the pads. Switching from the stockers i lost the initial bite of the stock pad. These pads needs some heat to work best. While less dust is nice, I prefer the stockers.

OP
OP
S

SFYellow

Suspended
Reaction score
Well, about to get new rotors and new brakes. Decided to stay away from the EBC brakes. I see that majority of the people are favoring Hawk brakes. I don't think I will be doing any track days and if I will I gona get separate pair of brakes for the truck. Nevertheless, I don't want to sucrifice street performance and if possible even get better street performance. Hence, should I be going with the Hawk ceramic brakes produces less dust, but questionable how they will perform comparing to OEM brakes or Hawk HPC street performance, supposedly much better performance, but how dusty are these brakes?

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every few months this topic comes back around. I feel the same way about ******. :lmao:

Anyway, if you looking for performance, be it street or track, you're gonna get dusty. You may find one pad performs better than another for your set up and climate. There are no true dustless pads unless you drive slow and use engine braking down to 5 mph then brake. Since no one does this, brake dust is a part of life.

Personally I am comfortable with EBC Reds on a non track car. I have a buddy that had Hawks and he's always complaining about the dust. Take it for what it's worth.

:usa:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, then what is a good pad for both aggressive street driving and track days (apx. 6/year)? Oh yeah, and with minimal dust...?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gb66gth, there is no product that satisfies all those things.

If your tracking 6 times a year, anyone with experience would recommend getting dedicated track pads.

Track pads Dust and Squeek and STOP

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the stock pads

great stopping power, no noise, they last

the only draw back is the dust, I bought the small california car duster and use it on the wheels when they get dusty

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Track days, use your track pads.

Regular driving days, use regular pads.

I believe EBC yellows are track pads. There are several others that make really good track pads, you'll have to try em out see which you like best. You should not be concerned with dust at the track.

:usa: