GROUP BUY: iPod Interface Adapter Kit for SRT-10!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, finally one is available that works for the RB(X) radios! Will work with the RB1 FOR SURE, and should have no problem with the RB4 or stock RBQ.

The iPod adapter is the iCruze, manufactured by Monster Cable- the quality is second to none. Regular retail price is a total 350.00, 250.00 for main unit, and 100.00 for the Chrysler adapter. An optional display is available as well for 100.00 extra, regular price. I am working on getting the price for the two main components UNDER 300, and the displays available for around 80.00

This adapter allows access to 10 playlists, 99 songs per list- readily available 990 songs controlled through your radio! Also, if you leave playlist 10 as "On the Go", you can access and make up playlist 10 at your discretion without a computer, and access those last 99 songs at will. The controls act just like a CD changer, with "Discs" being playlists, and "Tracks" being each song on the playlist. As an added bonus, the Random Play feature and +10/-10 track skip that isnt supposed to work with Chrysler DOES WORK with the RB radios! All components can be mounted behind the dash, and just the iPod cable run to the center console for easy access and safe storage. The adapter even powers and charges the iPod as well!

Song quality is at least as good as a CD! The iPods will not skip, no matter how bumpy the roads are, so kiss skipping goodbye. No more CD's to handle and store! (and scratch!)

I currently have 2 systems installed in RB-1 equipped SRT-10's, and the results are flawless. The only hiccup with Hard-drive containing iPods is that when skipping SINGLE songs with Track Up/Down, the first second of the song will echo, but then all is well. I suspect the smaller Flash-Memory iPods will not have this happen, as their information is accessed electronically, and does not need to spin up the Hard Drive. This is not a "Chrysler" issue, a few other makes I have seen do the same thing with the HD ipods.

I will modify the cables that come with the kits for a RB Specific plug-and-play install, eliminating the need for any external power for the system as Monster claims. However, if you would like the unit left unopened and unmodified, just let me know.

-Price will be UNDER 300.00 for main two components
-Group buy will run from the posting of this message until May 15th at Midnight.
-Payment due 7 days from group buy end date.
-Will work with all iPods that have a Dock connector and the latest software.
-Should work in place of changers in Sirius Satellite setups with MUX Boxes.
-If I can find enough willing people who have cash in hand by May 1st (I would like to see 25), I will split the group buy into 2 parts with no impact on price for the later people.
-ADDING YOUR NAME TO THE GROUP BUY THREAD IS BINDING, I WILL ONLY MAKE EXCEPTIONS IF YOU HAVE A DAMN GOOD REASON!
-I must sell at least 10 units for the Group Buy to be completed.

Also check out my next group buy for the RB-1 Navigation systems running during the same period:

RB-1 Group Buy

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone wants to go with an Ipod solution and will have a cd changer that is useless to them please PM me!!! :2tu: Thanks boys.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in on this one! Daniel, as I understand the Monster info, your radio will not indicate any song higher than 99, but you can have as many songs in a playlist you want. The ones past 99 would show 99, but your actual total is unlimited. Could you double check me on this - thanks.

Ted

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Ted,

I will check this next time one of us updates our iPods! I limited all of my playlists to 99 in my current configuration however.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found it! From Monster Icruze FAQ:

How many songs can I access on each playlist through my factory car stereo?
Unlimited. You can put as many songs on each playlist as you want, however due to the limitations of most factory stereos, after the 99th track, your factory car stereo's display will still only show 99.

How cool is this! :2tu:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bruce- LOL! Why dont you have her sell it to one of the guys who goes for this?

I put almost 1000 songs on mine in 2 days... heh.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FinalGTS....could you email me and give me your suggestions on what kind of setup I should put together if I buy a RB1 navigation system from you and hookup my Ipod and maybe a CD player? Thanks in advance. Bob

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already suggested giving it to one of our nieces or nephews.I got the same look from her that I get from the dogs when I approach and they are chewing on a bone. GTS Bruce

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FinalGTS....could you email me and give me your suggestions on what kind of setup I should put together if I buy a RB1 navigation system from you and hookup my Ipod and maybe a CD player? Thanks in advance. Bob

I don't think the RB1 fits into a Gen2. (Assuming you have a Gen2 from your picture). Furthermore, I don't think you can get a cd changer and ipod interface working together. As for cd player the RB1 has one built in but its used for your Navigation dvd most likely since once you take it out the Navigation turns off. I'd say do the RB1 and the Ipod inferface if you already have an IPod!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ahh, Good catch Ricky, I didnt even notice his picture.

Doctorbob- SRTRICKY is correct, the RB1 will only work in Gen-3 cars, and later model Rams/Durangos/Etc.

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not by the FM modulator for 35 dollars and play all your ipod tunes. I have the ipod mini with over 800 songs that I change every month. My libaray is over 55 gig of songs. The modulator is the way to go. It plays on any fm radio in any country in the world.

Dean

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why not by the FM modulator for 35 dollars and play all your ipod tunes. I have the ipod mini with over 800 songs that I change every month. My libaray is over 55 gig of songs. The modulator is the way to go. It plays on any fm radio in any country in the world.

Dean

First, an FM Modulator made by a company such as Monster Cable is not 35.00, it is double that price. The cheaper ones wont even charge the iPod.

Second, the quality of an FM modulator is HORRIBLE compared to a direct connection, which is CD quality or better.

Third, FM Modulators are effected by radio frequency intense areas like cities, and will often get distortion and cease to function correctly.

Fourth, an FM Modulator will not CONTROL an iPod through your factory radio as an interface will. You dont even need to touch or see the iPod during use with an interface. Hell, my iPod is in the trunk with the entire setup being mounted inside of a CD changer casing for protection.

Fifth, an interface wont cause loss of a power socket.

Lastly, what does this post have to do with my group buy?

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An FM Modulator is complete crap compared with something like this. If you want to keep switching radio stations to try to find the station with the "least" static (never no static) then thats fine. I'm sure most people have better things to do while driving their Viper then looking for the best radio station to park their Ipod fm modulator on!

SpinDr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan,

Count me in.
I really appreciate all the research/ testing you've done to finally come up with this package.

FYI - the RB1 rocks! Took a little run to MI a couple of weeks ago and avoided a couple of major traffic jams - jumped off the e-way, did a few miles of two lane, and back on course.

Now we need to come up with a nav disk that shows paved roads only - or a least identifies the gravel ones!

05 Silver SRT 10

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the FM Modulators do ****-***. we need an IPOD solution for the gen II's also! maybe when i'm done modding the motor i'll make room for an ipod-friendly receiver...

details...

this looks awesome! another reason for me to get an SRT...

JD

CajunViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has to do with offering a cheaper solution to listening to you ipod music than your group buy. No flame intended just less money. The FM modulator that apple sells (griffin) works fine. I have used it 2 years.

TedK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Daniel, do we know for a fact that the 2005 RBQ's will work? No mention of CD controlling in the owners manual and no markings on the radio itself.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Ted-

Though I cant be 100% sure, as there is no 2005's available around here to test, there is no reason I can see why it wont work. They use the the same language, and those headunits should still be able to control an external changer and Sat radio.

As soon as I can get my hands on an additional setup, I will test compatibility accordingly on an RBQ from 04/05 if available, and if not, I will offer 2 of them ahead of time on additional discount to someone who owns one of the vehicles in question (such as yourself).

Thanks,

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final GTS...I need to upgrade my avatar. I have a 2003 SRT10. I got your email but just got back from Phoenix today so have not responded to your email. Thanks. Bob

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Nader,

Unfortunately, there was not nearly enough response to this for me to contract with one of the local retailers, so I have to go through the hassles of setting up a direct account with Monster's wholesalers to get a good price.

I am currently waiting for contact back from the NY wholesaler- after which I will post a price on the items.

PS- It is confirmed, this setup will work with OEM radios, as well as RB1's.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interested in adding the ipod feature to my 04. Is it still available? Is there someone in the NY area capable of performing the mod?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Nader,

Yes, these are available, I have one in stock. Unfortunately, the most I can do at this time is to knock 10% off the total price (349.95). I am still having to buy at almost full retail, Monster Cable is a PAIN to deal with, but I am working on it.

I recomend working with Chuck Tator at Tators Dodge. He is a short drive from you, but worth it. Chuck and I talk frequently, and he knows if he has any questions, he can contact me anytime.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great. My car arrives at Chuck's on Wednesday the 15th for a thorough inspection before I take delivery of the car. The car was purchased from Motor Cars International in MO. 2004 Black Mamba #003.

What does the package contain? Is it plug and play? Where does it locate the Ipod? Do you have any picture? I am definitily interested...

Eventually I may also get the navigation.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey dan just a quick questin for you if you don't mind...theres 2 constant power source wires coming from the icruze module and one from the icruze I was just curious where you hooked these up...I remmeber you saying something about them before I just don't remmeber what.

Also the middle heat control button is a real pain in the ass to get off any tricks for that?? I couldn't get it off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456