GTS Rollbars?

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay I am in need of a rllbar for my GTS. I really like he BTR Performance bar, but they are out of stock and won't make anymore until they get at least ten orders. The autoform is OUT for now as it looks like it would block all your rearview vision during street driving. Got a good price and lead on another style right now but thought I would post a quick deal hearand see what chimes in before Friday afternoon.

Any ideas or pics/prices out there?

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an Autoform in my GTS and rear visibility is fine during street driving.:drive:

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the autoform or davesbigbrakes rollbar NHRA certified or SCCA certified? For NHRA don't you need the drivers bar?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe this wouldn't block rear view visibility. There's a lot of metal in the way...

Can anyone take a picture of this through the front windshield looking back?

You must be registered for see images

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen that Autoform rollbar in local member's GTS's and it doesn't appear to block rear visibility. That was one of the first thoughts that came to mind when I saw it but these guys seem to have no complaints about it. My .02 cents.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the seats go all the way back etc still?

I'm 6'5" and concerned about head/leg room.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the seats go back all the way. For me, the top and two side angled crossbars are not in the mirror. The side braces are way out of the way. Just the two center angled pieces in mirror. You don't even notice them.

The Autoform center console piece is just a fiberglass pressing, btw. Install them with OEM panels for a nice finished look.

Last edited:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the seats go back all the way. For me, the top and two side angled crossbars are not in the mirror. The side braces are way out of the way. Just the two center angled pieces in mirror. You don't even notice them.

The Autoform center console piece is just a fiberglass pressing, btw. Install them with OEM panels for a nice finished look.

I can't get my seat back to recline all the way back with the Autoform. Can you?

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know it's an RT, but the bar is the same. This is Dave's / Partsrack bar:

You must be registered for see images attach

I have a two inch seat lowering kit on the driver's side and it fits. The seat won't recline all the way, but you shouldn't be driving with a gangster lean anyways in the V.

The only issue we had was the width of the actual piece. It is wide enough that if you center it in the car, then neither emergency handles work. We had to nudge the bar twoards the passanger side a bit to make the driver's side emergency door release work.

It's not certified though . . .

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

Here's the Autoform in my old '98 GTS. I never had any problem seeing out of the car. Only prolem was, being 6'2" I had to lower the seat so it would go back that last notch!

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That top cross bar runs along the roof, so it's not inline with your rear visual at all. I think the shot from the rear show better than that from the front that the visibility isn't really an issue with the Autoform (imho)...

P.S. The rear view mirror is in the way on the front photo, making the visiblity look less than it really is...

Attachments

• Viper Autoform bar 005.jpg
    Viper Autoform bar 005.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Viper Autoform bar 006.jpg
    Viper Autoform bar 006.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 60

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures! Can you see the roll bar in your rear view mirror? It still seems like it would be in the view.

One of the main reasons why I haven't got one yet is because of the rear view. I really do need one though.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i talked to dave about his about 2 years ago. its what i was/am gonna go with at some point. just too lazy and broke to do it this year

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a two inch seat lowering kit on the driver's side and it fits. The seat won't recline all the way, but you shouldn't be driving with a gangster lean anyways in the V.

The only issue we had was the width of the actual piece. It is wide enough that if you center it in the car, then neither emergency handles work. We had to nudge the bar twoards the passanger side a bit to make the driver's side emergency door release work.

I spoke with the late BBD about this rollbar for my RT/10. He had one left he was trying to sell to me but I never got around to buying it from him. :( Regarding this rollbar will both the soft top and stock hard top fit over the bar? I recall reading somewhere that only the autoform hardtop will fit over this rollbar.:dunno:

Thx,
- TP

Olddudesrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures! Can you see the roll bar in your rear view mirror? It still seems like it would be in the view.

One of the main reasons why I haven't got one yet is because of the rear view. I really do need one though.

GTSnake,

Yea, I can see the roll bar, but I don't feel it blocks a sufficient part of my rear vision. I have no issues with it, especially considering I also use my two outside mirrors continually.

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I spoke with the late BBD about this rollbar for my RT/10. He had one left he was trying to sell to me but I never got around to buying it from him. :( Regarding this rollbar will both the soft top and stock hard top fit over the bar? I recall reading somewhere that only the autoform hardtop will fit over this rollbar.:dunno:

Thx,
- TP

That's the best part-both factory tops fit over just fine. :2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this fit Rt/10 factory tops? :dunno: pm me the price please.
You must be registered for see images

I don't think so, check with JonB but I believe it will only with the Autoform hardtop and stock soft top? :dunno:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. The BBD roll bar doesn't look like the Autoform bar. However the picture on the Partsrack web page looks like the Autoform bar. Are there any pictures of the BBD roll bar not installed?

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great for cracking the back of your skull open.:nono: Go with an Autoform.:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth