GTS vs. C6 Z06

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is what i was TRYING to get thru to him as NO WAY IN THE WORLD my GTS (built to the MAX soup to nuts you name it that motor had it to the tune of over 30k in mods at jobber prices )WOULD BE ABLE TO BEAT A cammed Z 06 with drivers of the same ability on the same track(i could barely beat a stock one).

Joe again, they did not have the tuning capabilities back, many years ago when you had your Viper. With that said, your car would of made alot more power if we were talking about today..

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now all of us VETTE LOVERS are in for trouble as the MAGICAL stealth and duster have appeared AND THE GREAT THING IS IF ONE OF THE ABOVE GETS WRECKED there are junkyards full of them here in the us IF A REPLACEMENT IS NEEDED.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe again, they did not have the tuning capabilities back, many years ago when you had your Viper. With that said, your car would of made alot more power if we were talking about today..
GREAT POINT could very well be.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now all of us VETTE LOVERS are in for trouble as the MAGICAL stealth and duster have appeared AND THE GREAT THING IS IF ONE OF THE ABOVE GETS WRECKED there are junkyards full of them here in the us IF A REPLACEMENT IS NEEDED.

You must mean that there were more Z06 vettes made than Stealth TTs. Although the Duster was one of the most popular cars ever built in all history, a restorable decent body is worth $1000- 20,000 and no there's not many in junkyards. No there were a few million vettes built and many junkyards specailize in vette parts.

There was a point to your post?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must mean that there were more Z06 vettes made than Stealth TTs. Although the Duster was one of the most popular cars ever built in all history, a restorable decent body is worth $1000- 20,000 and no there's not many in junkyards. No there were a few million vettes built and many junkyards specailize in vette parts.

There was a point to your post?
YOUR KIDDING right

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Goggle is your friend 3000GT VR-4 & Stealth R/T TT Production

only 37 Stealth TTs built in 1996, etc. Limited production - not like a vette.

the "Blind vette loyalty" here is sickening. Only 2 vettes were ever fast - out of the hundreds of models. And a 06 started with a measly 420bhp. 30 less than the "creampuff vipers".

OP
OP
N

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the "Blind vette loyalty" here is sickening. Only 2 vettes were ever fast - out of the hundreds of models. And a 06 started with a measly 420bhp. 30 less than the "creampuff vipers".

2006's didn't have 420 hp.... They had the 400 hp LS2, the 2008's went to 430-436 hp LS3 motor.

What Vettes do consider fast? There are more than 2 (in my book) - especially if you are talking about track times. I believe a base Z51 suspension LS2 w/ "only" 400 hp was quicker around VIR than a Gen III in the C&D Lightning Lap Test.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tailawag has a video of his stockish c6z06 haveing a close run with a 610 rwhp paxtoned viper....Thing is that you can clearly see that the viper started behind him and easily caught up and then started to walk away were tailawag claims he let off..

Dont belieave that bs for a second

Waaaaaaaaaaaait. So, maybe you should ask the Viper owner which is also on this board...since you know sooooo much.

Ok...he was 1/2 a car behind when we started, and he ended up side by side (from 60 or so to 160 or so)...then he pulled a car...so 1 1/2 car from a 610rwhp car to a 470rhwp STOCK Z06...right?

You would have to hold to BS flags if you saw what happens to blown 702rwhp Viper against a 492rwhp "stockish" Z06...LOL...:crazy2:

Oh Viperfanboys crack me up. I love Vipers, but it is what it is.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TED hello there are junkyards filled with your so called collectables they are near worthless .

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2006's didn't have 420 hp.... They had the 400 hp LS2, the 2008's went to 430-436 hp LS3 motor.

What Vettes do consider fast? There are more than 2 (in my book) - especially if you are talking about track times. I believe a base Z51 suspension LS2 w/ "only" 400 hp was quicker around VIR than a Gen III in the C&D Lightning Lap Test.
You really want to laugh asl TED Ritted the last time he actually owned or drove (ANY of theses cars )he talks about.NEVER.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waaaaaaaaaaaait. So, maybe you should ask the Viper owner which is also on this board...since you know sooooo much.

Ok...he was 1/2 a car behind when we started, and he ended up side by side (from 60 or so to 160 or so)...then he pulled a car...so 1 1/2 car from a 610rwhp car to a 470rhwp STOCK Z06...right?

You would have to hold to BS flags if you saw what happens to blown 702rwhp Viper against a 492rwhp "stockish" Z06...LOL...:crazy2:

Oh Viperfanboys crack me up. I love Vipers, but it is what it is.

the video in question

YouTube - C6 Z06 vs SC Viper

First and formeost..In that vid as soon as he starts pulling away you say thats were you let off...So from the very beginning you have lost all credibility..

Secondly a 618 rwhp paxton is the lowest dyno number for a paxtoned srt10 I have ever heard of. Ive read of some very low ones in the 630 rwhp range. But come on 618 rwhp? Most are 650-700 rwhp..

I give credit were it's due. BUT...

-YOU CLEARLY HIT IT WELL BEFORE HE DID..1-2 seconds before him. PUTTING A CAR ON HIM
-HE "QUICKLY" STOPPED YOUR PULL AND GOT BACK BESIDE YOU
-HE THEN PROCEDDED TO START WALKING AWAY (WERE YOU SAY YOU LET OFF)

An even start race would have had him 4 cars ahead of you by 150 mph. Considering you are 25 rwhp over stock and 618 rwhp is the lowest paxoned Viper number Ive ever heard of..Thats realistic..bUT SOMEONE HAVEING 1-2 SECONDS MOMENTUM BEFORE YOU IS HARD TO CATCH UP TOO..HE DID AND PULLED YOU

But the way you present it is like it was an even start and you guys tied and he didnt pull away. Not kool..Reguardless of what car you like. We all should have the same respect to tell it like it is. Saying you let off when he started pulling away is simply put...Wrong/sneeky/ricerish/no honor ect......

But you tried to make a false name for your self and your Z06 by makeing it seem like this was a fair even start race and that you let off before he started walking you..Again all credibility is lost on your part.

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder why the vette boys are here preaching instead of on the vette forums?

badgt - before you throw around idiot, stupid, liar, "don't know anything" at anyone else, you'd better go bad and re-read this thread http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...-what-top-na-hp-these-days-2.html#post2818554

Wow, I'm impressed. Never saw anyone get slammed/corrected/called out/btch slapped that bad. Hopefully you'll get some more.

By the way, BAD enthusiast, you ever own a Viper? or just drive one? maybe just talk one? Never saw you post a pic for some reason

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First and formeost..In that vid as soon as he starts pulling away you say thats were you let off...So from the very beginning you have lost all credibility..

Secondly a 610 rwhp paxton is the lowest dyno number for a paxtoned srt10 I have ever heard of. Ive read of some very low ones in the 630 rwhp range. But come on 610 rwhp? Most are 650-700 rwhp..

Makes me wonder is somthing isnt right???

I give credit were it's due. And if you had just posted the vid and said you had a close run with a 610 rwhp paxtoned Viper and that he started a car behind you and was 2-3 cars ahead of you from a 60-160 mph blast. This would be totally exceptable.

But you tried to make a false name for your self and your Z06 by makeing it seem like this was a fair even start race and that you let off before he started walking you..Again all credibility is lost on your part.

You win...I have NOS, supercharger, HC and all other goodies on that car. :hail:
I never claimed to win that race...a fellow viper owner posted it to stir the ***, and so the *** was stirred. Oh well.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the video in question

YouTube - C6 Z06 vs SC Viper

Secondly a 618 rwhp paxton is the lowest dyno number for a paxtoned srt10 I have ever heard of. Ive read of some very low ones in the 630 rwhp range. But come on 618 rwhp? Most are 650-700 rwhp..

I give credit were it's due. BUT...

-YOU CLEARLY HIT IT WELL BEFORE HE DID..1-2 seconds before him. PUTTING A CAR ON HIM
-HE "QUICKLY" STOPPED YOUR PULL AND GOT BACK BESIDE YOU
-HE THEN PROCEDDED TO START WALKING AWAY (WERE YOU SAY YOU LET OFF)

An even start race would have had him 4 cars ahead of you by 150 mph. Considering you are 25 rwhp over stock and 618 rwhp is the lowest paxoned Viper number Ive ever heard of..Thats realistic..bUT SOMEONE HAVEING 1-2 SECONDS MOMENTUM BEFORE YOU IS HARD TO CATCH UP TOO..HE DID AND PULLED YOU

But the way you present it is like it was an even start and you guys tied and he didnt pull away. Not kool..Reguardless of what car you like. We all should have the same respect to tell it like it is. Saying you let off when he started pulling away is simply put...Wrong/sneeky/ricerish/no honor ect......

stop editing your posts...makes it difficult to respond.
Credibility??? Funny coming from a guy/girl that thinks changing the ratio on a 5th gear of an 09 ACR will yield better results on the 1/4 mile...with that, I am done...LOL.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You win...I have NOS, supercharger, HC and all other goodies on that car. :hail:
I never claimed to win that race...a fellow viper owner posted it to stir the ***, and so the *** was stirred. Oh well.

YOU MADE THE VID..YOU KNOW THE PART WERE YOU SAY THE CAR IS A FREAK ECT....

im gonna go hunting C6Z06's now..Just to make a point. I 100% know for a fact that just a bolt on srt10 can run toe to toe with stock Z06's...

Theirs a yellow one always parked by the churck close to my house..As well as a black and red one always cruising around...And then of course my friends cammed/intake/exhaust one..

Im gonna look for stock ones and end this BS once and for all..445 rwhp and 3170 pounds..OHHHHHH AHHHHHHH....So fast..better have 600 rwhp on your 3390 pound car!!!!!!!Just to be even....

ha ha ha ha.........

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOU MADE THE VID..YOU KNOW THE PART WERE YOU SAY THE CAR IS A FREAK ECT....

im gonna go hunting C6Z06's now..Just to make a point. I 100% know for a fact that just a bolt on srt10 can run toe to toe with stock Z06's...

Theirs a yellow one always parked by the churck close to my house..As well as a black and red one always cruising around...And then of course my friends cammed/intake/exhaust one..

Im gonna look for stock ones and end this BS once and for all..445 rwhp and 3170 pounds..OHHHHHH AHHHHHHH....So fast..better have 600 rwhp on your 3390 pound car!!!!!!!Just to be even....

ha ha ha ha.........

I think you are simply un-informed. The car was a pilot car, # 188 out of 200 original 06's that GM passed on to a few execs to try out. It seemed to run unusually good/fast but once put on the dyno, it was about the same as all the other ones in the area...just seemed to pull a bit more than they did. That video is old (used to call her a freak) - I forgot it was up - it is time for it to go. I need some new ones on the new Z so thanks for bringing it back from the grave - now it is gone forever! LOL.

Where about do you live? Hopefully you are in the midwest...if not, I am sure I can get you set up with a properly driven Z in you area so that you can put the theory to rest. Also, if you can find a 550-600rwhp Viper in the area that would want to test this theory, I am more than game. I think I know most of the Vipers around here, and they know what the Z can do on the roadcourse and on the straights.

Oh...just join the VCA already, don't be cheap - that will further increase YOUR credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.