Hard launch in ACR (1.64 60') locks me out of 2nd or 3rd gear!

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fikse, I'm launching the car at 3.5K and short shifting 1-2 at about 5.5K.

The only reason I short shift at 5.5K is to avoid violent wheel hops (still

has wheel hops though).

I tried 1-2 shift right at the red line but the wheel hop was just too crazy.

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get the pilot sport cups on there... I'm launching at around 5k RPM and they hook! :)

Fikse, I'm launching the car at 3.5K and short shifting 1-2 at about 5.5K.

The only reason I short shift at 5.5K is to avoid violent wheel hops (still

has wheel hops though).

I tried 1-2 shift right at the red line but the wheel hop was just too crazy.

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no kidding, car was ******* me off that night, in a heads up run, I pulled the same 60' as a GT-R, shifted quick, clean run, pulled a higher trap speed than him, and he ran 10.7 and I ran 11.1.... :) not to mention I'm making more power and 400 pounds lighter....

Man< you need to get that thing in the 10s!!! You can do it!:drive:

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What you are describing is the SKIP SHIFT function at work. When your throttle is less that 30% down, and RPS below ~~3000, it locks you out of 2nd and 3rd. Dumps to 4th. SOMETHING is amiss in skip-shift solenoid or wiring. Do you have a poly trans mount?

Did you (incorrectly?) install a skip-shift eliminator in it? I have NOT seen one work properly with a Gen 4.

FWIW, I have not seen any problems with my 250 ohm skip shift eliminator in my '08. (Being an electrical engineer, I can't see how the computer would reliably be able to detect the difference between a resistor and a solenoid coil, unless Chrysler spent some serious development on prohibiting CAGS eliminators -- which would be useless because us EEs would quickly conjure a solenoid emulator circuit :D )