HELP, can Tator or Jon B, anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As is often the case with Jon, (like here) no good deed goes unpunished.

I started dealing with Jon on Viper issues even before he had a business, and I have dealt with him routinely for years through 4 Vipers. I cannot recall a call not returned or an email not responded to promptly.

I can recall free parts, advice NOT to buy stuff that would have cost me and enriched him, and numerous examples of great advice.

There are vendors/dealers that folks swoon over on this board who in my experience are phonies (some that would really surprise you)--Jon is not one of them.

Reaction score
I have never, ever emailed Jon, and he has always gotten back to me, scarry isn't it.
Even when I don't call him, he always calls back, now that's great service.
All the times I've never met him over the many years, he's always had a smile and kind words to say to me. Jon is why I joined the VCA, and upgraded my membership to Venom. Thanks Jon for being there for me.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are vendors/dealers that folks swoon over on this board who in my experience are phonies (some that would really surprise you)--Jon is not one of them.

So I guess DC Performance, Roe Racing and Tator's Dodge are phonies? Wow, that's huge. Now that Jon no longer wants my business I will be visiting the phonies. :lmao:

Thanks for the heads up! :2tu:

I have never, ever emailed Jon, and he has always gotten back to me, scarry isn't it.
Even when I don't call him, he always calls back, now that's great service.
All the times I've never met him over the many years, he's always had a smile and kind words to say to me. Jon is why I joined the VCA, and upgraded my membership to Venom. Thanks Jon for being there for me.

You are a much more noble person than I. I spent the extra $35 on Venom because the fridge was already full of beer that week.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I guess DC Performance, Roe Racing and Tator's Dodge are phonies? Wow, that's huge. Now that Jon no longer wants my business I will be visiting the phonies. :lmao:

Thanks for the heads up! :2tu:

You are a much more noble person than I. I spent the extra $35 on Venom because the fridge was already full of beer that week.

I never said DC, Tator and Roe were phonies. From what I know they are good vendors and I hope you do business with them . Don't put words in my mouth. Let me give you some free legal advice -words have meaning and you should be careful what you say about folks' businesses.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said DC, Tator and Roe were phonies. From what I know they are good vendors and I hope you do business with them . Don't put words in my mouth. Let me give you some free legal advice -words have meaning and you should be careful what you say about folks' businesses.

Free legal advice off the Viper forum? How can I upgrade to Platinum? :lmao:

Yeah, and as long as you are pretending to know more than I do, I guess while Jon sues me I'll counter sue him for threatening emails when he failed to recognize after a parts inquiry that I do not live in Europe, and I do not owe him money.

So all this crap about well he's so special because he knows my phone number and he always calls me back didn't happen one day, because he does knows my phone number, and should have known it was me and not the person in Europe. But I got a threatening email from him anyway.

I would recommend you mind your own business before I warn you about the law.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Free legal advice off the Viper forum? How can I upgrade to Platinum? :lmao:

Yeah, and as long as you are pretending to know more than I do, I guess while Jon sues me I'll counter sue him for threatening emails when he failed to recognize after a parts inquiry that I do not live in Europe, and I do not owe him money.

So all this crap about well he's so special because he knows my phone number and he always calls me back didn't happen one day, because he does knows my phone number, and should have known it was me and not the person in Europe. But I got a threatening email from him anyway.

I would recommend you mind your own business before I warn you about the law.

Hopeless. Warn away.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are great. This place can get boring at times and then someone asks for a $5 part (ok, probably Viper taxed at $25) and all hell breaks loose. I bet the Vette guys don't have this much fun when looking for retaining clips :D Here's my thoughts on the two totally off topic/topics of this thread:

1. Jon B. has always emailed me back within an hour or 2 of any emails I've sent him...usually under 30 mins
2. I think outsourcing *****. I spend my American $$ in America, I'd prefer to get help from someone who is located in America and speaks ENGLISH!!

Reaction score
[ PS MARK: I have the part, so I don't need your number. Not funny either. ]
Online Shopping - Home

Jon,

You are a great vendor and you should know there was nothing evil about my comment. Sometimes I think I'm funny and that's all this was. He PM'd me looking for the number because he could not find it from anyone else because it is not a listed part. I WRONGLY assumed you could not either.

Apologies.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mark, no prob at all....we're good. It was just time for the semi-annual grump-gripe-bash I guess. My business and life is ruled by Email, and responding promptly, especially from known Customers like Greg85 and (apparently past customers) like 6666. So if the stars aligned and the spam-hole got Greg's mail this one time, SORRY! Greg, the part is FREE if you show me the mail.

Terry, Chad, Greg85, RedMD, Baz, Chad, SellsHome, Plum, 604, warfang, et al and etc...MUCH thanks for the kind words. When cheap shots fly (esp from the same repeat shooter) it is heartening to have you chime in.

Lastly:
Email has pitfalls, and one is UNSIGNED email. I have over a DOZEN same-name customers with Vipers. Some triple-name files. So when you dont sign, or sign only "TOM, DICK, or HARRY" without last names, it is frustrating to find your customer file quickly, if at all. Think about it, in all your important mailing.

Last edited:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys.....

Not that I don't very much enjoy all the jabbing, BUT, everyone should remember that unlike most of the Viper owners/members here, there are BUSINESS owners, managers and salespeople reading and posting in here that thrive on our business and our reviews of our experiences with these business folk.

Combine the "internet forum propensity" to overstate the nature of your concern with the problems typically associated with gleaning the true meaning of the written word (as opposed to the spoken word) and you have a smelting *** for misunderstanding. Sadly, the misunderstanding seems to always be negative. Someone with a better understanding of human nature can explain why.

My point is that when members bash each in good natured fun ... it's all good. But when we comment about our experiences with various businesses (in jest or not), WE ALL NEED TO BE MORE CAREFUL WITH OUR WORDS to insure that there's no misunderstanding. This forum is effectively a public advertisement for the business that serve our viper community. It's far different when I get kid about my sensitivity to having almost ordered my '08 in the wrong color than if those kidding comments might affect my household income.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, no prob at all....we're good. It was just time for the semi-annual grump-gripe-bash I guess. My business and life is ruled by Email, and responding promptly, especially from known Customers like Greg85 and (apparently past customers) like 6666. So if the stars aligned and the spam-hole got Greg's mail this one time, SORRY! Greg, the part is FREE if you show me the mail.

Terry, Chad, Greg85, RedMD, Baz, Chad, SellsHome, et al and etc...MUCH thanks for the kind words. When cheap shots fly (esp from the same repeat shooter) it is heartening to have you chime in.

Lastly:
Email has pitfalls, and one is UNSIGNED email. I have over a DOZEN same-name customers with Vipers. Some triple-name files. So when you dont sign, or sign only "TOM, DICK, or HARRY" without last names, it is frustrating to find your customer file quickly, if at all. Think about it, in all your important mailing.

You just won't stop will you Jon.

You should recognize when you type that you don't want my business any more that those words aren't just apparent, they are real.

And the first cheap shot was handling this with a pocket full of grenades. I always return class and tact when approached about an issue. And never stand down when the bombs fly.

Although there seems to be selective vision or reading going on here, I will repeat the fact that I think Parts Rack is a valued supplier in the Viper parts world. It does not mean however that every inquiry, purchase, transaction etc goes without error, miscommunication or misunderstanding.

Somebody close this thread.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just won't stop will you Jon.

You should recognize when you type that you don't want my business any more that those words aren't just apparent, they are real.

And the first cheap shot was handling this with a pocket full of grenades. I always return class and tact when approached about an issue. And never stand down when the bombs fly.

Although there seems to be selective vision or reading going on here, I will repeat the fact that I think Parts Rack is a valued supplier in the Viper parts world. It does not mean however that every inquiry, purchase, transaction etc goes without error, miscommunication or misunderstanding.

Somebody close this thread.

I love it when A-types bump heads over little words. It makes me happy. :stooges: :catfight:

Now let's all hold hands around the burning z06 with the bad roof and sing a catchy folk tune.:hug:

BTW... sent JonB an email after my first post here for some info on an order. Didn't see it 3 hours later and thought he was busy. Turns out he responded minutes within my request and my junk spam piled on top of his. So he's 1 for 1 with me so far. :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and always keep in mind that OUR emails might be stuck in HIS spam file. it happens all the time to people.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are great. This place can get boring at times and then someone asks for a $5 part (ok, probably Viper taxed at $25) and all hell breaks loose. I bet the Vette guys don't have this much fun when looking for retaining clips :D Here's my thoughts on the two totally off topic/topics of this thread:

1. Jon B. has always emailed me back within an hour or 2 of any emails I've sent him...usually under 30 mins
2. I think outsourcing *****. I spend my American $$ in America, I'd prefer to get help from someone who is located in America and speaks ENGLISH!!

Your welcome Jon...

Chad,No2 ;):D that always makes me laugh for some reason....

604SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about designing some Viper skirts for the ladies on this forum!!! :D

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about designing some Viper skirts for the ladies on this forum!!! :D

Dude, if you are going to design us skirts you have bigger problems than we thought! Do you sit around at night and do needle point as well? If so, I really need a new sweater.:rolaugh:

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know....he ALWAYS replies to MY emails...... :)

GEEEEEZ, is this going to turn into another unofficial poll of whether JonB returns emails. . . . . What's next . . . reading another post how Mondays are a bad day to call him. It seems some have had positive experiences with him and some have not.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As is often the case with Jon, (like here) no good deed goes unpunished.

I started dealing with Jon on Viper issues even before he had a business, and I have dealt with him routinely for years through 4 Vipers. I cannot recall a call not returned or an email not responded to promptly.

I can recall free parts, advice NOT to buy stuff that would have cost me and enriched him, and numerous examples of great advice.

For definition of "Swoon", see above :lmao:

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Terry, Chad, Greg85, RedMD, Baz, Chad, SellsHome, Plum, 604, warfang, et al and etc...MUCH thanks for the kind words. When cheap shots fly (esp from the same repeat shooter) it is heartening to have you chime in.

Lastly:

Thats probably what happened to my email, I never sign them, im lazy, also have multiple accounts so depending where I was at when I send the email, anyway I didnt call because I know how busy JON B is and I didnt even know the name of the part. I now have the part number so MODS will you freeze this post, it got way off topic. As for the email JON B, im really to lazy to look for it, but its erased by now anyway, this was months ago, the end of summer I think when I got Tator so send me what he thought it was, no luck but he tried his ass off, thanks TATOR, going to give Marks number a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.