Hey DC, the Viper crowd likes this...(Admin note attached)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So why is it so difficult to deliver it? Quit trying to match GenII curves with the straight lines of the SRT Viper and just put this back end on it, including the FUNCTIONAL wing . They will blow off the showroom floors faster than you can build them.

8384708132_3287-med.jpg

Build it and I will place my order right now, along with a Dodge pickup to pull it to the track.

<font color="red">Vipermad made this a sticky thread. :) Some will say yes, I'd imagine some will say no. No matter what, please keep this thread on topic...if you wanna bash me (for example) for hating this idea, DO NOT do it here, it will only serve to ruin Chuck's thread....please? :) I wold have to start another thread to add a poll....so let us just keep this one going. The replies and the veiws will show the same thing a poll would....we vote with our posts...and our wallets. :) </font>

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Hey DC, the Viper crowd likes this...

but Chuck, can you sit on that wing? Is that what you mean by "functional?" :laugh:

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

just as Chuck said I could be persuaded to work a few more days this year if this car was available. Unfortuanately DC seems to have gone mainstream and is or has lost its edge in the American Sports car arena.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chuck...Nice Pic, and awesome color combo!! Got a pic. of the front end too??? I'll take one too!!!

GUYS, Wouldn't you think that DC would survey all Viper Owners for their opinion and input on the new designs? And let 20,000 owners decide which looks best , instead of a few engineers????

DC ARE YOU LISTENING???? MAKE THE NEW COUPE EXACTLY LIKE THIS ONE WITH AT LEAST 650 + RWHP!!!!!

Dave :D

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have been watching the Barret-Jackson auctions and you can see how much we love the older styling compared to the new...
No they're not listening which is why we have to buy from the older gen cars to satisfy our appetites..

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If DC fails to deliver, new buyers (which keep the viper linage alive) will seek their kicks elswehere. There are MANY new options comming up, the HP wars have started again.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We don't need to tell DC what to build, it is clear they know what they're doing by how well the SRT-10 is selling.

WAR BUY ONE GET ONE 1/2 PRICE!

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That would be great but to complete it, it needs to rate out at 550+ HP. Without the HP boost .......

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still can't understand why they don't just make a street legal comp coupe!! SO it takes a little longer, who cares! So it costs a little more, who cares!!! If you build it, they will ***!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What's SO DAMN difficult to build a Viper like that with a body like that????? WHAT IS SO DAMN DIFFICULT!?

G

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What's SO DAMN difficult to build a Viper like that with a body like that????? WHAT IS SO DAMN DIFFICULT!?

G

I've got to agree with everyone here. This car is beautiful, DC you got it right the first time Comp Coupe style. Listen to what we are saying here. Why take the Gen3 and stick a Gen2 roof on it? Wake up build this car, out-horsepower the new Z06 and be done with it!!!!!!!! :2tu:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You dont even have to re-desing anything....
It's there, thats what we want!!!!

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HEY Chuck, that car is so **** I almost had a 0*****M, As a matter of fact I got so worked up over it the wife says, yes, get one.....please.....If DC made this car I would sell all to get it...thanks for posting pics, I am going to save it as a screen saver...

Reaction score

Are we really ready for it :cool: :laugh:
Perceive it all to be a game plan - "Baby Steps" if you will. After all, what would DC do in the later years to exceed the introduction of the Comp Coupe flavor :p

... really ... wonder what would happen to the current SRT values and older style cars? The CC style is the best design bar none! - We're just going have to drive our "Chopped Liver" cars for a while and wait patiently for it ;)

Doug

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

KNOCK, KNOCK, HELLO MCFLY!! BUILD THE DAMN CAR LIKE THE ONE IN THE PIC ABOVE. WE ARE YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE!! BUILD WHAT WE TELL YOU TO BUILD!! WE WILL BUY THEM!! IT'S REALLY EASY... JESUS I WISH MY BUSINESS WAS THIS EASY.

BOTTOM LINE... MAKE IT LIKE THE COMP COUPE WITH 600HP AND IT WILL BE A SUCCESS. TRUST US, WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. THAT IS ALL.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

IF YOU GUYS LIKE WHAT YOU SEE, FOR GODS SAKE POST IT HERE AND MAYBE SOMEONE WILL TAKE NOTICE!!

DON'T MOVE ON TO THE NEXT THREAD, TAKE 1 MINUTE AND POST WHAT YOU THINK.

cgmaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I don't really like the SRT-10 but this car looks sweet. Also they are going to need a performance boost to keep up with the new cars that are out.

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Been saying it since VOI broke the story of the chicken coupe. That thing is horrid... It's like the dog-people creatures created onboard the alien ship in Mars Attacks!

Just build the street coupe!!

(FWIW, I heard one big reason DC morphed the back end onto the SRT was the cost of getting the comp-style pieces certified for highway safety and whatnot...)

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They shoul dbuild it like that. Although the back end is not my favorite part of it. But teh wider stance and teh small gunslit windows are really trick.

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can someone initiate a vote so DC can see what the Viper crowd prefers???

1) DC version of Gen III GTS, or
2) Comp Coupe styling for new Gen III GTS

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Can someone initiate a vote so DC can see what the Viper crowd prefers???

1) DC version of Gen III GTS, or
2) Comp Coupe styling for new Gen III GTS

I tried, but not knowing how to manipulate the poll selection on this website, it didn't work. Somebody does need to do this. (Not that DC would listen to any of us...)

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One set of rumors says that DC used the old GTS rear end because it has already passed the required crash testing. That seems like BS because the GTS rear wasn't a hatchback (which would certainly affect the structural rigidity)! But even if it was true, why such a cheap as* approach on what is supposed to be a leading class car? After all, the '53 DeSoto rear end will probably meet current crash standards, why not use it? :p

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still can't understand why they don't just make a street legal comp coupe!! SO it takes a little longer, who cares! So it costs a little more, who cares!!! If you build it, they will ***!

lmao :) that's sig worthy!

Johann

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I do believe that rear end treatment wouldn't be street legal in some states, the taillights aren't visible from the side.

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do believe that rear end treatment wouldn't be street legal in some states, the taillights aren't visible from the side.

Side markers shouldn't be too difficult to install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32