How are they selling?

JonSav

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think more than 800 were ordered since our canadian orders are only going to get here this summer

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who knows. I tried two local dealers when the vehicle was announced. Left my name. Once order time arrived, no call. Ordered from Tomball.

Been calling those same dealers, and am additional one in the area about service and they all seem to have one sold with another allocation available.

Guess they should have called me back instead of blowing me off for being "young" (is 30 still considered young?)

Reaction score
We have been VERY fortunate in sales (as always, without any mark ups) and I'm looking forward to having optional power and suspension options when they roll in. :2tu:

Reaction score
Do you think the headers will be released soon.

I think there will headers shortly, but doubt any will be ready for the first wave of cars unfortunately. I know that there are some in development though and what we really will need is a PCM from SRT first.

Reaction score
I hope to have you guys put on MCS coilovers when my SRT shows up.

That should not be an issue according to the guys at SRT, I'm sure this will be the most popular mod we do right out of the gate I have 12 sets coming to accommodate all of the sold car request for them. The GTS will be tough though since there are so many things tied in electronically to those shocks.

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That should not be an issue according to the guys at SRT, I'm sure this will be the most popular mod we do right out of the gate I have 12 sets coming to accommodate all of the sold car request for them. The GTS will be tough though since there are so many things tied in electronically to those shocks.

A $120K car should not need an aftermarket suspension setup. SRT should have done it right in the first place.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A $120K car should not need an aftermarket suspension setup. SRT should have done it right in the first place.

there are ALWAYS aftermarket improvements even if the car costs $5000,000 or more

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are ALWAYS aftermarket improvements even if the car costs $5000,000 or more

For hp yes, but for suspension?! "come on man"! That's complete and utter BS! The car should come with a suspension that works period!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the issues for factory shocks is that they must be designed for long life, with no maintenance required. The average vehicle owner does not want to deal with rebuilding shocks, and refilling nitrogen shock cannisters.

The factory shocks need to be reasonably priced and available in large enought quanitiies that they do not need to wait while they are being made.

For most owners, the stock setups will be perfectly acceptable. For those with higher aspirations, and larger wallets, the aftermarket will be the way to go.

jsd512

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they put the finest suspension on the GTS, what would they put on the ACR? Something better than the best there is? Has anyone come up with that yet?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the issues for factory shocks is that they must be designed for long life, with no maintenance required. The average vehicle owner does not want to deal with rebuilding shocks, and refilling nitrogen shock cannisters.

The factory shocks need to be reasonably priced and available in large enought quanitiies that they do not need to wait while they are being made.

For most owners, the stock setups will be perfectly acceptable. For those with higher aspirations, and larger wallets, the aftermarket will be the way to go.
LOL, people are complaining about a car that isn't even out yet. It is amazing.

Plus, people seem to ignore your points.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For hp yes, but for suspension?! "come on man"! That's complete and utter BS! The car should come with a suspension that works period!

Sorry but I have been around for a while and have upgraded every car I have owned (almost) and I have owned a lot more than you. Yes suspension, cooling, lubrication, weight, etc. Its just part of being a car enthusiast, we can't help ourselves. I am sure the GenV suspension works great and considering that none of us have given the new car a real test, the point is rather mute at least for now.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperGMC

EXCELLENT - I have been on this forum for 12 years and since the GEN V there have been more hateful and worthless posts then all posts from the past. It seems that the gates of Trolldom must have fallen.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperGMCEXCELLENT - I have been on this forum for 12 years and since the GEN V there have been more hateful and wothless posts then all posts from the past. It seems that the gates of Trolldom must have fallen.

I find it interesting that those mocking the GenV will never be able to drive it to its' limits to begin with. Very few people around here can do that. It comes down to bench racing with trolls in most cases. I do look forwarding to reading your assesment of the GenV Jack. You are one of a handful of Viper owners here that actually pushes the Viper to its limits, races it and offers thoughtful technical insight. :2tu: Forget the troll-wanna-bes and have fun with you GenV!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Red/Black,

SRT did it right from the beginning , but keep in mind they are also constrained by government regulations for bumper height , etc. The suspension on a base Vette is not the same as a ZR1, so why would you expect a 101,990 car ( not 120K) to be the same as on the top of the line model? Keep in mind that many want to mod their Vipers and always have ( much like Harley owners ), but a infinitely adjustable suspension may offer a driver who wants to lower the car and set it up aggressively for the track, more options than what comes stock. This is not really an automotive price point, as folks will do the same thing with a Honda , a Mustang Boss 302, etc. depending on what they want to use the car for.

Just trying to explain, as this is one of the most common mods on cars regardless of price, but one has to realize that the rationale for a suspension system has to be for the masses, whereas change is more specific to each driver's needs. Really no different than one wanting to do headers, catback exhaust, short throw shifters, etc., when stock is fine for many folks. Hence SRT did nothing wrong there either, modifications are a way to personalize and are not a reflection of something being done from the factory that is not up to the standards a individual may assume are his personal tastes.

Knowing the Engineers at SRT very well ( and the suspension guys are both accomplished racers ), the SRT comes with a really well tuned system, but like many things on any car, it can be modded -- this is a trait that many customers love about Vipers.

Take an SRT , add a track pack, do a suspension upgrade to give more adjustability and possibly lower, and bingo , you have a killer car at probably around 111-112K.

There seem to be alot more orders going in now for SRTs, with the idea that personal mods and upgrades will keep the car in a very nice price range relative to the tremendous power to weight ratio -- just a thought.

Base SRT at 101,990, track pack at 3500, leaves plenty of funds available before it even approaches the cost of a GTS base ( 124,990).

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PS - from Distribution we have heard much, much higher numbers than 800. Also keep in mind Dealers are waiting for the second wave order matrix to get the carbon fiber options. We , for example , have 4 cars to order with these additions, but they are not in the system as they can not be ordered at present.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we know that there are more gts orders in than the srt, what are the %s? at one point it was 10 % were srt.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperGMC

EXCELLENT - I have been on this forum for 12 years and since the GEN V there have been more hateful and worthless posts then all posts from the past. It seems that the gates of Trolldom must have fallen.

Well I'm glad someone else feels as I do. I've been biting my tongue when I see posts from closed minds that are critical of a car they never intend to buy, but it's getting old. I'm not talking about those who have legitimate complaints or opinions, nothing wrong with spirited debate - that's a given with a good forum. I'm talking about those that just hate it because it's different, or they can't afford it, or it has LEDs, or it has nannies, or they look down their nose at someone because they happen to make more money than them. Big deal, I'm happy for anyone's success in life and the fruits that come with it.

There's a lot to love on the Gen V, it's stuck closer to it's roots than any other supercar on the planet. It has not lost it's Viper soul, still has the big V10 and those timeless Viper curves. It's the epitomy of an American Supercar and a symbol of American perserverence through hard financial times. It's a car that I've always wanted and can finally afford. If one doesn't like it, no problem. Just don't buy it.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well I'm glad someone else feels as I do. I've been biting my tongue when I see posts from closed minds that are critical of a car they never intend to buy, but it's getting old. I'm not talking about those who have legitimate complaints or opinions, nothing wrong with spirited debate - that's a given with a good forum. I'm talking about those that just hate it because it's different, or they can't afford it, or it has LEDs, or it has nannies, or they look down their nose at someone because they happen to make more money than them. Big deal, I'm happy for anyone's success in life and the fruits that come with it.

There's a lot to love on the Gen V, it's stuck closer to it's roots than any other supercar on the planet. It has not lost it's Viper soul, still has the big V10 and those timeless Viper curves. It's the epitomy of an American Supercar and a symbol of American perserverence through hard financial times. It's a car that I've always wanted and can finally afford. If one doesn't like it, no problem. Just don't buy it.

What you said is 100 % right......add on to the list of haters as being just plain jealous!!!!!!!!
As usual Todd....you've brightened up the place with your positive comments.