How Do I reset TIRE PRESSURE SENSORS?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have 2 sets of Wheels/Tires for my car, and the Factory ones work fine, but when I drive around on my 2nd set that was bought separate from the car, I get low tire pressure warning. I know thats not the case, but I am sure it is because the 2nd set of wheels havent been added to the car. I remember reading somewhere (but cant find) that you are able to add a second set to the car, without having to take it to the dealership and have the odb2 connected to it.

Anyone know what is required to have this happen without the odb2 connected?

Thanks,

Jon

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck. I have been trying to figure it out as well since I have HREs with new sensors. You need the the ODB2 connected and a magnet on the valve to reset the sensor. Tried everything with mine and couldnt get it to reset.

I just drive around with the lo tire on. No big deal.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nah, im cool, because I have a service call tomorrow for a gas cap and Body Control Module, so while they are there, I will have them reset the wheels :)

I'll talk to them if there is any other option other then the odb2.

Jon

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, will you need to rent a car again? Dont forget your credit card. I have an Oh So Nice Neon with your name on it. Or perhaps you could **** in a Smartie

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I have 2 sets of Wheels/Tires for my car, and the Factory ones work fine, but when I drive around on my 2nd set that was bought separate from the car, I get low tire pressure warning. I know thats not the case, but I am sure it is because the 2nd set of wheels havent been added to the car. I remember reading somewhere (but cant find) that you are able to add a second set to the car, without having to take it to the dealership and have the odb2 connected to it.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon,

Take it to the dealer and have the service guy do the reset on the wheel sensors. They hold a magnet close to each wheel and reset the sensors.

Pretty simple and straightforward.
I wonder how much they will charge for doing it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks,

Jon

Jon,

Take it to the dealer and have the service guy do the reset on the wheel sensors. They hold a magnet close to each wheel and reset the sensors.

Pretty simple and straightforward.
I wonder how much they will charge for doing it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If all they do is hold a magnet to each wheel, counld't we just go buy a magnet and do it ourself's? Oh and by the way Jon did you ever figure out the flickering light problem? Just curious

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it the same as the Vettes? When I did my Vette I took a magnet and started from the pass rear, to driver rear, to pass front to driver front and they reset. I then drove the car for about 5 minutes and the computer picks them up into memory. That was it.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, will you need to rent a car again? Dont forget your credit card. I have an Oh So Nice Neon with your name on it. Or perhaps you could **** in a Smartie

lol. ball buster, I'm good. Its a real time warranty thing. So I will be staying with the car, while they work on it, and driving it back home after its done. Thanks though, but you'll have to say the smart cars for another time. lol.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot about the laws on posting that sheet!

Jon: If you need it, send me a PM.

If I forgot to say thanks in the pm (cant remember), I wanted to thank you here. Appeciate it. Seems the information requires a DRB3 though, so I'll get it done tomorrow while I am in for servicing.

Jon

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all they do is hold a magnet to each wheel, counld't we just go buy a magnet and do it ourself's? Oh and by the way Jon did you ever figure out the flickering light problem? Just curious

I hope they dont charge me, especially since I can say they are the original rims and they just need resetting, they will just comp it im sure. Its a little more then setting magnets up, you have to talk to the onboard computer, and let it know which one you are resetting with the magnet and such.

And yes,thats what I am going in for, they found it to be a Body Control Module problem, that was causing the flickering lights.

Jon

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it the same as the Vettes? When I did my Vette I took a magnet and started from the pass rear, to driver rear, to pass front to driver front and they reset. I then drove the car for about 5 minutes and the computer picks them up into memory. That was it.

I'll talk to the guys doing it tomorrow and see if its doable without the DRB3.

Will let ya know.

Jon