How far is "too far"? THIS is too far...

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a friend back in Windsor, complete nut job regarding detailing.. so much that I didn't even have patience to help work on his 71 Barracuda.. If I even put my hand on the rad support as I tightened a rad hose clamp he would cringe.. he would whine about drips in the engine block paint and request it to be repainted, it was endless.. some folks are just way too extreme, but that dude in your link has issues! :rolaugh:

Thanks, I needed that laugh! :2tu:

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow that thread was amazing, almost sickning at the same time that somebody can be that anal about things.. or maybe its a good thing...

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those are the people i would like to buy cars from, i am glad they keep them in such good shape for all the people that are going to drive the snot out of 'em when they sell to a owner that will drive them!

btw he forgot to take off the graphics to clean under them and remove the tires from the wheel so he could ge the inside of the wheels.!

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:crazy2:I look at this as an example of what is "possible" to do in car care, like if you are showing in a really "important" car show or maybe a "once a year" clean up before or after long term storage. This is just not practical for anything but a show care or a fulltime garage queen. Most of us "have a life".

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont want to even know what he would charge for a detail probably thousands... Also the thread was like many days long of straight through detailing and working... so on that thought he might not have a job or a business?? but alot of money to throw at the car, audio, chrome peices...

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont want to even know what he would charge for a detail probably thousands...
Well, since you asked (heh heh)......
Here's a video of his boss in action:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK7DWeMZyFQ[/media]

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ya I've actually seen that video before I didnt realize that guy was the same guy from the thread. crazy guy lol

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya I've actually seen that video before I didnt realize that guy was the same guy from the thread. crazy guy lol
Paul Daulton (sp?) is the uber-car wash guy.

"Marc" is his assistant, and owns the Vauxhall Astra VXR Nürburgring featured in the thread above.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that is amazing. Way too much time on his hands but the end result is pretty cool. I wish they would bring some of those more "performance" oriented Astras here to the USA. And I say that realizing that "performance" and "4-cylinder" do not belong in the same sentence on this site.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe someone can have that much attention to detail. Measuring paint depth like that? I mean c'mon...

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is really quite incredible! There's hours of reading there!
I can't get over the level of attention to detail! Simply WOW!!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Richard
Theres a mint Lotus Carlton in that building.....

That guys NUTS....... Must get him to come do the Viper.....

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's it, I'm de-badging my car this afternoon...
NOT.

Imagine what that guy would do if he hooked his t-shirt on his bike hanging precariously on the wall and it fell you know where.:omg: I can't believe he let them get the floor jacks that close to the doors after all the blemish removal he went through.:confused:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the old expression goes, this guy needs to get a life!

Btw, that car (Vauxall) is GM related, you can see some of the Saturn look in the tail lights.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
frekin' crazy! The previous owner of my car would get along soooooooo well with those guys...crazy!