How fast in the 1/4 Mile?

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am thinking about taking the Viper down the 1/4 mile for the first time. My question is, how fast would a stock ACR go down the strip, stock tires and all.

With reading my signiture, what times would I be looking at?? I imagine it should be a little quicker.:drive:

Also, can anyone take a guess at what horsepower I would have? Unfortunatelly I do not know if my exhaust is a Borla or a Corsa as it was already installed when I got it and I can't fit underneath to read it!

Thanks!

Robert

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On stock tires, 3.73s will be a "challenge" to launch effectively. On 20's?! You really need some Kumhos or Nittos. But if you get a good run, I would say 12.2-12.7. What altitude are you at in Canada?

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3.73's and 20's? yea, that'll make a tough launch.

do you still have the original acr wheels?

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12.2 - 12.7? You must be kidding. Disturbed did an 11.01 on street tires with only a few minor tweaks.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A stock 2002 ACR is not going to run 11.01. Maybe just maybe on a perfect day with a great driver 12.01 and believe me that's not easy. In fact I'm going to say somewhere about mid 12's between 115-117 if you can drive. If not it'll run low 13's.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12.2 - 12.7? You must be kidding. Disturbed did an 11.01 on street tires with only a few minor tweaks.

"minor tweaks", really? Dude, don't put out BS when you don't know *** you're talking about. Disturbed has more than "minor tweaks" :D:D, plus is running Kumhos :rolaugh::rolaugh:, plus has a fair amont of track experience :2tu::2tu:

Mopar Boy is taking his car down the track for the first time, with 3.73's on 20s!,

Please tell me you were joking. If not, think before you post................................:nono:

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock 99 with only a hi flow cat exhaust and mine ran 12.2 my first time at the track .I am a road racer so I am sure someone with drag racing experience could be in the mid 11's easily

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, let me see if I can fix the cunfusion here:D.

My first question was what a stock ACR runs with the stock tires. As I have never had the honour of seeing a ACR go down the track, I wanted to see what times it would post, thus having a baseline for what my car would run.

My second question was what MY car would do as it is obiously NOT stock. I am not saying I have stock tires either!:D I am running 20" (man do I seem to be getting ribbed for using those with 3.73's :lmao:) with 345 Perelli P-Zero tires (not sure if they are good or not :dunno:, but this is how the car came when I purchased it a year ago). Maybe I need to rephrase this question as well, what would it run with a experienced driver.

As for our altitude, we are sea level. Track experience, almost none.:smirk: I went down the 1/4 mile once with dads 300 SRT-8 but other than that...:rolleyes:

I hope that clears something up....:rolaugh::eater:

Robert

Dave149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year with my 2000 GTS with the original tires, 3.54's, Borla cat-back, and cone filters, I ran a 12.8@118. I had only drag raced a couple of times before that but not in a Viper. I would figure a stock ACR would be close to that, maybe a bit quicker with an experienced driver. BTW the track is at about 500ft above sea level (Grand Bend).

Dave

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"minor tweaks", really? Dude, don't put out BS when you don't know *** you're talking about. Disturbed has more than "minor tweaks" :D:D, plus is running Kumhos :rolaugh::rolaugh:, plus has a fair amont of track experience :2tu::2tu:

Mopar Boy is taking his car down the track for the first time, with 3.73's on 20s!,

Please tell me you were joking. If not, think before you post................................:nono:

I'm sure alex was joking. Besides...heads are minor right???

I wouldn't consider myself a fair amount of track experience...I still can't 60ft better than 1.7's :D Maybe when I get some 1.5's in on these Kumho's :D

An ACR's 1100ft-lb rear springs **** for drag racing.

For you, I'd say launch at 1500rpm and slip the clutch just a bit....then pray it hooks.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure alex was joking. Besides...heads are minor right???

I wouldn't consider myself a fair amount of track experience...I still can't 60ft better than 1.7's :D Maybe when I get some 1.5's in on these Kumho's :D

I guess I need to put my sarcasm radar up higher, my bad :D

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock 99 with only a hi flow cat exhaust and mine ran 12.2 my first time at the track .I am a road racer so I am sure someone with drag racing experience could be in the mid 11's easily

Gen2s with even a few more mods than yours don't run mid 11's easy-or for the most part-not at all..Easy 11.5's are hard to come by.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen2s with even a few more mods than yours don't run mid 11's easy-or for the most part-not at all..Easy 11.5's are hard to come by.

I think it all depends on the particular car, and of course the driver. I've seen a 96 RT/10 with high flow cats and catback and a Macedo tune go 11.5 before. It's not out of the question.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get 11.5 out of my supercharged Bumblebee, I don't see anything close to stock nearing mid 11's...

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Totally Stock 2001 RT/10, old tires, ran Gainesville Drag Strip, on nice cool day with slight breeze, and best time was 12.2 (approximately 15 runs)

Two months later ran Bradenton Drag Strip, on miserable hot day with high humidity, had drag radials on and best time was 12.5 (approximately 10 runs)

Alot will depend on your tires, the "track prep" and how hot or cool it is, but running anything under 12 would be highly unlikely if your Totally Stock:can1:

Definately do it, it was a blast on the Drag Strip. :bs2:

Have your car checked out before you do it. Make sure half shafts are tight.

Ok, I went back and read your signature. you got a few mods, maybe you could creep into the High 11's. But just do it and dont worry about it. Check with some friends that have done it before to get launch RPM's, Tire pressure's etc. I was launching around 2000 RPM and slipping clutch slightly, I can remember what the tire pressure was, but I know we put alot more air in the front tires

Last edited:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it all depends on the particular car, and of course the driver. I've seen a 96 RT/10 with high flow cats and catback and a Macedo tune go 11.5 before. It's not out of the question.

Didn't say it was out of the question-just a slim chance of it happening; with the "easy" part being the question. The car you reference and WANTED's car-if it's not the same one, are about the only posted examples I can remember of cars with low mods running that kind of ET.

Mid 11s with simple stuff has always been very rare.

I managed an 11.80@120 on a so-so 1.8 60' time on DRs running my '99 GTS a year or so ago with some homemade exhaust mods (still using OE exhaust manifolds and rear muffler) and a tricked out OE airbox .

My '01 ACR is going to be quicker - just waiting for M/T to get those new DRs released to see what she'll do. :drive:

Last edited:

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 gts with no cats, 3" B&B cat back exhaust & smooth tubes w/ k&n filters. My best on Michelin Pilot's is [email protected] w/ a 1.85 60'. My best 60' is 1.79.

Good lord, you're trapping 123 mph with just those mods? My 2001 RT/10 has a Corsa, Smooth Tubes & K&N's and I consistantly trap 117.xx mph. I trapped 118 one time. I put down 428 to the wheels. Using a HP calculator, assuming your car weighs 3400 lbs with you in it, you're making 493 at the wheels???

Also, I'm on PS2's. My racetrack altitude is 1400 ft I believe.

Mike
2001 RT/10

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
OK, what the hell were we talking about????? Drag times, or OK Vipers Hot car & wife, LOL

Appreciate the large photo, the small one just left my mind wondering!!!

Congratulation on both!!!!

:headbang:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Duh......of course I was joking.

taillights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get 11.5 out of my supercharged Bumblebee, I don't see anything close to stock nearing mid 11's...

I have a 98gts sc running mid 10's, Good luck with the sc bumblebee. It'll be a blast But I also have halfshafts to support 1.60 60ft times.:drive::2tu:

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Motor Trend did the Viper GTS ACR in 12.19 @119.15mph
First time down the track ,take it easy to see how good the track is and with 3.73 you will be going side ways when shifting into second.:drive:
Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456