How long are your OE Michelin ZPs lasting?

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting ready to pull tires off my 06 to send wheels off to CalChrome. I have 8200 miles and rears feel a tad slippery. I don't track car and I do not drive it agressively. I was thinking of at least changing out rears (although Tirerack shows them backordered)

What kind of mileage are folks getting on these OE Michelin ZPs? Thanks

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of the run flats. They are garbage. Wether or not you track the car non run flats make to car feel better. Yes the car was designed to use the run craps, but most people get rid of them ASAP. To answer your questions the original tires on my 03 lasted about 4,000 miles. That includes a couple of track days.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had 9K on my runflats before getting rid of them. I'm now runnning the Nitto Invos and am completely happy with them. Next time I will try the PS2's just for a comparison because I hear such positive reviews about them. The rears had about 20% tread and the fronts 50% after 9K miles but as you stated the rears were slippery feeling. As SCLSSRT10 stated, get rid of them ASAP and you will be amazed how much better the ride is, better traction, less (if any) wheel hop, improved cornering, etc...

As far as life span, I can't imagine someone getting more than 13K miles out of the runflats and that is on the extreme high end.

ccronald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 18000+ miles on our '03. Three track days and three VOI's. Fronts are half worn and the rears are nearly to the wear bars. I bought near new rears for it on this site for half price to get the rest of the miles out of the fronts. Plan on the fronts lasting 2 sets of rears unless you are heavy on the burnouts.;)

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 22k on mine, the wear bars are showing on the back, front look okay.
I just bought this car, it is supercharged. I would think that the person that had it before me was scared to death of it. I know they are the originals because I have all of the history on the car.
The traction *****!! I will be buying new tires soon, and not run craps!!!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just because they are not bald does not mean they are safe. They could look like they have good traction but the reality is that they are not safe. They may be years old and lifeline is end for them. Better to change out the runcraps to something better. My next set will be the new kumos.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 22k on mine, the wear bars are showing on the back, front look okay.
I just bought this car, it is supercharged. I would think that the person that had it before me was scared to death of it. I know they are the originals because I have all of the history on the car.
The traction *****!! I will be buying new tires soon, and not run craps!!!

supercharged car with bald tires.................:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

the original owner must have taken his aftermarket wheels off and put on his factory bald ZP's with the stock rims to selll the car........

Get some tires!!!!!!!!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
You also want to check about mixing tire patterns if you are planning to only change the rears. Cars can be downright dangerous without properly matched tires.

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
supercharged car with bald tires.................:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

the original owner must have taken his aftermarket wheels off and put on his factory bald ZP's with the stock rims to selll the car........

Get some tires!!!!!!!!

It is winter time, I am not driving the car!!

New tires will be a must before Viper season.:2tu: