How much is a '99 GTS sliver blue strips ACR worth with 5K miles

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much is a \'99 GTS sliver blue strips ACR worth with 5K miles

I am curious because I am thinking of buying one. Also I have a '96 GTS. Which one do you guys think is better? Which color will be more sought after? My car has headers and all the basic bolt ons with 9K miles

Thanks, Kenric

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How much is a \'99 GTS sliver blue strips ACR worth with 5K miles

The silver with blue is one of my favorites! i like it more than the blue/white.
go for it!
Jim

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am a HUGE fan of the blue/white.

This past weekend at the OCC trip I saw my first (in person) silver/blue. AMAZING!

Pics of the car looked great, but that car in person is sweet...

To answer your question, I think the blue/white :2tu: will be more sought after as it's the classic shelby colors, and it was also the very first coupe color.

As far as looks, I gotta say they're tied.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would not take less than $62,000 for mine. If you look around you might find someone trying to give one away for 50,000.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sold at $37,100 ***.. what happened?
it must be messed up to end the auction and take so little...

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the response guys. So a good price would be 48 to 50. I would think they would be selling in the low 60's. It seems that the ACR cars do not sell for that much more than non ACR cars. Why is that?

Kenric
'96 GTS 452 wrhp 512rwt

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

sold at $37,100 ***.. what happened?
it must be messed up to end the auction and take so little...

SALVAGE TITLE

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is a salvage, but look at the description, car was not wrecked. This was a good deal for someone.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

EBAY auto sales are so bogus. I would bet a good 80%-90% are not actually even sold. These auctions are NOT binding. Anyone can post an ad, anyone can bid whatever, and no one has ANY liability, no matter what those bogus contracts say on the advertisement. About 6 months ago a case went to court, and it was determined that these auctions have no legal merit. Therefore, you can bid whatever you want on any item, not pay, and the only thing that can happen is negative feedback. Then you just create another user ID and pull the same sh*t. We are all car buffs here, right? How many people do you know that actually bought of sold a car STRICKLY through EBAY? I'm not saying there aren't any, but very few. Although, it does serve a purpose for exposing your car to people that may be interested, and they usually will email privately, etc...

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We are all car buffs here, right? How many people do you know that actually bought of sold a car STRICKLY through EBAY? I'm not saying there aren't any, but very few.

Actually, Ebay offers the best deals if you really do your research, the people here are usually desperate to sell.

In 2000 I bought a 1998 C5 Corvette on EBAY the car was in TX im in CA, i flew out inspecyed and drover her home 1700 miles.

In 2003 I sold the same corvette on EBAY to a guy in EUROPE. The car is in England now, he paid tax and shipping, (and waited a month for customs) He is currently trying to sell the car for double what he paid me.

Ebay is a great place to find deals. Period. But you MUST fly out and inspect the car, and have it gone over.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

KepRght,

I'm sure there are some people like you that had a great experience, no doubt. Although, for every one experience like yours, I bet 20 others traveled great distances, looked at the car, and realized WHY it was priced so low. Most of the stories I heard ended like the later.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Both colors are awesome, but I am partial to the blue/white. It would be real nice to own both of them. :D

phatmonky

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How many people do you know that actually bought of sold a car STRICKLY through EBAY? I'm not saying there aren't any, but very few.

Well I've sold 3 cars strictly through EBAY - I guess I'm the entire few ;)

iwantaviperbad

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Never sold a car through ebay. Sold numerous motorcycles and 4wheelers though. Have bought 2 vehicles through ebay, and have had no problems yet. Granted, I did buy em out of Dallas (2.5 hour drive), and was able to check em out first before I bought em.

I just don't think I could buy a car sight-unseen, except from Woodhouse, but only cuz of their impeccable reputation on the forum. ebay though? just couldn't do it. When I sell bikes and quads on ebay, not one single person has ever come to check out a bike first. they just showed up, money in hand, test rode it, then drove away. I'm a fairly honest person, so I always disclose everything upfront. I try to treat the ebay buyer just as I would want to be treated.

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Even with a salvage title I think for that price I would have bought it. To darn bad I didnt see that one on Ebay. :(

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Even with a salvage title I think for that price I would have bought it. To darn bad I didnt see that one on Ebay. :(

for 2 more thousand you can have the PRISTINE!!! custom painted viper of Janni Cone link:

http://vca1.viperclub.org/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=4661&query=retrieval

Why in the world would you want someone elses wreck problem for 40,000?

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a friend in Connecticut that sells 10-12 cars per month STRICTLY on ebay.

He has nothing but praise for the site...

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kenric,

I would go with the Silver/Blue. It is an extremely rare color combo., doesn't show dirt/swirls, and has a classy, but mean look. I've got one, and I highly recommend :2tu:

Many people (laymens) think my Viper is brand new (or did until the Gen III), whereas the Blue/White is known to be the first model year of the GTS. Just a small perk.

Although the Blue/White does/will have collectable status, since it was the first GTS, there were over 1000 produced in the Blue/White color combo. (If memory serves). The Silver/Blue only 43 GTS (21 in '98, 22 in '99), and a small number of ACR's.

Which one will be more collectable? Not sure. The supply is much greater with the Blue/White, but it carries a special place in many people heart (First year and Shelby Colors). The '99 Silver/Blue is very rare, is the last model year for forge pistons, and is gorgous. Either combo is awesome.

Go Silver/Blue, but I'm probably bias. :D

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've sold a few muscle cars through Ebay, and it's a pain in the ass. I much prefer to sell via other venues. I received 120 emails in 48 hours on an E Boby Mopar I sold recently. That was after having posted over 50 pictures and a very detailed description. All for a $7K car that needed a restoration.

I have too many complaints to get into in a short post, but Ebay ***** for selling cars. I'll probably do it again, but I'll have to block off a couple of days to answer emails and take phone calls from knuckleheads who want concours Hemi cars for the price of a rusty 62 slant six Valiant.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've sold a few muscle cars through Ebay, and it's a pain in the ass. I much prefer to sell via other venues. I received 120 emails in 48 hours on an E Boby Mopar I sold recently. That was after having posted over 50 pictures and a very detailed description. All for a $7K car that needed a restoration.

I have too many complaints to get into in a short post, but Ebay ***** for selling cars. I'll probably do it again, but I'll have to block off a couple of days to answer emails and take phone calls from knuckleheads who want concours Hemi cars for the price of a rusty 62 slant six Valiant.

i would agree that selling complex, half built project cars is more dificult on ebay because there are sooo many more people looking to steal something.

The secret I have learned with autos is to start bidding at the lowest price you would accept for the car in a real pinch, forget the reserve bullsh## it costs extra, and gets the tire kickers all exceited for a "steal"

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

for 2 more thousand you can have the PRISTINE!!! custom painted viper of Janni Cone link:

http://vca1.viperclub.org/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=4661&query=retrieval

Why in the world would you want someone elses wreck problem for 40,000?
Im sorry I just dont like the looks of that car.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He has nothing but praise for the site...

LOL
Oh yeah, it's a great site no doubt, it's just the lame a$$ deadbeat bidders and shiester lying deadbeat sellers that screw it all up!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why The ACR Option Is Not A Big Resale Option

The ACR option is not a big resale option because people simply just do not want to pay for it. It is sort of like adding aftermarket options, rearely do you get the money back for it. ACR options do give a little bit of an increase in price but not by much.