HRE valve stem - universal fit?

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears that my HRE 546R valve stem is leaking - anyone know if they are universal fit or HRE-specific? It is the 90 degree stem.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably the rubber seal. I had one leak as well. Talk to Tito at HRE PARTS, he'll get you what you need. I got them to send me some new parts at no charge. TPMS strap broke and air leaks at the valve stems, in under a year of ownership...I asked him to send the parts at no charge and he agreed to do it.

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. Since the stem is metal I guessed it is the rubber o-ring. What is a TPMS strap?

I've been talking to Vince at HRE and he wants $10 + shipping for the valve stem. I don't mind paying but it is the hassle of taking it somewhere to dismount, etc. and possibly having someone "f" it up.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yep these are the joys of owning special wheels and tires - the 345/25/20 is difficult for some shops to seat too....

TPMS = tire pressure monitor system

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think i have a few HRE 90 degree valve stems here. If you need one, let me know, i will send it to you for free.

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks YellowViperSRT10 - I sent you a private message with my address, etc. Now I just have to find a place to fix it but I have a few leads...I want to be able to drive again!

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPMS strap broke (as per ILLSMOQ above)? Is that part of the valve stem? Since I am not 100% sure it is the valve stem, should I get something else from HRE to be safe?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory valve stem is the tire pressure sensor.

When you get HRE's you need to strap the factory sensor to the barrel of the wheel in order to retain the systems functionality.....

Anyway the straps break. I had one break (the sensor bounced around inside the wheel) and another one cracked. This second time around I applied some RTV on each side of the sensor to help hold it in place.

As for you leak, I think you're on the right track with the valve stem.

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to take it off and submerge it in my wife's soaking tub to see if I can isolate the air leak before taking it in. Vince at HRE told me it could be the RTV seal for one of the wheel pieces but since they are only a year old I doubt/hope not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456