I know Nick posts here sometimes...

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****!

Hope everyone is OK. Doesn't sound real good though, seeing as how it closed both side of the highway.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i hope everyone is ok.

Looks like he was driving his Supra.

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- The son of professional wrestler Hulk Hogan was seriously injured in a car crash Sunday night, police said.

A Toyota Supra driven by Nick Bollea was traveling at a high rate of speed at approximately 7:30 p.m., Clearwater Police spokesman Wayne Shelor said. Bollea, which is Hogan's real name, lost control and hit a raised median. The car flipped around, and the back end hit a palm tree.
"The car was destroyed," Shelor said.
Bollea and an unidentified male passenger were extricated from the car by paramedics, Shelor said. Then they were airlifted to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg. Their official conditions were not immediately available, but Shelor described the injuries of both men as serious.
The crash occurred on SR 60, which is a main drag through downtown Clearwater. The road had to be shut down in both directions for several hours, Shelor said.
Alcohol is not believed to have played a part in the crash. The crash seems to have been caused by excessive speed, Shelor said.
Bollea appears on the reality TV show "Hogan Knows Best" with his father, mother and sister.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two Vipers, a Supra and I think there was a Lambo at one time. I'm sorry, but this guy is not a skilled driver and he is gonna kill somebody someday. Doesn't the Hulkster have enough money to send his kid to a perfomance driver's school?

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Two Vipers, a Supra and I think there was a Lambo at one time. I'm sorry, but this guy is not a skilled driver and he is gonna kill somebody someday. Doesn't the Hulkster have enough money to send his kid to a perfomance driver's school?

I don't think a driving school is going to help much.
Not anyone can get behing the wheel of a car and be the best.
It's just like anything in life, you have to be born with it.
Hopefully Nick turns out OK, but I would strongly suggest a different career, and not trying to drive like Andretti on the city streets.

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATED??

Two helicopters were used to transport Nick Hogan and a companion to a local Clearwater hospital after a wreck earlier tonight. The companion is said to be in critical condition and one local news report said he is battling for his life. Nick Hogan, who was driving the car, is not believed to have been as seriously injured and is being treated for a suspected broken arm and facial injuries.

The car was described as being "destroyed" after striking a palm tree in downtown Clearwater. Police had to use the "jaws of life" to remove Hogan and his passenger from the car.

Hulk Hogan was at the scene of the accident shortly after it happened and is believed to be at the hospital at this time.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Nick Hogan and the entire Hogan family as well as with the family of the other passenger who was in the car at the time of the accident.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He's a kid, and he'll do stupid things... as we've all done. He just gets to do it in expensive cars. I saw an episode of his dad's show when he only had a driving permit. He was already doing dumb things with cars and not giving a **** the danger he was putting other people through on the street.

I'm not sure if it's a question of driving skill, but of judgement. He's been instructed by knowledgeable people during his drifting tryouts. He just doesn't have the maturity to make good choices.

That said, the Hogans have my prayers, and I hope Nick recovers quickly. He's always been nice and respectable here, and if he learns the right lessons from this, he can do great things.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's a question of driving skill, but of judgement.

The two are closely related.

Regardless, what is he 17? I was a crappy driver at 17 too. Thankfully I survived by driving a 1960 Chevy six ******. Thanks Dad.

I would have killed myself in a Viper.

Get well soon Nick and friend.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed (and one of the links shown above did as well) that Nick has already been released from the hospital. No recent word on the passenger, 22-year-old John Graziano.

Both Hogans are valued VCA members that bring a lot to various Florida events. Having spent some time with Nick personally, he is a GREAT kid that got caught up in some bad judgment. Hopefully he will learn from this, as so many of us have in our own youth (and as several of us continue those lessons well into old age).

Our thoughts and prayers are with John and his family, as well as the Hogans.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confirmed (and one of the links shown above did as well) that Nick has already been released from the hospital. No recent word on the passenger, 22-year-old John Graziano.

Both Hogans are valued VCA members that bring a lot to various Florida events. Having spent some time with Nick personally, he is a GREAT kid that got caught up in some bad judgment. Hopefully he will learn from this, as so many of us have in our own youth (and as several of us continue those lessons well into old age).

Our thoughts and prayers are with John and his family, as well as the Hogans.

I agree..it is easy to pick at those who are in the public eye. If most of us were under the microscope we wouldn't fair as well either. I know I make stupid mistakes myself...I got kick out of a parking lot this weekend for doing a donut. I just couldn't help myself. I enjoyed it none-the-less. Nick, we hope your family and your friends are OK...

pakisho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, I would imagine Nicks got a "Hulk SMASH" coming his way from daddy-o.

Hulk Hogan rocks. Apart from indulging Nick in superhighpowered sports cars, he's always struck me as a solid, grounded guy and an attentive parent, from what Ive seen of his show. Hope everyones okay.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw Nick Hogan wreck his yellow Viper on tv in some kind of race, simply miscalculated a turn and banged up the back right corner. That was about 2 weeks ago.

I hope he recovers fully and keeps driving Vipers, but safer.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know the facts other than what's being published, but if this can be chalked up as "bad judgment", when does an act that SERIOUSLY endangers the life of another person get listed as "recklessly irresponsible"...perhaps even "homicidal"?

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, after seeing those pics, it's hard to believe anyone could have survived. Both Nick and his friend are very lucky, although it sounds like Nick more so at the moment. Best wishes to both and their families.

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, I would imagine Nicks got a "Hulk SMASH" coming his way from daddy-o.

Hulk Hogan rocks. Apart from indulging Nick in superhighpowered sports cars, he's always struck me as a solid, grounded guy and an attentive parent, from what Ive seen of his show. Hope everyones okay.

Totally Agree