I WANT ONE OF THESE!! Now how about you? (pics)

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want one and I didn't even get my car yet.....post pics from the top view

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would buy it. It looks very much like the metalcrafters top that was to come out- but never did. Did someone finally take my suggestion and make the freakin thing?

Most likely, the top will need a new trunklid to accompany it, we will have to see...

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the shape just the way it is. No fake scoop to ruin the lines. I'm assuming this will be a complete top / window / trunk lid unit that will be a complete lift hatch like the new coupe. I do like this look better than the new coupe ( from what I've seen of the coupe photos ) Now if the could make one in carbon fiber to keep the weight down and offer roll over protection then you would really have something.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that Chris didnt do a good job (which he did :cool: ), but heres what I think everyone is saying where they would like the glass to end? BTW, I lowered it a little (we all know Vipers look better lowered :) ).

5580ht_4.jpg

Chris did a crappy job, while you captured the design perfectly. Oh, and I will be posting some more information on this roof a little later. Keep those opinions rolling!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that Chris didnt do a good job (which he did :cool: ), but heres what I think everyone is saying where they would like the glass to end? BTW, I lowered it a little (we all know Vipers look better lowered :) ).

5580ht_4.jpg

Chris did a crappy job, while you captured the design perfectly. Oh, and I will be posting some more information on this roof a little later. Keep those opinions rolling!

LOL!! Chris, you said it, NOT ME!! :laugh:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE!!! I've always been positive about the new coupe because......hey, we asked for another GTS, these guys listen, they really do and they gave us a coupe that looks like a GTS. This looks SOOOO much better, it really is GEN 3! Make mine black. No, wait, wait, Austin, do that thing in the Copperhead color!!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE!!! I've always been positive about the new coupe because......hey, we asked for another GTS, these guys listen, they really do and they gave us a coupe that looks like a GTS. This looks SOOOO much better, it really is GEN 3! Make mine black. No, wait, wait, Austin, do that thing in the Copperhead color!!

Ok, Lee, I tried. Honestly, the picture I had to work with wasnt all that great. It was VERY dark and I couldnt tell where the lines of the car were (for the most part I had to guess). BUT, I tried to get "Copper" for ya. Sorry that it *****, but you get the idea. :)

55805580ht_41.jpg

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, don't start asking about price, how it mounts, or any of that stuff. No details just yet (secret hush, hush stuff). The first step is to see if it is a valid product for the SRT marketplace.
Okay, Chris. We've accomplished the first step, this is "a valid product for the SRT marketplace." Now that that's outta the way, can we move on to the other questions with less obvious answers, like who is making it, when is it going to be available, what is it made of, how does it mount, and how much does it cost? Are we sufficiently communicating our interest here??? Chris! You can’t leave out in the cold like this. We know where you live for heaven’s sake (Kansas can’t be that big, can it). We need information!!! :D

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Looks good. If it will increase headroom - for helmets - it will do well.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
austin, can you photo it in the red ? wow that does look good :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just trying to figure out the window shape ... how is it going to work?

Color-coordinated throw pillows. Viper emblem optional. :2tu:

Seriously, I will have more information for you shortly. The manufacturer has been watching this thread with interest and is burning the midnight oil (and the calculator) to make this work on every level.

I am thinking yellow with a black fade stripe on the roof - so pimpin'! :D

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you get into the trunk?? What about the side windows, the stock windows are a designers nightmare however from a cost perspective they must be used in order to use the soft top. If you shape this top to the stock window shape it will drastically change the lines as in Our (Vipermania) and Autoforms tops, unfortunately changing out windows is not a realistic option in my mind... It is VERY nice looking and if it can be built without drastically changing the car my "hat goes off to them"....Congrats!!

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The drivers window is rolled up and you can see the back edge of the glass. Wondering if someone could photoshop/fill the triangular gap with body color?
Thanks

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I love it, and I'll take one!

Oh, wait, I've got a GTS....nevermind....

That is the best looking SRT ever, with that top on it. It really flows well with the lines of the car, and even accentuates the lines. Take any SRT, plus that top, makes something more than the sum of the two. Much more....I'd rather buy an SRT with this top than the new coupe, which has an awkward rear end, imo. This top resolves the SRT-to-coupe issue just fine, with a fine looking rear end!

I think the rear glass line is kinda truncated, like maybe it should feather back towards the rear of the car more. But I don't care, it looks great either way. It has good taste, its sublte, yet its agressive. Very ****, very "Viper".

Someone has an eye for style and design!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I have a little bit more information for you and boy, is it something! Where to start, where to start...

1. What's it made of? There will be two choices: A carbon/Kevlar kit and a fiberglass kit.

2. What's the rear window made of? It will be offered in full automotive safety glass or a race/street plexiglass.

3. Is the rear window about where Austin's picture shows it? Not quite. It will probably be a little further towards the back. But won't that cover the trunk? Hang on to your socks kiddies:

4. This will be offered as a FULL KIT, including a new trunk lid! The rear glass will open similar to the GTS, allowing full access to the trunk area. Now THAT is pretty slick! Oh yeah, and lest you worry about how intensive the process is, I am assured that you can convert your SRT into a coupe - and back - in surprisingly little time.

5. Like most (if not all) SRT aftermarket roofs, there is no "built in" rollover protection. Certainly the carbon/Kevlar will be strong, but a roll bar is still a good idea. Note that Viper Days allow the SRT's to run with an aftermarket roof. The manufacturer is confident that it will be as strong as any on the market today.

WHEW! Now the one question I neglected to ask but will most certainly get an answer to is the side windows. No idea on the price yet, but I am sure it will be announced shortly, along with all of the official product specs. Any other suggestions?

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just have them send a Carbon Fiber top to Heffner. There is a black Viper there that needs this top. :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21