I WANT ONE OF THESE!! Now how about you? (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little birdy sent me these of a prototype that they are working on for our SRT-10 convertibles. Hmmmm, I wonder what it could be?

You must be registered for see images

Give up? Let's see if this doesn't help just a bit (oh my!)

And here you go, in all of it's glory (sans rear glass):

Now I don't know about you guys, but I have shown this to a few other Viper owners of every generation (I, II, & III) and it was a jaw-dropping experience for all. There are certainly some very nice removable hard tops out there, but none seemed to catch the true essence of the Viper - until now. To me, I almost like it better than the Coupe, as the back end seems to flow with the rest of the car (and yes, the car itself - brand new - sits a little high in wheelwells and could benefit from lowering).

Oh, don't start asking about price, how it mounts, or any of that stuff. No details just yet (secret hush, hush stuff). The first step is to see if it is a valid product for the SRT marketplace. As far as I am concerned, ABSOLUTELY!!! What do you think?

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks reeeeally freakin' good!!! I think the shape of the window frame makes it look better. They obviously can't leave it like that. :smirk:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that some sort of intake or outlet on the back? It looks like an exhaust tip. (or is it my imagination)

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I am not that good at Photoshop, nor do I know exactly how the glass would look. As such, I am using Austin's incredible work instead:

5580ht_4.jpg

Thanks Austin!!

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as it is relatively easy to switch between being a convertible and being a "hard top", I'm all for it.

Question: Would this top remove the need to install an actual roll bar in the car...would this top be sturdy enough to "take a tumble".

If so, I'm in.

-J

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! Stunning, if they build it I will buy one. to my eyes I prefer the looks to the coupe. however, personally I do not like the glass protruding too far past the buttresses ie towards the spoiler.

eagles
'03srt
'96gts
70 hemichallenger rtse

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Awesome!

So, I'm assuming that there will be a bit of clear plexi, that will match up to the actually shape of the current window?

VENOMUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My two cents are as follows:
* This looks damn good and would purchase one if not too pricey.
* Don’t like the glass sticking out past the lines in the rear.
* Don’t see this replacing the need for a roll bar. I am sure it will be fiberglass and during a roll over, it’s just going to splinter and break up. Might be worse in a roll over but would be interested in what others think.
* Put a front scoop on it, even though they are not functional, they look great.
* If the side windows need to be changed, the new windows won’t work with the soft top so I don't see changing the original windows.
* Will the trunk lid need to be changed or modified, if so, this could be an expensive mod!!! Hell, what serious mods are not expensive.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
need to see better pics before i can say yea or nea. so far leaning towards
yea. price will be a huge factor as well, i dont play the viper tax game to
well.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks great! You're right, Chris, it really suits the car. I am very interested! When does the group buy begin?

I would prefer that it was made of some material that would afford some rollover protection, NOT in lieu of a real roll bar, mind you, but something that wouldn't just shatter or come loose upon rollover (which may be more dangerous than no top at all). Aluminum would work fine, I suspect, even if it was only an inner aluminum shell under a fiberglass outer shell, so long as it was affixed to the rest of the car and wouldn't come loose in a rollover. Having a sheet of aluminum (or carbon fiber) between me and ground is ultimately what I want for track use.

Like Venomus, I would also prefer that the glass not extend beyond the lines in the rear of the top, but that is really of secondary concern to me.

Provide some degree of rollover protection, and I will buy one! It looks awesome! It's about time!

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The fit at the winshield frame looks good. Just concerned about how involved it would be fitting at the trunk area. (mods required?) I really liked the Metal Crafters top, but if this one fits nice and is easy to install I think it would be great.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that Chris didnt do a good job (which he did :cool: ), but heres what I think everyone is saying where they would like the glass to end? BTW, I lowered it a litte (we all know Vipers look better lowered :) ).

5580ht_4.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21