IF YOUR BUYING A COUPE GOOD IDEA TO WAIT

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my first Viper in 2005. My black SRT-10 is now getting a Paxton and a lot of other neat stuff. Could have bought the Viper back when. I didn't because they were pieces of sh%t kit cars. Also had to have a convertible, not a targa or poupe, sorry, I mean coupe.

Your Gen I/II cars are UGLY. They are old and UGLY. They are starting to fall apart, rot, leak, quit, die, puke, overheat, sieze, smell and do what all old cars do. Plus they are UGLY. The guys that stepped up to the SRT-10 knew a good thing when they saw it; however they didn't start championing the SRT because of peer pressure by UGLY only Viper owners. But they did what made them feel right and are enjoying a beautiful, fast, bad a$$ ride. Yes, they still may have their UGLY ones, but that's ok. They're not going around running their mouths off and putting down the SRT and it's owners by attempting to drive prices down and being insulting to those who chose a different path.

Now it's SRT's turn to be insulting. I know the better person just turns the other cheek (Gen I/II owners that I am referring to can kiss mine); It's time for the not so better of us to have some fun at the UGLY Viper owner's expense.

So all you Gen I/II owners that keep running your mouth and knocking our cars, don't ever buy an SRT. Your rides are UGLY, and you guys are really fKKKKd up. Possibly can't even afford a new one? That might be it. Can't afford the new, improved model so I had to settle for the UGLY one. When my SRT gets old and tired, at least it will be prettier than your UGLY Gen I/II, and I will have gone on to the next generation long before that. By then surely you can afford to buy mine.

Oh,yeah. Just my .02.

That's a great way to make new friends here. :rolleyes:

Monkey see... monkey do worse. :D

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never understood these Gen III haters, with their jurassic cars, calling the GEN III ugly. I suppose if I bought a sapphire care with cognac interior, I would need to run and post quickly. There is a reason that that color combo was limited in production.

Of course, I only vomit a few times a decade due to a major illness as well.

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am dismayed at how many of the threads here end in name calling and inter-generational bickering.

I wonder how many of us appreciate just how lucky we are to have ANY generation Viper, or Vette, or other high end performance vehicle.

It just seems soooooooo ridiculous for people lucky enough to be able to own Vettes, Vipers, Porsches, and the like, to spend ANY time picking on anyone else, much less bickering between different model years of the same vehicle.

I've owned Vettes, and a 96 and now an 03 Viper, and I thank my lucky stars to have gotten to the point in life where I can afford to buy these vehicles.

Maybe we could all take a moment to think about how happy the OTHER person is to have a vehicle they love.

SRTdownunder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy summary. F355 thinks SRT-10 is an ugly car, but he would buy one if it were cheaper.

I think the SRT-10 is the finest and most beautiful convertible ever produced in America.

Everyone thinks their own kids are the cutest. But only the most obnoxious parent would tell another parent that their kid was ugly. Just poor taste and manners.

No accounting for taste.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats why I don't say anything much about it anymore, because for one, no SRT owner gives a god damm what anyone else thinks, and what purpose would it serve to say anything negative? Its like a drive-by posting. Ratta-tat-tat, spill some blood then drive away. Better to keep silent about what you don't like, and just let other people enjoy their lives.

--------------------
2001 GTS, Sapphire/stripes. 1 of 86.
"I caught you a delicious bass"-Napolean Dynamite
John 3:16

"no SRT owner gives a god damm what anyone else thinks"

John 3:16 in Signature

Slight oxymoron don't you think?

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a great way to make new friends here.

Monkey see... monkey do worse.

Warfang: I've given up trying to make friends here, see my other posts, not that many. I admit I still troll here because there is some great technical information that can be discovered by some pretty bright and creative owners. I obviously didn't quit VCA. Learned a lot about the e-forums now. I stay away from the Gen I/II board because the passion some of them claim they have seems to be the ability to be unaware of the feelings of others and viciously denigrate and inflame. We can over look this by rationalizing that they are "young, dumb and full of cmm". But why, it's the way of the world now. Realizing this is a public forum, IMHO it would be much better if the Gen I/II owners that come over here to opine would act more like a guest in ones home and be respectful, guideful and helpful. I have a suspicion if I was to post on their forum some of my thoughts, it may cause a wee bit of a stir. There is much to be learned from them too if they didn't have the quick need to be destructive. They should follow your lead.

I stand by what I wrote, I am going to have some fun at their expense when I'm in the mood.

As far as...monkey see, monkey do worse... Good for you, I can live with that. As I said, I've given up trying to be a good buddy here. I can also take what I dish out. If I am out of line, call me on it. Again, good for you.

I do plan on having lots of fun with the GenI/II owners that seem too stupid when they are on this forum and I have the time to be uncreative.

I'll never forget what "redcarrot guy" did to a fellow recently when the fellow had concern regarding a vendor and had the whole string pulled after much damage was done by his ranting. The rant itself was criminal. Why he wasn't banned is unforgiveable. Must **** the right richards.

And who can forget all the positive, humble and insightful comments "acr guy" makes on this forum...because he bought his dad one. Admittedly, he is a great son; but sometimes I wonder what his dad really thinks when he reads his son's posts.

Yeah, and maybe I'm looking for some fun too!

Anyway, I'll be trolling around as usual. Hey, maybe I'll be banned eventually! Apparently, this is the new world and thin skins don't belong in e-space. Too bad.

Thank you for your comment. You are absolutely correct.

I love my SRT-10. It's a fantastic automobile. It will be one of my keepers...(it will get "old" in my stable). Actually, all generations of the Viper are fantastic. Just don't let the other's know I said that. :2tu: :2tu:

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw my first Gen 3 coupe yesterday afternoon. In blue and white, it has very strong similarities to my GTS. The front and rear of the car are really, really nice. I still have a fundamental dislike for how they tied the front and back together with slabby, harsh-edged sides.

This is the first time the initial delivery of the newest Viper available at my local dealership didn't have my name on the window sticker. It's sort of sad, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Enjoy your new Coupes, folks!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 3 Vs Gen 2???? WHY????

maybe im alone here but I LOVE every single year/make/model/design/color and edition Viper out there.

BUT thats MY opinion you can't knock anyone for theirs if F355 does not like the new SRT coupe (BTW there are a quite a few others they dont as well) thats his choice and he is entitled to his own opinion and ******** and "name calling" is not gonna make him like he car.

The point is some of the gen 3 guys dont like gen 2's, some of the gen 2 guys dont like the gen 3 SO WHAT its their opinion.

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 3 Vs Gen 2???? WHY????

The point is some of the gen 3 guys dont like gen 2's, some of the gen 2 guys dont like the gen 3 SO WHAT its their opinion.

I can understand critical commentary on my SRT-10 or the new Coupe to the extent that posters would like more horsepower to combat the now superior Z06, or design cues that people hope DC will change in newer generations.

I don't understand bashing GEN I 1.5 or IIs since they have already been redesigned and replaced, and there is nothing positive to be gained.

My 96 RT-10 was more of a head turner than my 03 SRT-10, and the coupe isn't for me, as I have always required a removable top in my sport cars for the last 40 years. I've come here many times to find out how removing catalytic converters affects cockpit heat, if K&Ns make a difference, what is the best final gear ratio for my kind of driving, and so on. My 03 was one of the cars that its prior owner had re-done under the warranty recall on the exhaust valves, and was smart enough to have them do a bit more work on tolerances, and polishing which along with the changeover to two Vette hi-flow cats, and the K&N filters, kept the car basically quiet, cooler, and a bit more powerful (as though I would ever need it)

I do think that my 96, with the rear exiting exhausts, was a better idea, than my 03s side exit pipes, which send heat straight up the door into the cockpit when stopped in traffic or at lights. Also, the sound was better without the need for the cross-over pipes, which would be good to get rid of, as well.

Seems to me that if our criticisms are constructive, we can collectively create design fixes, or performance improvements to our basically stock cars, or consider Paxtons and the like, or final gear ratio changes against first gear 0-60 mile runs, and end up with a more personalized vehicle.

We might be able to affect future design, as DC seems to listen to Viper owners to a point.

The balance of these comments just make me want to pass on the forums altogether, which I'm afraid many, many knowledgeable car enthusiasts, especially ones in their 50s like I am, are already doing in order to avoid ego wars which seem better left to persons with something to prove.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said LW Viper and Chris, I have had vipers since 1994 and have appreciated and enjoyed every one. I have 44,000 miles on my SRT10 and it is great to put the top down and drive up 101 from Cambria to Seattle. I spend time on this website looking for informaion, improve my driving experience, car care and I am sure DC/SRT looks at this website for input for future vipers.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
F355, I noticed most of your rude posts are made in the middle of the night.............Do you have drug problem F355 ? :eek: :)

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know it's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some people in this forum are actually starting to make some sense and show basic intelligence and decency, it's great to see. I hope it will continue because I agree with the last few posts, if this nonsense doesn't stop, who really wants to read these childish turf wars and name calling. Let's get back to good information and good comradarie among Viper owners.
They are truly all great cars. I've wanted one since 1993 when I first saw one and am now fortunate enough to own a fantastic SRT 10. You should all be thankful to own a VIPER, so keep that in mind the next time you decide to resort to name calling and ridiculous statements with ****** overtones..

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to drive my 58,530 mile, 1995 yellow Viper, until it falls apart...

If that is OK with everyone? :D

416IMG_0747-med.JPG

416IMG_0738.JPG

416IMG_0759-med.JPG

How many 10 year old Vettes get this kind of attention? :cool:

416Filming-med.JPG

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks they will have a significant change in '07 or '08 is on drugs.

how long do you think the process is to certify new engines and test them etc etc...? Anything new for '08 will be leaked in Q1 of 06. right around the corner. Since we have really heard no detailed leaks i would bet that there is nothing happening.

You don't just come up with a new design and have it in production in 9 months guys, and shipping in fall of '06.

Why did the SRT guys turn this thread into a crying session yet again?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks they will have a significant change in '07 or '08 is on drugs.

.... Anything new for '08 will be leaked in Q1 of 06. right around the corner. Since we have really heard no detailed leaks i would bet that there is nothing happening.

You don't just come up with a new design and have it in production in 9 months guys, and shipping in fall of '06.

Wrong on every single count. :rolleyes: Indeed, let's see if you will put your money where your mouth is: I will bet you a c-note that said changes will be announced within the year and that '08 will indeed be a VERY different snake either under the skin or a new one all together. Step up to the plate.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll never forget what "redcarrot guy" did to a fellow recently when the fellow had concern regarding a vendor and had the whole string pulled after much damage was done by his ranting. The rant itself was criminal. Why he wasn't banned is unforgiveable. Must **** the right richards.

Dear *******,

Please fill me in here! I'd love to know what you're talking about before I commence to eslappingtheeverlivingshitoutofyou. Mmmmk, fella?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F355, I noticed most of your rude posts are made in the middle of the night.............Do you have drug problem F355 ? :eek: :)

Yea you hit the nail on the head. I downtalk the SRT Coupe because of my crack addiction. Hopefully they will now go down from all that I said. :2tu:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[
Yes I never said the car is not more refined and a better drive but the car looks horrible compared to GEN I's and II's. Get over yourself. If you do not like what you read then just do not read!

[/QUOTE]

F355, obviously you are entitled to your opinion but you stated something logically incorrect. How can one avoid reading what he doesn't like without reading first to see if he likes it or not?! Aside from that, one should read things that he won't like in order to have a balanced viewpoint (keep an open mind). Some of you other posters besides F355 should keep this in mind. Take it easy on F355; the SRT10 may grow on him yet! :D

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, got your attention there did I carrot guy?

Please fill me in here! I'd love to know what you're talking about before I commence to eslappingtheeverlivingshitoutofyou. Mmmmk, fella?

Oh wow, is this eslappingtheeverlivingshitoutofyou where you tell me to die in a UPS truck fire? Don't forget to let me know how much longer you have been posting and how many more posts you have than I. Possibly even make fun of my name or something you researched about me on this forum. A racial slur, no my name isn't Japanese sounding like the other guy. Should be interesting this eslappingtheeverlivingshitoutofyou. Might even show everyone your true nature.

Well it is Saturday night again and by now you should have a pretty good buzz on so eslappingtheeverlivingshitoutofyou away.

Sincerely,

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I guess I was wrong, some of you intellectuals just refuse to grow up. You're apparently intent on ruining this forum. I'm glad I spent the last two hours accomplishing something. ( Zymoled my Viper, Looks Great.)

Best wax in the world . The $60.00 a jar stuff, not the Pep Boy stuff !

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

Sincerely,

You just said all that needed to be said about you. Thanks for playing!

That's it? Come on man, I gave you that on purpose! :smirk:

What about the eslappingtheeverlivingshitoutofyou? Ok, I'm ready now, here we go...............
:2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, got your attention there did I carrot guy?

Oh wow, is this eslappingtheeverlivingshitoutofyou where you tell me to die in a UPS truck fire? Don't forget to let me know how much longer you have been posting and how many more posts you have than I. Possibly even make fun of my name or something you researched about me on this forum. A racial slur, no my name isn't Japanese sounding like the other guy. Should be interesting this eslappingtheeverlivingshitoutofyou. Might even show everyone your true nature.

Well it is Saturday night again and by now you should have a pretty good buzz on so eslappingtheeverlivingshitoutofyou away.

Sincerely,

AND all this has WHAT to do with the new 07 coupe or SRT bashing????????

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This topic started with no intention for bashing any car, but quickly turned into one Viper against another, it's a damn shame!

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This topic started with no intention for bashing any car, but quickly turned into one Viper against another, it's a damn shame!

i agree. i just went to a car show. saw a rt-10, two gtss, and a srt-10. there all great looking cars, the all perform amazing. i dont know why everyone is hating each other. whats up with the beef? :confused:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

.... Anything new for '08 will be leaked in Q1 of 06. right around the corner. Since we have really heard no detailed leaks i would bet that there is nothing happening.

Wrong on every single count. :rolleyes: Indeed, let's see if you will put your money where your mouth is: I will bet you a c-note that said changes will be announced within the year and that '08 will indeed be a VERY different snake either under the skin or a new one all together. Step up to the plate.

ok tough guy. If i am wrong on every count then we will see a big change for '07. A c-note it is. Will you put your money where your mouth is, or are you just another chicken [******].

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about you step up to the plate mr. VCA president and stop hiding behind the winks and nods. You tell us how long it takes to certify a new car. Is it less than 18 months? Do you as a VCA president know something, or are you spewing BS? How about you put your money where your mouth is numb nuts? Now how about you detail "said changes". Don't be vague since your are a VCA presidnet and are in the know. If you are lying, or are wrong, you should step down and remit any payments you have recieived from the the VCA (ie ME).

I think you are just another blow hard pusssy.

:headbang: :headbang:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about you step up to the plate mr. VCA president and stop hiding behind the winks and nods. You tell us how long it takes to certify a new car. Is it less than 18 months? Do you as a VCA president know something, or are you spewing BS? How about you put your money where your mouth is numb nuts? Now how about you detail "said changes". Don't be vague since your are a VCA presidnet and are in the know. If you are lying, or are wrong, you should step down and remit any payments you have recieived from the the VCA (ie ME).

I think you are just another blow hard pusssy.

:headbang: :headbang:

Yikes! Let's keep this civil, shall we? There's a difference between an opiniated disagreement and a bar room brawl. A quick-witted jab is not the same as a foul-mouthed insult. :mad:

Vipah, I share your frustration, but talking like ghetto trash does not add any points to your side of the argument. The VCA "leadership," if you can call it that, needs to police themselves a whole lot better. If you have inside info, please respect your NDAs or your inside source by not playing the "I know more than you, neener neener," game. It is an utter abuse of the power the VCA members GAVE you. You are hurting the Viper by simply blabbing your mouth about any of this. Group unity is a sign of good leadership. I see none of that here. Just look at all the divisions on this forum... it is a sign of poor leadership at ALL levels of the VCA. The other region presidents should have better sense to tell the blabbing leaders to shut up.

Isn't there a list of responsibilities and conduct expected of an elected official in the club? If there isn't there SHOULD BE. Make sure one of the conducts expected is that an officer is NOT allowed to make comments on future products as someone that is "in the know," especially in a public venue (like this forum). Try: "No Comment," or "As a VCA officer, I do not comment on future DC products or announcements." I'd guarantee you'd get a lot more respect that "I know something you dont". *wink, wink*

Character is not defined when things are cush and you're at the top of the hill (like the Viper has been for 13 years), but when all appears lost and dark. Show us the light at the end of the tunnel, not dangle the flashlight above us while you snicker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude