IF YOUR BUYING A COUPE GOOD IDEA TO WAIT

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMHO - if your thinking of buying a coupe, winter will be upon us soon, it would benefit
you to wait. dodge will be uping HP and posibbly new body design for 2007 and were only two
months away from detroit auto show. i think by waiting you will be able to purchase a 2006
coupe below invoice. you might even be lucky enough to find a b/w out there that was not
purchased. the only coupe i feel that will hold any value will be the b/w, i dont know why
but lot's of these guys just love the b/w.

sit back and wait you'll be glad you did. :2tu:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC has stopped production of the Viper because the car has stopped selling, and they're just sitting there waiting to be shipped to a dealer. The bean counters will start to wonder "Why are we still building this car?" It's up to you, but if you want a Viper and have the funds, get one.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC has stopped production of the Viper because the car has stopped selling, and they're just sitting there waiting to be shipped to a dealer. The bean counters will start to wonder "Why are we still building this car?" It's up to you, but if you want a Viper and have the funds, get one.

If this is true its b/c DC flooded the market w/the SRT-10

Snakecharmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my B/W SRTC for invoice and am having a great time driving it. I even saved a few more grand using my Dodge Rewards Visa. This is the color combination I wanted and it won't be available next year. Even if the car has an extra 50-75 HP in the near future I would rather drive the car I want now and worry about whats new then. Cars(technology) are supposed to get better every year. Is the Viper perfect? No. Can it be improved? Of course. This is by far the best Viper yet and I expect it to get better in the future. If a greatly improved Viper is available in 08 I'll see about buying one then. The body is not going to change for 07. When is the last time you saw a manufacturer introduce a new car one year and change it the next?

Reaction score
Keep on waiting and hoping?

Vipers are outstanding Sports cars to be driven and enjoyed. The performance of the coupe is fantastic, build quality and reliability great so why wait?

Winter is coming so what? Many areas of the country enjoy good driving weather year around. If you are in snow country then waiting may seem like a logical solution. I do not consider buying cars as a logical. It is an emotion to be satisfied. So if in Alaska and you feel the need for a outstanding Sports Car pull out the green and enjoy life.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 92 if you wanted a viper you paid a big premium. If you waited you could have saved some big $$. (But then you would not have been able to drive the baddest ass car on the planet.
In 93 you could have waited until the car was available in a color other than red.
In 94 you could have waited till a yellow was available.
In 95 you could have waited till the new exhaust system and an extra 15 hp with next generation suspension.
In 96 you could have waited till the fantastic GT2 was to be released with wing, graphics and better suspension.
In 97 you could have waited till the ACR addition was released.
In 98 you could have waited till the smoother running "cream puff" was available.
In 99 you could have waited till the ABS enhanced breaking system was produced.
In 2000 rumors about the next generation was circulating.
In 2001 you could have waited till the Final Editions were produced.
In 2003 you could have waited till the "bugs" were worked out of the first 3rd generation.
In 2004 you could have waited for the Coupe.
In 2005 you could wait til the prices drop on used 2004's.

Many of us in the ViperNation have stepped up to the plate and purchased fantastic lifestyle changing Vipers. In no way will waiting make your life better. (although a not so new Viper will most always be cheaper than the best and brightest.)

While waiting may save you some money, the experienced missed may cost you dearly. (Buy the Viper)

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wait? Why pass up the amazing opportunity to own a Viper from any year, at any cost? It's a Viper for Christ's sake, would you rather be driving, a bow tie Z car? If I only had enough money to buy a salvaged or rebuilt car, I'd take it, because it's a Viper. It's something you buy and drive for fun, to be unique, to be noticed, and to know that you can beat the pants off of almost everything on the street, so why wait? Just to get a day older and maybe find something more "important" to spend your money on later? Life's too short, buy now, drive now, think later!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BAD IDEA.

1. If any of these rumors prove true, the Coupe could end up being one of the shortest runs of ANY car every made, save the Tucker. Short runs = bigger money in the long run.

2. If any of these rumors prove true what will that do to the price? I'll bet more than a few people wish they would have bought a 2002 new at the prices available then.

3. If any of these rumors prove true who is to say that the new Viper will look good? The SRT Coupe could be the hottest thing on the planet when they release a 600 HP Aztec. ;)

4. If any of the fears prove true and the Viper is discontinued, how badly will you be kicking yourself that you held off buying one new when you had the chance?

The bottom line is that NOBODY knows exactly what will be happening with the Viper outside of a handful of DC execs in Detroit. What we do know is that the new SRT Coupe looks pretty damn sharp and is obviously the latest and greatest Viper technology made. No debating that.

Yep, think of all those guys back in the 60's and early 70's that waited for the next best thing. They got the Mustang II, 175 HP Corvette, K-Car, and all kinds of great stuff. And they are telling their children and grandchildren how they could have bought a Hemi Cuda or a COPO Camaro brand-spanking-new for under sticker and decided to wait. Oops.

These are the muscle car days you will be telling your grandchildren about. Be sure to take advantage of them while you can...

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT-10 line was a failure but the coupe takes the cake. It is UGLY!. Simply put the consumers talked. If a car is able to be purchased new under invoice, there is a serious problem. I love the Viper but the SRT-10's have nothing on what the GEN I's & II's were. I keep hearing, oh that looks like an S2000 or wow those dropped like a rock when referring to SRT's. Will I buy a SRT-10 CONVERTIBLE? Maybe in the future. Would I pay near sticker? HELL NO! $50,000 for an SRT-10 seems MORE THAN fair!

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree...

I bought a

2-2003's
2003 CC
2006 (8th Viper and #8 of 200 1st edition BW)

Buy one today and another one next year!

Enjoy the real American Sportscar...

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets all listen to WANTED because hes the VCA's goober. :rolleyes: What the hell would he know? I bet hes "in-the-know". Im sure hes got some pretty bruised up shoulders and having multiple seizures from all of the nudging and winking hes been recieving. :rolleyes:

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets all listen to WANTED because hes the VCA's goober. :rolleyes: What the hell would he know? I bet hes "in-the-know". Im sure hes got some pretty bruised up shoulders and having multiple seizures from all of the nudging and winking hes been recieving. :rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
F355, OMG thanks for the tip about the SRT10 line! :eek:

I will immediately sell my 2003 SRT10 Red Viper and my SRT10 Red Ram QC. :2tu:

WRONG! :)

The SRT-10 Viper makes my GEN II's feel obsolete. I do love my GENII's but the SRT performance, form fit and function are much better than the earlier models which should be the case. Just as the GEN IV should make the GENIII SRT feel obsolete.

Think the SRT10 line looks like a rice pocket rocket? Try new glasses! :headbang:

viperjer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a ? or need an opinion from you guys.
I have owned four c5 corvettes 2 cp a z06 and a vert. I couldn't get the hang of the things. I found out why when I bought a 2001 GTS with 6k on it. I will never own another Vette as long as I can get my hands on a Viper.
They say the new Zo6 is faster then a new 06 GTS. They also make a Nissan that is faster then a Viper, but it is still a Nissan and Corvette is still a Vette or a Chevy.

I have a 2006 yelow and black GTS ordered from Eddie Martin at Bill Luke. I heard the 07 Viper would have a increase in HP. I would rather have an 07 if this is true because of the resale value and I don't think any one will be looking for a 500 HP Viper when they can buy one with a lot more HP.
What do you all think?

If any one is looking for a real nice all yellow 01 GTS with 23K on it please let me know.
Thank You Very Much
Jerry

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to say I love my SRT its the best Viper ever made and when you park next to a 93 RT/10 you can see the features re-created but bought subtly up to date.
On the road its so much quicker than the old cars, mainly due to its easier to drive and on the track, well enough said.
Mines been at a Chrysler Dealer all week for the launch of the 300C, every person stopped and said 'What a Great Looking Car'

Wanted's right the cars finished the public hate it...LOL

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah a freshen up.Somethign like fix that screwed up overalp of fenders on the rear.Looks like someone doesn't know how to design a car

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the new coupe is awesome how many drove the SRT10 ? i bet few did i own two GTS's and i will tell you the SRT10 is awesome stop looking at mags articles or internet pictures!!! i wasnt a fan of the design my self and the SRT10 in general but after driving one and going out with my cousin i must say its an improvement yes the design is not what we hopped for but even so in person it looks awesome but that a personal thing some may love it some may hates it which is fine but saying SRT10 is no Viper ?! thats is not true at all

and i think Dodge will offer factory upgrades to pump HP for all SRT10/SRTC ! this will make everyone happy including the SRTC FE and even SRT10's owners since they can install the factory upgrades ! but new engine !! new design ? in just one year ? i dont think so but its just my opinion :smirk: also upgrading your car is fun specially if its from factory(Mopar) :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the Viper but the SRT-10's have nothing on what the GEN I's & II's were.

"Nothing?" Maybe from a poser's standpoint. Performance-wise the GenII is a dog compared to the SRT10.

I agree the GenII is a 10 in the looks catagory, and anything less than a 10 is a disappointment, but the SRT (coupe) look good. SRT10 is so-so looking.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom...

Whats up with this???? there will be no body change or hp increase in 2007, no Vipers scheduled to be built either, due to retooling of CAAP for the FIREPOWER, from what I have hear..

I can not believe you are falling for this, I, mean you were there for all the winking and stuff about the hp increase for the coupe...what gives???

If weather permits Iam bringing my FE coupe to the Christmas party, when you see it in person I think you will agree that it is awesome, heck I will even let you drive it.....

BTW, most all FE coupes were spoken for before they were even built, WoodHouse Dodge had to turn away plenty of guys with deposits in hand, and even return deposits already recieved, so if there is one out there available, it wont be for long. my 02c

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember, F355's #1 goal is to come into the one forum where he posts NOTHING but negative comments so that he can undermine the market single-handedly. Why would he continue to troll the forum of a car he states he despises and that he claims everybody else does too? Because he thinks he can drive the prices down to where he can buy one cheap.

I mean, c'mon - his own words from this very thread: "Will I buy a SRT-10 CONVERTIBLE? Maybe in the future." Like I said, he is trying to drive down the prices by being an ass to everybody that owns an SRT-10 - Coupe or otherwise.

Please save your slamming for the Vette forum or somewhere else. A lot of us have had just about enough of your insulting fellow Viper owners over and over again. Try to show a little class and go troll a different forum, and preferably a different manufacturer all together.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also agree. I had never driven an SRT until I picked up my new coupe. It is a totally different car from the Gen I & II, almost like driving a different marque. Don't get me wrong, I love my '96 and '02 coupes but they somehow look and feel dated beside the new coupe. I'll keep them all as long as I can.

So, F355, go post on a forum where people care about what you have to say like the "more exotics to come" forum.

Bob K

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude