IF YOUR BUYING A COUPE GOOD IDEA TO WAIT

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't want to flame anybody, but what both "wanted" and "F355" said are common comments from many car owners, not just Viper owners.
It usually(not always) is based around their financial status. Most of us feel our time is more valuable then money, since we never know what tomorrow brings. This feeling makes us want to enjoy what we can "now" and not "later".
I could have easily saved $2K on 06 blue Vert if I wanted, but Bill P. had it and I paid what I felt comfortable with, instead of waiting. What is saving a couple thousand dollars today (this assumes that all other priorities are already taken care of, if not you probably shouldn't be buying such cars), if you never make it home from work.

As a physician I've heard more times than I can count "if I only had more time, one more day".

This car out performs both my previous Ferrari's (01 360 and 97 F355).

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember, F355's #1 goal is to come into the one forum where he posts NOTHING but negative comments so that he can undermine the market single-handedly. Why would he continue to troll the forum of a car he states he despises and that he claims everybody else does too? Because he thinks he can drive the prices down to where he can buy one cheap.

I mean, c'mon - his own words from this very thread: "Will I buy a SRT-10 CONVERTIBLE? Maybe in the future." Like I said, he is trying to drive down the prices by being an ass to everybody that owns an SRT-10 - Coupe or otherwise.

Please save your slamming for the Vette forum or somewhere else. A lot of us have had just about enough of your insulting fellow Viper owners over and over again. Try to show a little class and go troll a different forum, and preferably a different manufacturer all together.

Did you really just say this? If one person can control the market then the car REALLY REALLY SUX! I am not going to undermine the market at all. I will let the public and the car do it itself!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also agree. I had never driven an SRT until I picked up my new coupe. It is a totally different car from the Gen I & II, almost like driving a different marque. Don't get me wrong, I love my '96 and '02 coupes but they somehow look and feel dated beside the new coupe. I'll keep them all as long as I can.

So, F355, go post on a forum where people care about what you have to say like the "more exotics to come" forum.

Bob K

Yes I never said the car is not more refined and a better drive but the car looks horrible compared to GEN I's and II's. Get over yourself. If you do not like what you read then just do not read!

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets all listen to WANTED because hes the VCA's goober. :rolleyes: What the hell would he know? I bet hes "in-the-know". Im sure hes got some pretty bruised up shoulders and having multiple seizures from all of the nudging and winking hes been recieving. :rolleyes:

austin you should know by now i am a SRT fan :2tu: the point of my post was
solely to let anyone know that by waiting a whole 60 days might just save them some
major bucks on their purchase. the savings could go towards some fine upgrades
to equal anything dodge might release with the 2007 or even late 2006's. i in
no way meant to offend anyone here who has or is going to purchase a coupe, i
just feel that there will be some bargains to be had. look at what dodge just
offered with a coupon ( SRT/10 ), that is my point. the intent of my post was
to offer what i feel will benefit many on this site, i'll leave it at that.

tom

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to say I love my SRT its the best Viper ever made and when you park next to a 93 RT/10 you can see the features re-created but bought subtly up to date.
On the road its so much quicker than the old cars, mainly due to its easier to drive and on the track, well enough said.
Mines been at a Chrysler Dealer all week for the launch of the 300C, every person stopped and said 'What a Great Looking Car'

Wanted's right the cars finished the public hate it...LOL

TELL ME WHERE IN MY POST DID I SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also agree. I had never driven an SRT until I picked up my new coupe. It is a totally different car from the Gen I & II, almost like driving a different marque. Don't get me wrong, I love my '96 and '02 coupes but they somehow look and feel dated beside the new coupe. I'll keep them all as long as I can.

So, F355, go post on a forum where people care about what you have to say like the "more exotics to come" forum.

Bob K

Yes I never said the car is not more refined and a better drive but the car looks horrible compared to GEN I's and II's. Get over yourself. If you do not like what you read then just do not read!

What you should say is that the "car looks horrible compared to the GEN 1 and 2's, in my opinion". IN MY OPINION, the 06 Coupe is the best looking , and obviously, best performing Viper ever produced. You are certainly in the minority when you say such things about the new coupe.....but different strokes....

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom...

Whats up with this???? there will be no body change or hp increase in 2007, no Vipers scheduled to be built either, due to retooling of CAAP for the FIREPOWER, from what I have hear..

I can not believe you are falling for this, I, mean you were there for all the winking and stuff about the hp increase for the coupe...what gives???

If weather permits Iam bringing my FE coupe to the Christmas party, when you see it in person I think you will agree that it is awesome, heck I will even let you drive it.....

BTW, most all FE coupes were spoken for before they were even built, WoodHouse Dodge had to turn away plenty of guys with deposits in hand, and even return deposits already recieved, so if there is one out there available, it wont be for long. my 02c

AGAIN, I AM A HUGE SRT FAN, I HAVE OWNED 2. please read my replies to austin
and the **** who tried to put words in my mouth. i will take you up on the
offer of driving the new coupe :2tu: , bet it's awesome.

tom

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

What you should say is that the "car looks horrible compared to the GEN 1 and 2's, in my opinion". IN MY OPINION, the 06 Coupe is the best looking , and obviously, best performing Viper ever produced. You are certainly in the minority when you say such things about the new coupe.....but different strokes....

[/QUOTE]

agreed 100%. :2tu: btw nice cars

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bob K

Looks horrible? Yeah, I'd say that opinion would be in the minority, but I think he was exagerating. The majority opinion is that although all gen3's look great and handle/perform MUCH better than gen1/2's, it doesn't quite match it in the looks department. I have a gen2 but would be more than proud to have a gen3. :2tu:

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE BY F355

Will I buy a SRT-10 CONVERTIBLE? Maybe in the future. Would I pay near sticker? HELL NO! $50,000 for an SRT-10 seems MORE THAN fair!

Hey Dude you need to drink some prune juice because you are full of ****!

Didn't your MOM buy you your RT/10!!!?

Is $50k the most she is willing to spend on your next Viper? ;)

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chris,

Very well said. I could have bought any generation Viper and chose the SRT10. I paid sticker through Bill P. back in May 2003 and would do it again in a heartbeat. The car is phenomenal from all angles - goes like a rocket ship, handles better than anything I've driven and still turns heads more than a Ferrari.

F355 is wasting our precious time and needs to go be destructive on another forum. Valuation is not changing, cars are selling at sticker here in the bay area and will continue to do so. One dude's malicious attempts to devalue the car is futile and ********. The car's valuation is driven by a small sector of the market, they have disposible incomes to support the price of this car - that will not change...period.

jm

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets all listen to WANTED because hes the VCA's goober. :rolleyes: What the hell would he know? I bet hes "in-the-know". Im sure hes got some pretty bruised up shoulders and having multiple seizures from all of the nudging and winking hes been recieving. :rolleyes:

austin you should know by now i am a SRT fan :2tu: the point of my post was
solely to let anyone know that by waiting a whole 60 days might just save them some
major bucks on their purchase. the savings could go towards some fine upgrades
to equal anything dodge might release with the 2007 or even late 2006's. i in
no way meant to offend anyone here who has or is going to purchase a coupe, i
just feel that there will be some bargains to be had. look at what dodge just
offered with a coupon ( SRT/10 ), that is my point. the intent of my post was
to offer what i feel will benefit many on this site, i'll leave it at that.

tom

If you say so. Thats why you went through 2! ;) :p

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
QUOTE BY F355

Will I buy a SRT-10 CONVERTIBLE? Maybe in the future. Would I pay near sticker? HELL NO! $50,000 for an SRT-10 seems MORE THAN fair!

Hey Dude you need to drink some prune juice because you are full of ****!

Didn't your MOM buy you your RT/10!!!?

Is $50k the most she is willing to spend on your next Viper? ;)

HAHA! Yup, she is only willing to spend $50K so I must say all these bad things in order to drive the prices down ;) .

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy summary. F355 thinks SRT-10 is an ugly car, but he would buy one if it were cheaper.

I think the SRT-10 is the finest and most beautiful convertible ever produced in America.

Everyone thinks their own kids are the cutest. But only the most obnoxious parent would tell another parent that their kid was ugly. Just poor taste and manners.

No accounting for taste.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me rephrase this, THE SRT-10 COUPE IS UGLY! This was what I said beforehand and all the SRT-10 convertible owners chimed in. The convertible is nice but just not worth the sticker since they tank. Yes the GEN I's & II's look better in styling but the GEN III CONVERTIBLE even though it is not my personal first choice, looks more like it fits it's time period. I just do not understand where the coupe came from.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Easy summary. F355 thinks SRT-10 is an ugly car, but he would buy one if it were cheaper.

I think the SRT-10 is the finest and most beautiful convertible ever produced in America.

Everyone thinks their own kids are the cutest. But only the most obnoxious parent would tell another parent that their kid was ugly. Just poor taste and manners.

No accounting for taste.

Thats why I don't say anything much about it anymore, because for one, no SRT owner gives a god damm what anyone else thinks, and what purpose would it serve to say anything negative? Its like a drive-by posting. Ratta-tat-tat, spill some blood then drive away. Better to keep silent about what you don't like, and just let other people enjoy their lives.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No accounting for taste.

Thats why I don't say anything much about it anymore, because for one, no SRT owner gives a god damm what anyone else thinks, and what purpose would it serve to say anything negative? Its like a drive-by posting. Ratta-tat-tat, spill some blood then drive away. Better to keep silent about what you don't like, and just let other people enjoy their lives.

Vic:

I have learned this lesson the hard way unfortunately. Sad to tell you the truth but what are you going to do.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my first Viper in 2005. My black SRT-10 is now getting a Paxton and a lot of other neat stuff. Could have bought the Viper back when. I didn't because they were pieces of sh%t kit cars. Also had to have a convertible, not a targa or poupe, sorry, I mean coupe.

Your Gen I/II cars are UGLY. They are old and UGLY. They are starting to fall apart, rot, leak, quit, die, puke, overheat, sieze, smell and do what all old cars do. Plus they are UGLY. The guys that stepped up to the SRT-10 knew a good thing when they saw it; however they didn't start championing the SRT because of peer pressure by UGLY only Viper owners. But they did what made them feel right and are enjoying a beautiful, fast, bad a$$ ride. Yes, they still may have their UGLY ones, but that's ok. They're not going around running their mouths off and putting down the SRT and it's owners by attempting to drive prices down and being insulting to those who chose a different path.

Now it's SRT's turn to be insulting. I know the better person just turns the other cheek (Gen I/II owners that I am referring to can kiss mine); It's time for the not so better of us to have some fun at the UGLY Viper owner's expense.

So all you Gen I/II owners that keep running your mouth and knocking our cars, don't ever buy an SRT. Your rides are UGLY, and you guys are really fKKKKd up. Possibly can't even afford a new one? That might be it. Can't afford the new, improved model so I had to settle for the UGLY one. When my SRT gets old and tired, at least it will be prettier than your UGLY Gen I/II, and I will have gone on to the next generation long before that. By then surely you can afford to buy mine.

Oh,yeah. Just my .02.

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't like the SRT 10 then why bother coming to a forum where people really appreciate a beautiful, good handling, and fast car. Any Viper owner that criicizes the taste of another Viper owner just because he has a different model hasn't really thought things through very clearly. He is really making himself look bad and denegrating the very Viper that he owns. You know the old saying " If you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all".

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap, it's like a new Z06 owner came in and pissed in everyone's cereal! Guys, it's a VIPER, so WHO CARES? I would give almost anything to own any generation Viper, you all are damn lucky, now quit your bickering, and go drive your cars and enjoy life! Nuff said.

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh, From what you just said you obviously deserve to own a Viper more than some of the people on this forum. I hope you are some day as fortunate as I have been to own a great
car like the SRT 10. Some people just never appreciate anything and the only way they can make themselves feel good is to tear other people DOWN. They obviously don't think much of themselves to build themselves up by saying that, what they have is better than someone else. Some people obviously have more money than BRAINS.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rick, thanks for your comment, and I agree, I do deserve to own a Viper! Anyone willing to sell me theirs for a couple thousand dollars??