illiois Drag day Results!Viper vs Supra

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost to the BigT POOPRA,"MIKE C"ran <a href="mailto:[email protected]"&gt;[email protected]&lt;/a&gt; news is he's still dialing it in and 5-6lbs boost to come.He did it with a 100shot through 1st and 1.7560fter.The(automatic) car is Silver with with ground effects,wing and other goodies.Congrats to Mike C.
The Ultimate Street Car competitor and Viper brother Paolo,1st time out with slicks ran 10.8 @134,1.860fter :shocked: Next he ran 11.1 @126,1.68 60fter(missed 3rd)and coasted through.THE PROBLEM was the S/C belt was Junk from the Ultimate challenge the week before,visually glazed,and unable to tighten.134 MPH is mid 600RW.We tightened and ran the 11.1 looking good with the 16.8 and pizano(is that a bad word)missed 3rd.Congrats on hitting a ten the 1st time out,its all down from here ;)
We had Issac with his 02 GTS with a 11.95 and a couple 12.0's.We had several GTS's running 12.0-12.1 all day with 2.0 60's.
TOOOFST ran &lt;a href="mailto:11.39@129(1.95">[email protected]"&gt;[email protected]&lt;/a&gt; news is he's still dialing it in and 5-6lbs boost to come.He did it with a 100shot through 1st and 1.7560fter.The(automatic) car is Silver with with ground effects,wing and other goodies.Congrats to Mike C.
The Ultimate Street Car competitor and Viper brother Paolo,1st time out with slicks ran 10.8 @134,1.860fter :shocked: Next he ran 11.1 @126,1.68 60fter(missed 3rd)and coasted through.THE PROBLEM was the S/C belt was Junk from the Ultimate challenge the week before,visually glazed,and unable to tighten.134 MPH is mid 600RW.We tightened and ran the 11.1 looking good with the 16.8 and pizano(is that a bad word)missed 3rd.Congrats on hitting a ten the 1st time out,its all down from here ;)
We had Issac with his 02 GTS with a 11.95 and a couple 12.0's.We had several GTS's running 12.0-12.1 all day with 2.0 60's.
TOOOFST ran &lt;a href="mailto:11.39@129(1.95</a> 60') with 140rw shot with the Maximiser,the way to go with nitrous(on stock tires).

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Curious - any mods on the '02's running 12.0's with 2.0 60 fts. Also, what sort of MPH were they getting?

HOLD TYTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great day it was at the track.. Great meeting JDAWG and thanks for the advice on the launches.. Even with the help I could only muster a 12.0 at 119.. about a tenth off of my pace.. Also, congrats to Mike in his 2001 Sapphire GTS with a single run of 12.0 at 121.5 and a 2.0 sixty foot.. you should have stayed mike, that heads and cam car of yours could have hit 11.8's easy.. Also, for all those curious. Toofast, Isaac, myself, and John and Mike D'amico were all running Michelin Pilots.. All the heads and cam vettes on drag radials couldn't touch us....

Good job Toofast with that 11.3 on the juice...

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey toof, thanks for aranging my vec1 installation. I had it installed the night before the track, I was tuning on the way to the track. I think the car felt better in the 1/8 but needs more tuning for rest of the 1/4. I ran my best of 7.8@ 95m/h. My best time was 11.9 @ 119 on my third run with 1.90 60ft. Toof don't forget you have a project to work on this winter, the air box.

Isaac

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TOOOFST, thanks for making my posts seem easier to read.... WOW!

I have to say it was an experience to run on slicks and skinnies. The car feels very different and kind of squirrely in this mode.

It was a long day and I got 4 runs total about 1.5 hours apart.

We finally dialed in the tire pressure and launch RPM by the end where I pulled a 1.6 60 footer but missed the 2-3 shift and ran an 11.2.

I did not get a chance to watch the boost gauge, but the in car video revealed 8 PSI. I will be putting on a new belt and will try to get another track day in the next couple of weeks.

J DAWG: Thanks for giving me such good pointers on how the big guys launch! That helped a lot!

I would also like to thank TOOOFST for guiding me into the burnout box and for letting me use his tires! Not until the last launch did I do a launch worthy of the tires!

I would also like to thank all my friends like Dave, Chuck, Dennis, Edwin, Jim, Gerald, Brian and everybody else who showed me such good support. I will do better next time!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, it was a pleasure meeting you in person. You without a doubt have the ULTIMATE STREET VIPER around. You are humble and most deserving of such a ride. Great meeting TOOOFST. You are a great guy and can get together some great events for the Viper community. Thanks to all the Chicago guys for such wonderful hospitality.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, it was a pleasure meeting you in person. You without a doubt have the ULTIMATE STREET VIPER around. You are humble and most deserving of such a ride. Great meeting TOOOFST. You are a great guy and can get together some great events for the Viper community. Thanks to all the Chicago guys for such wonderful hospitality.

J DAWG, thanks a lot! I have to take you for a real ride soon! Let me know when you will be in Chicago again! Paolo

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte