I'm Short!:(

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently got a '96 GTS. I love it! The only problem I've had is that I'm around 5'8". I'm also not a small guy (215lb). Not grossly overweight, but I'm not boney. I don't have much problems getting in or out(if i move the seat back). However, I sometimes struggle to get my seat up close enough to where my foot can easily push the clutch to the floor. It seems like my body isn't very far from the steering wheel and head at windshield and legs jammed up by the time I get up there.

Has anybody else had this problem?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I recently got a '96 GTS. I love it! The only problem I've had is that I'm around 5'8". I'm also not a small guy (215lb). Not grossly overweight, but I'm not boney. I don't have much problems getting in or out(if i move the seat back). However, I sometimes struggle to get my seat up close enough to where my foot can easily push the clutch to the floor. It seems like my body isn't very far from the steering wheel and head at windshield and legs jammed up by the time I get up there.

Has anybody else had this problem?

All 96 GTS and newer Vipers came with factory-adjustable pedals. The knurled-knob is between your knees, on the panel beneath the steering column. Many newbees DONT KNOW THIS if they dont read the owner's manual. If the KNOB IS MISSING use aa small socket wrench or a Vice Grip........Your pedals should come up to you....unless you are even shorter than cody .........

PartsRack does have forward-travel seat kits, but usually not needed til 5'3" and under

(The seatback also tilts, but the tilt-tab release is hard to find) LET US KNOW !!

OP
OP
L

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All 96 GTS and newer Vipers came with factory-adjustable pedals. The knurled-knob is between your knees, on the panel beneath the steering column. Many newbees DONT KNOW THIS if they dont read the owner's manual. If the KNOB IS MISSING use aa small socket wrench or a Vice Grip........Your pedals should come up to you....unless you are even shorter than cody .........

PartsRack does have forward-travel seat kits, but usually not needed til 5'3" and under

(The seatback also tilts, but the tilt-tab release is hard to find) LET US KNOW !!

good to know. Mine didn't come with an owner's manual so that's why I don't know common things like this. Has anybody found one online?

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Limit, us short guys gotta stick together and look out for each other. :D Hope the pedal adjustment works for you.

And if you ever need help with anything else or just want to talk vipers, feel free to call.

unless you are even shorter than cody .........

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had much the same problem, (my RT/10 doesn't have adjustable pedals), I got in touch with Northwind Engineering who do a replacement seat kit which gave me an extra couple of inches of forward travel... It's a great product and works a treat, made a world of difference to my driving position and has given me alot more confidence with the car having a little more 'foot control'.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 5' 8" about 210 trying to stay in shape. I have had 2 GTS's and feel very comfortable in both. The new SRT-10 in both convertible and couple felt tight to me.

OP
OP
L

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got the pedals up, couldn't have been any easier and worked wonders. I barely move up my seat anymore if I really want control. They were set all the way back which explains it. I really had to thrust to get the seat up the notches. This car is now officially perfect:)

Copernicus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you checked the pocket on the rear side of the passenger seat? Some people assume the owner's manual is missing and it turns out, it was stored there. Don't ask me how I know....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got the pedals up, couldn't have been any easier and worked wonders. I barely move up my seat anymore if I really want control. They were set all the way back which explains it. I really had to thrust to get the seat up the notches. This car is now officially perfect:)

CONGRATS ! That free pedal install and directions is worth EVERY PENNY you paid for it here........

Now, find the seat recline tabs, the fog-light switch (pull the headlite switch) and the rear seat pockets and front-seat mesh sport compartments.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had much the same problem, (my RT/10 doesn't have adjustable pedals), I got in touch with Northwind Engineering who do a replacement seat kit which gave me an extra couple of inches of forward travel... It's a great product and works a treat, made a world of difference to my driving position and has given me alot more confidence with the car having a little more 'foot control'.

PartsRack also has them make us a 1" Lower Seat kit with 2" forward travel. Why?

6'2" Tall Husband, 5.2 Spouse. Works Great. (Spouse sits on a cushion)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
good to know. Mine didn't come with an owner's manual so that's why I don't know common things like this. Has anybody found one online?

CHECK THE DEPTHS OF THE DRIVERS REAR SEAT POCKET and report back. We can get you a manual if its not there as Copernicus suggested.

Someone provided a retail link, but caution: AS A VCA MEMBER YOU ARE ENTITLED TO BUY PUBLICATIONS AT DEALER WHOLESALE. See the BOOKSTORE info on this sites' main page.

If you are NOT a member we just provided TWO big reasons to join.

OP
OP
L

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I talked to the dealer today, and he forgot it so he's sending it. Thanks for all the help guys. I just washed it and got her looking beautiful. *sigh*

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't going to post but I must admit I appreciate the adjustable pedals on my car. I have them all the way out the seat just about all the way forward and it's perfect. The funny part is that when I drove Cody's FE last month I had to move the seat up a little to reach the pedals and didn't push it back when I was done............I wonder if Cody noticed???? :)