I'm so excited, & I can't hide it ... well, I am.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car's in the dealership, getting all fluids changed, and ... woodhouse motor mounts, trans mount, and .... SVS shifter installed, and ... new PS2's put on, and .... new 2009 6 spoke rims. Had to tell someone who'd appreciate the excitement. I'll report on the results ... cause y'all are the only one's I have that care. lol :drive:

Happy happy joy joy.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now why does a certain Pointer Sisters song immediately start playing in my head when reading the topic title, lol.
Sounds like cool mods, enjoy them and be sure to post pics of the finished result!

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you love that excited feel when getting something new for the beast. You're gonna LOVE the 6 spoke!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now why does a certain Pointer Sisters song immediately start playing in my head when reading the topic title, lol.
Sounds like cool mods, enjoy them and be sure to post pics of the finished result!

I was thinkin' the SAME thing hahaa.

"I know I know I know I want YOU!"

yeh take a pic of the shifter, have been thinking about that one myself. you will LOVE the motor and tranny mounts too, just did mine as well.

BullRider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know how you feel! I've got an appointment on the 26th for a full exhaust install, **** injection, fuel booster and a full tune. I can't wait!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. I love the new 6 spokes. Even more important is they are lighter than the stock 10 spoke or 5 spoke. With non-runflats you will see an immediate improvement in ride.

I am sure you will love the new setup. Post pics when you get it back.

Car's in the dealership, getting all fluids changed, and ... woodhouse motor mounts, trans mount, and .... SVS shifter installed, and ... new PS2's put on, and .... new 2009 6 spoke rims. Had to tell someone who'd appreciate the excitement. I'll report on the results ... cause y'all are the only one's I have that care. lol :drive:

Happy happy joy joy.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure but I do know that the new six spoke are similar in weight as the stock lightweight ACR wheels which are the same wheels which came on the copperhead.

I have the 5 spokes, how much lighter are the 6 spokes ?

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why did you choose to do the motor and tranny mounts? I have read that it reduces wheel hop, but also makes the car shake when idle. I would love to hear feedback on your results. Thanks

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I knew you'd get my excitement. Car is ready but with all the rain we're getting they recommended getting her tomorrow when the rain ends, new unscuffed tires in pouring rain on a viper .. yea, I'm getting her tomorrow.

Yes, the wheels are amazing in weight when you pick them up, when we were unloading the first thing the guy at the service area said when he picked up one box was - wow, this wheel is really light. The weight, look, and being an original SRT part all made them irresistable to me.

I got the Woodhouse mounts for a couple reasons. I've seen pics of 5 & 6 yr old mounts and they're trashed, since my car is an 03, I'm sure they're dead. A the track on full throttle my shifter moves more than an inch back and forth with throttle pressre, another sign of worn out mounts. So mostly to keep my trans & shifter from dancing around and for some maintenance.

BTW I got fluids (clutch, trans, diff, brake, pwr steering) all flushed and filled, wheels swapped & TPS's & new tires mount & balance, full inspection, shifter install, and mounts installed - for $1100, seemed to be a great price.

I'll definitely post pics & feedback. I also heard from Steve that my Vipair hood should arrive anyday .. the excitement just doesn't end!

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did you choose to do the motor and tranny mounts? I have read that it reduces wheel hop, but also makes the car shake when idle. I would love to hear feedback on your results. Thanks

I just did the mounts on my 08. Does not make the car shake at all, just a slight buzz on the shifter and steering wheel at idle and very low revs. It's noticable but really nothing dramatic, it just gives the car a little Harley touch.
Wheel hop has reduce quite a bit, and one of my OEM mount was already cracked at 6,000 miles.
IMHO this mod is a must, if wheel hop is a concern at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked her up, this rain is just getting a little old. Wheels look abso-frickin-lutely awesome. I'll do some pics & write ups on a new thread, assuming we ever see the sun again in Maryland. Also, the SVS shifter with my MGW handle is just rediculous, it's like an arcade game with such short direct action to it, like flicking my wrist up & down to shift. Woohoo.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SVS was Super Viper Systems, then SVS Power Systems, I'm not sure of their status now. I installed their shifter on my 2000 RT/10 and it was awesome. I bought this one about 2 yrs ago & just got around to getting in the car. I've used MGW in my mustangs for like 10 yrs, I used several shifters in the stangs & can say the MGW is the best on the market, followed by the Steeda, IMHO. So I'm sure the MGW is killer for the Viper too .... if I bought a shifter today I'd buy a MGW cause of my successsful history with their products. But that being said, the SVSi I just put in, coupled with the MGW knob/shaft, is just sick. The feel is incredible & with the Woodhouse mounts there's zero slop or movement, if I were to screw up a shift now, I should be beaten with a dipstick.

Oh and the day looks nice, I'll be giving her a bath & snappin some pics to share today.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62