immediate help needed PLEASE!

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am bringing a 2002 rt10 over from the US into Ontario,Canada Monday.I guess over here you need to have a CHILD TETHER ANCHORAGE KIT/BELT in the car (passenger seat).Does every 2002 viper come standard with this already?

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the immediate help? You can bring it over without it. You have time to get it certified for RIV compliance over here in Canada.

It's the loop mounted behind the passenger seat, probably just a dealer item or contact JonB, whether it has it or not, it can't be more than a $20 item..

Reaction score
I believe what you are looking for are the 2 hooks down in the crack between the bottom and seat back that the baby seat would clip into. Pretty sure they were all like that after 96'?

Just reach in there and see if you feel a piece looped that you could snap something to and you will be golden.

Lemon_Twist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dad's 97 GTS had them, can't see why a 2002 wouldn't. Black RT/10 is correct, car doesn't need to be fully compliant to clear Customs. Just make sure US Customs has a faxed copy of your ownership at least 48 hrs prior to clearing Customs with it and you are golden.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It shouldn't have to be installed. The car just has to have the availability of installation. On my Stealth I just showed the owners manual instructions for installation. Many cars came with the "child tether anchorage" in a plastic bag in the glovebox or spare tire well. There's none installed in my 98 or my '02 GTSs. I don't have a use for a child tether and didn't instal any.

Ted

Ted

OP
OP
G

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok,i got my car tonight..Monday! I checked.I have the same thing 2000 BLACK rt BUT MINE IS NOT ON THE REAR OF THE SEAT BUT ATTACHED TO THE FABRIC BEHIND THE SEAT,NOT ON THE REAR OF THE SEAT ITSELF- MAKE SENSE?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I checked my car yesterday. It DOES have the bracket bolted to the panel behind the seat.

Ted

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '01 RT/10 has the bracket mounted behind the passenger seat and the service manual references and illustrates the bracket in detail.

OP
OP
G

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thx guys. its just a nut i guess and looks like a clip,like in the pic above. so im good to go for that portion of the cdn. tire inspection. getting daytime running lights put in and anything else?

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thx guys. its just a nut i guess and looks like a clip,like in the pic above. so im good to go for that portion of the cdn. tire inspection. getting daytime running lights put in and anything else?

That's pretty much it. Don't worry about the seats, they really only check the day time lights. Make sure you have your forms from the RIV for the crappy tire inspection. (All they do is look on the inside of your door and check off the form. It takes 2 minutes). If there was any recalls on that year you also need a letter for Dodge which you can down load from their site.

Welcome to the coolest car club in the world!

If you need any help send me a PM and I'll give you call.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960