In For Sevice at Dodge Dealer - Part 2

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This '01 RT/10 is just amazing. I could, with out a doubt, write a post every time I come back from driving it anywhere. Instead, I'll spare you every day's adventure and just relate yesterday's events.

I stopped in at Pompano Beach Dodge for a prescheduled service on a few items. Skip shift eliminate, replace window guide passenger side and install EBC greens on the front. It's a small dealership (compared to some Dodge dealers.) There's one Viper Tech, super nice/knowlegable guy although he spends most of his time working on other Dodge products.

I drop the car off at 8am. I take a quick look in the bays for other snakes but didn't see any. Suprise #1 was when service manager calls me at 3pm tells me I'm all done except for the tint. I had no idea they had to replace the window. I thought I was just getting the "guide" replaced. Anway, they had to have the new window retinted and I shyly gave them the OK to take it accross the street and get it done. Result: nice job, no charge (for the guide, window, install or the tint) and no extra miles either.

Front pads appear to have bedded in nicely. Skip shift eliminator is an absolute must have. Install pads and skip shift, $105 (I brought in the parts) I thought the charge was fair.

Real kick when I came in to pick up the car. My car's done. The bays are like a snake pit now. Two Vipers on racks in the air, another two on the ground. Two of these cars were most unusual. One GTS was plum in color. I had never seen or heard of this color on a Viper. Tech told me VIN info revealed first owner famous racing legend. (I won't post the name) Anyway, tech thought it was factory original paint made specifically for this driver. Very cool I thought. - Other car that caught my attenton was a black viper GTS-R w/ unusal badging. Under the viper logo it said "nascar." Any significance to this or is this just some aftermarket wanna be thing.

Anyway, all in all great day. (like everyday with this car) Always something neat and new to learn around these snakes.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a great day!

As far as the information from the factory goes, only "custom/special" color cars (so far) to leave where Three White/Blue Striped '96 GTS's, one solid Blue '97 GTS, the 2000 Black/Silver VCA Raffle GTS, and this years 2001 Graphite RT/10 ACR VCA Raffle car (on the production line this week). Nmerous cars have been repainted by design and engineering after they left the factory, but the cars left the line in factory colors (I guess the first Raffle car technically falls into this category. No Plum. One other car left pretty unique, Roy Sjoberg's (Father Viper) '93 left the line painted red with a tan top.

Black GTS-R (GT-2?)... or a Black ACR? The latter would make sense. Since ACR's have the same wheels as GT-2's, and have special badging and harnesses, this would make sense.

At this point I do not know of anyone that has repainted one of the original '98 White/Blue striped 100 GT-2's black. At least one person has made a GT-2 look alike..... Rick Ryan jokes about his car being GT-2 #101
smile.gif

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small typo above: Jay meant to write one solid blue '97 RT/10 not GTS, right?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think last year or the year before, Dodge actually had a Black GTS with some NASCAR badging? I think it was a raffle for a charity organization that prompted Dodge to produce it, along with the fact that Dodge was entering the race series again? I saw it at the Detroit Auto Show. I wish I had more info, but I will see if I can get any more facts.