Installing a Power steering vent tube from Roe Racing

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no!!!! You're going to be washing your tires in PS fluid.....spin out and create a huge fireball wreck. OMG

(Sarcastic preemptive strike on the inevitable comments from those who think lots of fluid can come through that tube......)

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't you need to twist tie the tube to something to prevent it from moving? When I bought mine it actually came with the zip tie. I don't drive my Viper very hard but I have never gotten a drop of fluid out of the vent tube.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay, thank you for taking the time to create these DIY videos. They're great and very helpful to the Viper community. Keep up the great work! :2tu:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I will agree with Tony :1up:

Well done for taking the time to post up the videos, I know it takes a while to do these things :)

Have to say I have heard of these caps coming loose but Mine never has. Instead of buying the Roe part, I simply pushed on a 2 ft length of black rubber tube, then fed the end of the rubber tube through a low gap between the chassis and "rear" inner wheel fender so that if any fluid did escape it would splash down behind the front wheel :)

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fatboy, Lots of things will work...some look better than others...but just ensure not to pinch the rubber tube if you did that. The reservoir needs to be vented. Note the hole in the ****** of the cap.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many Vipers have burned to the ground due to the cap coming off and PS fluid hitting the hot exhaust and catching fire, if your car has a non-secured PS cap , it is only a matter of time until it comes off. The material of the cap and reservoir do not contract and expand at the same rate and the cap will come loose at some point..........even if it is rock solid today , it will eventually spin free.

OP
OP
J

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll admit I could have made it a lot cheaper, but them again how many parts can you buy for a viper for $29?
When you look at it that way it was cheap...
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang