Interested in Viper for sale in L.A.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys and ladies. I will also post this in the Southern California Zone but am wondering if somebody can go check a GTS for me in Sun Valley which is just North of North Hollywood. The car seems to good to be true and I would like an honest opinion on the car and not just take the salesman's word. Here is a link to the car: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...field=PRICE&certifiedOnly=false&&aff=national
Please PM me if interested in doing this for me. I would be willing to compensate you for your time.

Duane

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
is it stock beside the wheels? Also find out how old the tires are. That price seems to be the going rate with that mileage (maybe even lower since its been in an accident)

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the Carfax and that there was damage reported but it doesn't say what kind of damage. Those kind of things don't scare me as long as it was fixed properly, I could care less if it was in an accident but I want information about said accident. Mileage also doesn't scare me off. 37K is not a lot of miles in my mind so this car seems perfect for me.
I haven't priced Vipers for awhile so I don't know what they are going for these days. The price just seemed a little low for a striped graphite GTS.
I am going to call them today and ask them questions but am hoping somebody from the L.A. area can check it out for me.

mitchdob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Duane... I'm close (Studio City) and time permitting next week I could take a trip over there and take a look.
..... though the one in the Marina (hybrid1098) sure looks NICE.
FYI: Mine is a 2000 GTS ACR (Steel Metal/Black stripe)

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked with the dealer a little while ago and the car is sold, rats!!! Thanx for the offers to go and look it over for me.
The search continues................

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duane, better to let that one get away. It had significant damage last fall done by a 3rd party who bought the car from him. You'll find a better viper, good luck, Mike

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx Mike! That is the reason that Carfax sux and why nobody should buy a car based on what it says. I appreciate the heads up.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx Mike! That is the reason that Carfax sux and why nobody should buy a car based on what it says. I appreciate the heads up.

I don't agree that Carfax sux. It does what I would expect that it could do. What sux is that their advertising leads gullible people into thinking that they are connected instantaneously to all databases federal, state, local government, DMV, police, insurance companies, body shops, auction houses, and dealerships. There is no linkage like that, I would never have believed it if they said that it did.

The only thing that it is good for, IMHO, is to tell you whether it tells you anything that would devalue the car in the general public's opinion.

One can never depend on anything other than a competent mechanic or bodyshop's inspection as to whether a used car is what you want it to be. (Whatever your standards are.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950