Is the coupe DOA versus the Z06??

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would appear that you are the one that doesn't want differing opinions.

So, you come to my house and call my property ugly. Then, you come up with this. You really are a treat.
The real world corollary would be for you to come to my house, in my garage and tell how much better looking your car is. How long would you be welcome in that case?

Now this is the Gen III garage so leave. If we want to discuss the Gen II superiority we will go to your place.

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would appear that you are the one that doesn't want differing opinions.

So, you come to my house and call my property ugly. Then, you come up with this. You really are a treat.
The real world corollary would be for you to come to my house, in my garage and tell how much better looking your car is. How long would you be welcome in that case?

Now this is the Gen III garage so leave. If we want to discuss the Gen II superiority we will go to your place.

How about I just call you a ***** since you really can't comprehend the discussion?

This is OUR house by the way, and I came to your room to talk about a new model that is being built and my opinions of it.

Stop being such a pansy.

:2tu: :2tu:

By the way, does your last sentence mean you think the Gen II is superior?

:D :D :D

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well said Vipah. This is Viperclub.org, all viper owners are welcome. Gen III owners are more than welcome in the Gen II section.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen 3 guys do visit and post in the gen 2 section...But they don't feel the need to issue a fatwah against the Gen 2 while visiting......personally I like both cars.....whatever

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have been going at it for FIVE pages.
3104sucks10.JPG

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well said Vipah. This is Viperclub.org, all viper owners are welcome. Gen III owners are more than welcome in the Gen II section.

And piss on the Gen II like you do here on the Gen III? I think not. The Gen III owners are not hell bent on ******* off the Gen II owners like you guys are.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to add a disclaimer. Gen 3 bashing seems to be limited to a very few guys, and Vipah stands at the top of the list with the recently departed Craig201MPH. The rest of the brotherhood feels no need to bore anyone in an insulting manner with the reasons they have not chosen to upgrade to a gen 3. Indeed most respect the new car and a large percentage of us (myself included) would like to own one if that did not mean we would have to give up our beloved Gen 1 or 2. I'm looking for an SRT right now. I might also add that the only reason Craig is no longer here was his constant comments regarding the SRT, and he was a LOT more pleasant about it than Vipah. Take note Vipah.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to add a disclaimer. Gen 3 bashing seems to be limited to a very few guys, and Vipah stands at the top of the list with the recently departed Craig201MPH. The rest of the brotherhood feels no need to bore anyone in an insulting manner with the reasons they have not chosen to upgrade to a gen 3. Indeed most respect the new car and a large percentage of us (myself included) would like to own one if that did not mean we would have to give up our beloved Gen 1 or 2. I'm looking for an SRT right now. I might also add that the only reason Craig is no longer here was his constant comments regarding the SRT, and he was a LOT more pleasant about it than Vipah. Take note Vipah.

Lee: We agree, and disagree (who woulda guessed?). I think most pre-gen3 folks do respect srt's, and other than some trading some brotherly jabs here and there, only a few here really take the srt bashing to the max.

That said, I don't think Vipah is completely at fault here. There are just as many gen3 folks who are whiners and turn their frustrations to bashing gen1/2's. Just like life, boths sides on the extreme needs to cool it. The vast majority of us get along and have a healthy affinity for all gens.

Now ya'll kids kiss and make up. :D

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lee: We agree, and disagree (who woulda guessed?). I think most pre-gen3 folks do respect srt's, and other than some trading some brotherly jabs here and there, only a few here really take the srt bashing to the max.

That said, I don't think Vipah is completely at fault here. There are just as many gen3 folks who are whiners and turn their frustrations to bashing gen1/2's. Just like life, boths sides on the extreme needs to cool it. The vast majority of us get along and have a healthy affinity for all gens.

Now ya'll kids kiss and make up. :D

Thanks Warfang.

I don't come here to bash on the srt, I come here to bash on DC to do more and give more performance. It always seems that this gets taken personally and results in some 'fun'.

:2tu: :D :D

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Warfang and Lee, I respect your opinions. It is nice to have some semblance of civilized discourse here. I love both the Gen I and the Gen II. I happen to prefer my Gen 3, but wouldn't call someone an idiot because they preferred their version of the Viper.

However, a couple of points:

1. "Gen III guys also bash the Gen I or Gen II." I have NEVER read a post by a Gen III owner bashing the Gen I/II except when responding to a Gen I/II owner's shot at them. It isn't polite to tell a man that his wife (or 'Domestic Partner' if you're Vipah) is ugly. But if he calls your wife ugly, he might expect you to point out how ugly his wife is. If you find a post where a Gen III owner takes an unprovoked shot at Gen I or II then I would be the first to say that is wrong.

2. "Vipah is not completely at fault here." Uhhh, wrong. I guarantee that if I went to the Gen I/II board and made 400 posts disparaging the Gen I/II and calling the owners of those cars the names that he uses then the response would be less than polite. He is a classless cancer. We've heard his incessant whining for quite some time. He enjoys hiding behind a keyboard and talking trash to guys who would shut his mouth in person. Vipah claims that he is doing all of this personal bashing because somehow it will cause DC to ignore the professional employees they have and start building according to Vipah's specs. Right. What a loser. 500+ posts and none of them are asking legitimate questions about the car or tech. Just 500+ posts provoking arguments and making personal attacks about a car he could never afford and those who own it.

Dirk

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Warfang and Lee, I respect your opinions. It is nice to have some semblance of civilized discourse here. I love both the Gen I and the Gen II. I happen to prefer my Gen 3, but wouldn't call someone an idiot because they preferred their version of the Viper.

However, a couple of points:

1. "Gen III guys also bash the Gen I or Gen II." I have NEVER read a post by a Gen III owner bashing the Gen I/II except when responding to a Gen I/II owner's shot at them. It isn't polite to tell a man that his wife (or 'Domestic Partner' if you're Vipah) is ugly. But if he calls your wife ugly, he might expect you to point out how ugly his wife is. If you find a post where a Gen III owner takes an unprovoked shot at Gen I or II then I would be the first to say that is wrong.

2. "Vipah is not completely at fault here." Uhhh, wrong. I guarantee that if I went to the Gen I/II board and made 400 posts disparaging the Gen I/II and calling the owners of those cars the names that he uses then the response would be less than polite. He is a classless cancer. We've heard his incessant whining for quite some time. He enjoys hiding behind a keyboard and talking trash to guys who would shut his mouth in person. Vipah claims that he is doing all of this personal bashing because somehow it will cause DC to ignore the professional employees they have and start building according to Vipah's specs. Right. What a loser. 500+ posts and none of them are asking legitimate questions about the car or tech. Just 500+ posts provoking arguments and making personal attacks about a car he could never afford and those who own it.

Dirk

I guess you consider this a class post.

Thanks for proving the point.

LMAO

:2tu: :2tu: :D :D :D :D

By the way, do you even own a Viper, Mr. Enthusiast? How about getting your VIN into the moderator so you can be shown as an owner. :D :D

And stop hiding behind the keyboard. LOL :D :D

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe something useful from Vipah after all?????

Tell me who to send my VIN to so that I can be listed as an owner and I'll gladly do so.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Dirk

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Gen III guys also bash the Gen I or Gen II." I have NEVER read a post by a Gen III owner bashing the Gen I/II except when responding to a Gen I/II owner's shot at them.

Oh really? Try looking up the past posts on this clown. (vipersrt10) Try to find some that don't knock other peoples cars. This limp wrister never ever misses a chance to call a GTS or RT a piece of [******] compared to his car. It's all he ever posts about, to chime in his useless drivel. Just look at his comments on this thread, never mind countless others. Please point out the "shots" at him. Oh but maybe he is just "responding to provocation" Yeah thats it.

Feel free to admit you were wrong.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have NEVER read a post by a Gen III owner bashing the Gen I/II except when responding to a Gen I/II owner's shot at them.
Dirk

Damn... now you gonna go make me dig...

BAM! Read post#2... what should have been a fun rallying cry for Viper lovers everywhere, a gen3-er starts throwing mud right from the start.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=566491&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Now don't tell me all the first-strike gen2 guys deleted their "ugly wife" posts before I saw them. There's enough guilt to go around on BOTH sides. The problem is a good number of guys that would own Vipers are type A personalities, but that's not an excuse to be an idiot. It doesn't do you any service when people are trying to cool things down and you won't do your part to bite your tongue just a bit.

Your opinions aren't wrong, but your actions aren't right either. Even your arch nemesis Vipah is trying to strike a reconciliatory note. We collectively, need to find a better way to vent our energy. Any suggestions?

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, I admit I was wrong. Apparently there are some Gen III guys who have taken the first shot. You have to admit that it isn't nearly as common as the Gen III bashing. (Although the dig from your link above isn't much of a slam)

I admit that the high road is to ignore Vipah when he goes on and on and on.... I have done so through about 450 of his 500 bashing posts.

As for suggestions, how about this:

If Vipah is concerned because he wants DC to put more horsepower into the new cars then why not say that instead of saying "Gen IIIs are ugly and anyone who owns one is an idiot."

It isn't much of a stretch to think that people who dropped $80k on a car do not enjoy hearing someone who doesn't own one call it a piece of crap.

How about saying, "I prefer the styling of the older model to that of the newer one." Instead of, "Everyone knows the older Vipers look much better and the newer ones are ugly."

How about waiting to see the new Vette actually hit the street before you come to the Viper board and talk about how the new Vette is sooo much better than the Viper.

How about a teeny tiny bit of tact?

There are my suggestions.

Dirk

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have NEVER read a post by a Gen III owner bashing the Gen I/II except when responding to a Gen I/II owner's shot at them.
Dirk

Damn... now you gonna go make me dig...

BAM! Read post#2... what should have been a fun rallying cry for Viper lovers everywhere, a gen3-er starts throwing mud right from the start.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=566491&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Now don't tell me all the first-strike gen2 guys deleted their "ugly wife" posts before I saw them. There's enough guilt to go around on BOTH sides. The problem is a good number of guys that would own Vipers are type A personalities, but that's not an excuse to be an idiot. It doesn't do you any service when people are trying to cool things down and you won't do your part to bite your tongue just a bit.

Your opinions aren't wrong, but your actions aren't right either. Even your arch nemesis Vipah is trying to strike a reconciliatory note. We collectively, need to find a better way to vent our energy. Any suggestions?

Okay, what did I miss in the post? The only thing close to a Gen III owner bashing a Gen I/II was the second where he called the QUESTIONS received about a Gen I stupid. And the poster owns one so how would that be a pre-emptive bash?

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I admit I was wrong. Apparently there are some Gen III guys who have taken the first shot. You have to admit that it isn't nearly as common as the Gen III bashing. (Although the dig from your link above isn't much of a slam)

I admit that the high road is to ignore Vipah when he goes on and on and on.... I have done so through about 450 of his 500 bashing posts.

As for suggestions, how about this:

If Vipah is concerned because he wants DC to put more horsepower into the new cars then why not say that instead of saying "Gen IIIs are ugly and anyone who owns one is an idiot."

It isn't much of a stretch to think that people who dropped $80k on a car do not enjoy hearing someone who doesn't own one call it a piece of crap.

How about saying, "I prefer the styling of the older model to that of the newer one." Instead of, "Everyone knows the older Vipers look much better and the newer ones are ugly."

How about waiting to see the new Vette actually hit the street before you come to the Viper board and talk about how the new Vette is sooo much better than the Viper.

How about a teeny tiny bit of tact?

There are my suggestions.

Dirk

How's this for a suggestion Dirk: stick with facts. I don't think you can find a post where I have said what you stated. Unprovoked at least.

And I don't think all Gen III owners are idiots, only a select few.

:D :D :2tu: :2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez... still at it. You guys are like kids: He started it.... I was minding my own business when... blah blah blah.

There needs to be a place here where people can just trash talk. I'd rather just ignore it altogether

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so I dont have a viper cuz the morons that moderate that board say I dont? care to bet ur measly entire net worth on that beeotch?
I'll pass this post on to Tony Rickard the moderator (known as the "*****" to ****** above) and perhaps this will be the last time vipersrt10 ever stains this or any other forum with his comments. And to think this clown doesn't even own a Viper. Gee, he'll be missed...NOT.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually... I've been an "enthusiast" forever, even though I had entered my vin over 8 months ago. I also submitted my club app and credit card info months ago, but non of that has been followed up on. That put me out of the Viper Drawing... :( :( :(

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"actually... I've been an "enthusiast" forever, even though I had entered my vin over 8 months ago. I also submitted my club app and credit card info months ago, but non of that has been followed up on. That put me out of the Viper Drawing..."

Superchrged Vipermad will take care of it for you, he did mine last week, send him a pm with a picture. superchargedVipermad

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so I dont have a viper cuz the morons that moderate that board say I dont? care to bet ur measly entire net worth on that beeotch?
I'll pass this post on to Tony Rickard the moderator (known as the "*****" to ****** above) and perhaps this will be the last time vipersrt10 ever stains this or any other forum with his comments. And to think this clown doesn't even own a Viper. Gee, he'll be missed...NOT.

<font color="red">Vipermad cleaned this up</font>

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="red">Vipermad cleaned this up. Full text version saved for future reference.</font>

I rest my case. You should be ashamed of youself.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am uncertain but I believe you have crossed the line my friend on what is permissible here, and what is considered as reason for removal from this site.

That alone is enough, but I have taken some flack due to the resemblance between the user names.

I cleaned up the post by deleting the quote in my post from this guy. That type of comment has no place here.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<font color="red">Vipermad cleaned this up. Full text version saved for future reference.</font>

Ummm, I believe that would be called a personal attack or attack on family. Simply ain't allowed here.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"<font color="red">Vipermad cleaned this up. Full text version saved for future reference.</font>"?!! What the F....?????

vipersrt10... thanks for bringing out the best of us by showing us the worst of you... good riddence!

Reaction score
Quick note....I like to stay out of the Viper vs. Viper discussions unless they get real ugly.

I have all the text versions of all of this, if needed. I have asked that vipersrt10 contact me prior to us seeing anything else posted by him. I have no idea what made him post what he did...but it was over the line (which I am sure is the general consensus). For the record, his VIN was not in his profile.....whereas Warfang's is. I have, as such, changed Warfang's title.....if he would kindly contact me concerning his VCA stuff, I will try to assist!!

Please now return to your regularly scheduled ***-for-tat (he he....I said *** :) ) surrounding our great cars!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang