OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not looking for loopholes....

just am a bit more patient than you. :smirk:

I'll agree with that. I have very little patience and there has been too much winking and nodding and no follow through.

:headbang:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll agree with that. I have very little patients and there has been too much winking and nodding and no follow through.

So you have very little patients, are you a doctor?

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll agree with that. I have very little patience and there has been too much winking and nodding and no follow through.

Patience: good-natured tolerance of delay or incompetence [syn: forbearance, longanimity] [ant: impatience]

:2tu:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipah:

I'm guessing that the performance differences between the new Z06 and the SRT-10 will be less than the performance difference between the GTS and SRT-10. If you can't stand cars that are not at the very top of the performance heap, then why didn't you run out and buy a SRT-10 when they came out? I'm surprised you still keep your GTS, as a GTS is slower than both the Z06 and the SRT-10. Your car hasn't been "king of the hill" for quite a while.

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipah:

I'm guessing that the performance differences between the new Z06 and the SRT-10 will be less than the performance difference between the GTS and SRT-10. If you can't stand cars that are not at the very top of the performance heap, then why didn't you run out and buy a SRT-10 when they came out? I'm surprised you still keep your GTS, as a GTS is slower than both the Z06 and the SRT-10. Your car hasn't been "king of the hill" for quite a while.

You are missing the point, but since you asked, I didn't buy an SRT because I don't care for the looks. I think the GTS styling is much better.

Why are you so complacent with being in second place to the Z06? Why don't you want to push (or try to push) DC into making a higher performance Viper? Why are you satisfied with mediocrity?

:confused: :confused:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipah:

You are missing the point, but since you asked, I didn't buy an SRT because I don't care for the looks. I think the GTS styling is much better.

Why are you so complacent with being in second place to the Z06? Why don't you want to push (or try to push) DC into making a higher performance Viper? Why are you satisfied with mediocrity?

So - let me get this straight - you didn't care that the SRT was a superior performer, because, as it relates to your GTS, you valued the GTS's looks more than the added performance. So you were OK with being in second place to another Viper?

And yet now, you are going to mock the SRT owner who is happy with their car with equal or slightly better performance than a Z06? Or maybe - that they LIKE their car's looks better than the Z06. Is that OK? It's the same logic that you seemed to be comfortable with up above?????

Rembember the SRT came out in 2003 and it's taken HOW LONG for GM to respond? so for 3 years - the SRT was better than ANY Corvette AND your GTS, and yet somehow you can mock the SRT owner for being OK with second place????

There's a reason God made chocolate and vanilla....

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipah:

So - let me get this straight - you didn't care that the SRT was a superior performer, because, as it relates to your GTS, you valued the GTS's looks more than the added performance. So you were OK with being in second place to another Viper?

And yet now, you are going to mock the SRT owner who is happy with their car with equal or slightly better performance than a Z06? Or maybe - that they LIKE their car's looks better than the Z06. Is that OK? It's the same logic that you seemed to be comfortable with up above?????

Rembember the SRT came out in 2003 and it's taken HOW LONG for GM to respond? so for 3 years - the SRT was better than ANY Corvette AND your GTS, and yet somehow you can mock the SRT owner for being OK with second place????

There's a reason God made chocolate and vanilla....

Typical, you missed the point again. Please try to stick with cars in the same years. Not between year. Is that too difficult for you? Yes, when the SRT came out is was a better performer than other cars in 2003. It was fugly, but it performed better. Unfortunately it was also a convert. which I don't really care for.

Fast forward to the present. New Vette is a better performer. Is DC doing anything to regain top rank? NOPE. Do many of the SRT owners care? NOPE. Why?

Are any of you folks that are in denial going to answer my questions?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical, you missed the point again. Please try to stick with cars in the same years. Not between year. Is that too difficult for you? Yes, when the SRT came out is was a better performer than other cars in 2003. It was fugly, but it performed better. Unfortunately it was also a convert. which I don't really care for.

Fast forward to the present. New Vette is a better performer. Is DC doing anything to regain top rank? NOPE. Do many of the SRT owners care? NOPE. Why?

Are any of you folks that are in denial going to answer my questions?

So you're trying light a fire under DC? Is that your point?

I don't agree that the Z06 is better than the Viper, nonetheless, I'm keeping the faith. DC will deliver.

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you're trying light a fire under DC? Is that your point?

I don't agree that the Z06 is better than the Viper, nonetheless, I'm keeping the faith. DC will deliver.

It all starts with one voice. This community SHOULD be able to make a difference if there is any hope. But when the community is basically saying that it will take whatever DC gives them, then nothing will happen. Unfortunately there are many in the community that are satisified with mediocrity.

:eek:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm missing the point because your arguments are pointless.

I think that the only point you've made is that you're happy driving a lower performing GTS because you like its styling.

As for being satisfied with "mediocrity," that simply is not an adjective I would associate with any Viper.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It all starts with one voice. This community SHOULD be able to make a difference if there is any hope. But when the community is basically saying that it will take whatever DC gives them, then nothing will happen. Unfortunately there are many in the community that are satisified with mediocrity.

:eek:

Now you're talkin!

.... and rest assured that TEAM SRT is listening, and HAS been for a VERY long time!

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... Oooh!! What's this?? Another SRT ***** thread?? SWEET!! Started by Vipah no less. I have not read one of these for at least a day or two. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... Oooh!! What's this?? Another SRT ***** thread?? SWEET!! Started by Vipah no less. I have not read one of these for at least a day or two. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You must have comprehension issues. Maybe you need to have someone explain it to you.

:2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Patience: good-natured tolerance of delay or incompetence [syn: forbearance, longanimity] [ant: impatience]

Nice edit there. At least now you know how to spell patience when applied as in forbearance. Problem is that your spelling it (patients) was captured in my quoting of your post.

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice edit there. At least now you know how to spell patience when applied as in forbearance. Problem is that your spelling it (patients) was captured in my quoting of your post.

Shelly, I don't know what you are talking about. :2tu:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll agree with that. I have very little patients and there has been too much winking and nodding and no follow through.

Dipah, Here's what I'm talking about, your original unedited post. You don't mind if I refer to you as Dipah do you? It fits much better because basically you are full of $hit and always have been. :2tu: :usa:

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must have comprehension issues. Maybe you need to have someone explain it to you.

:2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

You don't have to explain [******] to me buddy. What you do need to do, is figure out just how to hide your "King of the Hill" from the new Z06. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dipah, Here's what I'm talking about, your original unedited post. You don't mind if I refer to you as Dipah do you? It fits much better because basically you are full of $hit and always have been. :2tu: :usa:

Shelly, you finally came up with something semi amusing. Did your mommy help you?

I still have no idea what you are talking about though. You seem to be just making a fool of yourself by making unsubstantiated claims about some alleged spelling error.

:2tu: :2tu:

Eagle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dipah, Here's what I'm talking about, your original unedited post. You don't mind if I refer to you as Dipah do you? It fits much better because basically you are full of $hit and always have been.
ROTFLMAO (DIPAH) Funniest thing i heard all day

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dipah, Here's what I'm talking about, your original unedited post. You don't mind if I refer to you as Dipah do you? It fits much better because basically you are full of $hit and always have been.
ROTFLMAO (DIPAH) Funniest thing i heard all day

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You have heard that before, haven't you Dick May? Dick May what?

LOL

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Thousands of disgruntled Viper enthusiasts protest outside DaimlerChrysler headquarters today over the lack of additional horsepower for the new Viper coupe. Vipah, the organizer and leader of the demonstrators, released this statement: "I, along with my fellow Vipahnation, had have many patients for mo powah for new coupe. All the wink wink and nod nod have made us very very mad and we no longer love Vipah long time. The horsepowah is like our water and we need it to drink. The knew ZO6 has more water and is becoming tastier. If we don't get the tasty goodness, we will drown or die of thirst---whichever hurt more. We need to come to realization of what is most important. Stop feeding Africa. Screw the war on terror. The hell with social security. Give the people mo powah and make the Vipah the Hill of The King!"

Eagle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL at Vipah resorting to name calling. Some Executive huh. By the way ive never heard that one, Idiot.

05RedSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DC can and should increase the performance of the Viper. Not because of a corvette Z06 that might come out with similar performance, but because DC should be doing to Ford (Ford GT) what GM (Z06) is trying to do to DC (viper). Push the envelope.

This is an era of horsepower wars. Horsepower basically needs to go up on nearly every model car, nearly ever year. Looks like the Viper will have the same performance for 4 years, 2003-2006. And while they need to step up to the plate and do something, the % of people who get rid of their current model Viper to get a new one is going to be very small. I don’t see how having a higher performing Viper in production really helps those who will keep their current model ones. (Which at least for the first year will be 98% of people keeping their current models if any).

Vipah I don’t see how a new better SRT-10 viper coming out will make your GTS any better. You will still hate the looks even if the new coupe has 800 horsepower. Just like C6 owners won’t be any better off just because there is a faster Z06 out in production. Although I do agree that if DC doesn’t do something soon, a lot of other companies are going to do what GM has done and push the Viper right out of production.

Every Viper owner's answer to this tired old Z06 topic is that the Viper is more exclusive, looks better, and has more potential for extra performance modifications. I agree with all those statements, but if it's so easy to get extra performance out of a Viper, why in 4 years has DC not done any simple modifications to increase performance?

I bought my Viper because I have always wanted one, I am an extremely aggressive speed-freak driver, and I like the way it looks. I also change cars like some people change underwear. But there is no way I’ll buy a Z06, no matter how much horsepower it has. There are just too many Vettes on the road, and there always will be. I will just keep my Viper for a while, maybe mod it so no production car can touch it, until I cant take the harsh ride and zero comfort/amenities any longer, or until I get tired of everyone gawking/pestering, and telling me how awesome my ride is. Then I’ll probably get an SL600/65, so I can drive fast without killing myself, have a coupe or a convertible when I want, and ride in luxurious accommodations.

The above is just one man’s opinion, and not an intended insult towards anyone. My views are coming from a person who does not track their car, nor take their car to the drag strip. I just want to get from point A to point B as fast as I can get away with safely. And I want to look good doing it.

OP
OP
V

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL at Vipah resorting to name calling. Some Executive huh. By the way ive never heard that one, Idiot.

Who is name calling? That is your name, isn't it Dick?

LMAO

:2tu: :2tu: :D :D

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to keep this thread going especially since I started the last one but my main concern is will DC up the HP to stay on top or simply stop putting money into the Viper program. I would like to buy a new coupe but everyone here keeps saying that DC will up the HP dramatically next year or the year after to beat the Z06. I just believe if there is a HP increase in the works it should have accompanied the new coupe.

The plant closure due to the unsold cars also has me concerned.

Also of interest currently on Auto Trader there are 30 2002 Vipers for sale and 63 2003 Vipers listed for sale & 125 2004's.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have no idea what you are talking about though. You seem to be just making a fool of yourself by making unsubstantiated claims about some alleged spelling error.

:2tu: :2tu:

Vipah:
Let me spell it out for you. In a previous post, you wrote "patients" when you should have written "patience." He pointed this out to you, by making a crack about you being a doctor. You later edited your previous post, changing the word "patients" to "patience."
If you really don't know what he's talking about, you're a *****. My guess is that you know very well what he's talking about (hard to believe that your post was edited by someone else) and you're just dishonest.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll make one more post here to inform those who are not familiar with Dipah.

First - His ***** mud pit does not have a bottom. If you don't believe me, do a search of the Vipair thread, where he is the energizer bunny of stupid responses.

Second - He is a whiner. His main contributions to this site have been to bash two things, Vipair and SRT's. You rarely ever hear him talk about his car, ask any questions, or offer any helpful information. His intention here is to stir the *** with the SRT owners. Ignore him and maybe he will get distracted by a ball of twine and leave you alone for a time.

Third - If he really thinks DC is going to respond the approach he is taking, especially considering the source, then the name Dipah may be somewhat understated in portraying the required capacity to hold that much $hit.

Last - If he is an executive of a publicly traded company, someone let me know what it is so I can short it and get my Enzo.

:usa: :usa: :usa: