It's getting harder to maintain my enthusiasm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another factor used FGT and F430 Ferraris (LOW MILEAGE NICE NICE CARS )in the identical price range
The difference being this the depreciation factor is out of the above .The banks are putting residual 49-50 residual lease factors on the current 5 (very poor)

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the residual on a 2013 Ford Shelby ? Maybe you can afford one of those. By the way I ordered a base SRT w/stripes. So there will be at least one.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now add 7percent state sales tax and 500 mv fee and your there boys .The cost out the door is slightly above 120k

You pay two sales taxes in NJ?? In Jack's scenario he already included sales tax. SO lets take out jacks sales tax and put in your NJ sales tax and 500 mv fees you are still under 120k. About 116k if I figure correctly

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS, who are you? We all can spot the name-dropper, he is usually the guy that refers to everyone else, but nobody else refers to him. I built my own credibility in the automotive world, how about yourself? Who is this masked man that is best friends with everyone that he hopes we all know?

Reaction score
1BADGTS, who are you? We all can spot the name-dropper, he is usually the guy that refers to everyone else, but nobody else refers to him. I built my own credibility in the automotive world, how about yourself? Who is this masked man that is best friends with everyone that he hopes we all know?

DUi? No, TUI?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a conversation with John Force once. We are best friends. No, really. "Johnny" has me on his speed dial now.

Who else?

OP
OP
Bruce H.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think buyers of cars in this price range assess value and make a purchase decision based on a comparison of features, and probably not performance or lap times of professional racers either. A Nissan, Vette, P-car or whatever could be 1/2 price, but if it doesn't thrill you I don't think you're going to buy it. I personally just can't get excited about any 911 or Corvette because they are so popular, and regardless of any other factors that might make someone say they're a better or smarter buy than a Gen V. Just not interested, thanks. A track friend loves his GT-R, and while I can be impressed with its features and performance it just doesn't appeal to me personally. Previous Vipers didn't appeal either, but the upgraded Gen V pushes all the right buttons, and it's features cover my needs.

Intangibles like overall styling, small design details, exclusivity, brand, quality and reliability ratings, owner's club/forum, perceived desirabilty in class, availabilty of quality service, etc. After spending time on the Corvette forums, and getting aquainted with many of the types that own and post there, I just get irritated by the type of posts...which are oddly similar to 1BADGTS's in this thread.

Perhaps we could simply move beyond the absurd price argument/agenda by simply not responding to it further.

Bruce

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony it better be if the cars to survive the 4 was a debacle Its not what other people can afford its WHAT THE COMPETITION IS OFFERING for instance if iam considering between say a GTR and a Gen 5 the GTRS 90k and the 5s 110 its not really 110 because if I want the same quality interior as the GTR I must go with the upgrade (without getting myself in trouble the new z06 is under 100k and bad really bad)Ps you should have come to me I THINK I could gotton you better than sticker WAY BETTER on the 5 LOL Iam trying to get your pal Evan (you mentioned his name )in a this summer hes been doing a ton of driving for Ford Racing on the COBRA JET RACE CAR From what I understand the perf numbers on the 5 are only slightly better than the 4 any numbers yet .Whens the matchrace I have been trying to set up between you and Evan .How about we use your 5 (I let him give you a handicap lol )

GTRs are $100k and add more for a black edition for recaro seats and different wheels. There is no other customization than that except for different colored seats for $4k or silver paint for another $3k and the interior is no better than a base Gen V with leather and is now also close to a $110k car. I also don't understand why taxes, title and tags is added to your pricing, those costs are always there so I always look at just the cars cost, not the extra fees when comparing. The GTR is high tech but is very heavy and the styling to me is that of a $50k car but it sells because it performs. I will be in the market for one but I still struggle with the fact that it was a $70k car on 2009 and with hardly any improvements it is now $100k. At least the gen V looks and performs like a $100k car and if it was just for a weekend car I would take the Viper all day long.

Last edited:

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTRs are $100k and add more for a black edition for recaro seats and different wheels. There is no other customization than that except for different colored seats for $4k or silver paint for another $3k and the interior is no better than a base Gen V with leather and is now also close to a $110k car. I also don't understand why taxes, title and tags is added to your pricing, those costs are always there so I always look at just the cars cost, not the extra fees when comparing.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1304_2014_nissan_gt_r_track_edition_first_test/

2014 Nissan GT-R (Track Pack)
BASE PRICE $116,710
PRICE AS TESTED $116,710

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS must also know Rob Ford, mayor of Toronto. Both of them need to lay down the crack pipe, and I can barely read 1BADGTS' responses since most of everything he types is onerunonsentence.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what's the residual on a 2013 Ford Shelby ?

60% on a 3year- not too shabby. Although based upon the number of people paying MSRP and above I would suspect they will hold their value quite well in the next few years(espeically since the monster supercharged 5.8 will likely be dropped in favor of a turbo'd 5 liter).

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think buyers of cars in this price range assess value and make a purchase decision based on a comparison of features, and probably not performance or lap times of professional racers either. A Nissan, Vette, P-car or whatever could be 1/2 price, but if it doesn't thrill you I don't think you're going to buy it. I personally just can't get excited about any 911 or Corvette because they are so popular, and regardless of any other factors that might make someone say they're a better or smarter buy than a Gen V. Just not interested, thanks. A track friend loves his GT-R, and while I can be impressed with its features and performance it just doesn't appeal to me personally. Previous Vipers didn't appeal either, but the upgraded Gen V pushes all the right buttons, and it's features cover my needs.

Intangibles like overall styling, small design details, exclusivity, brand, quality and reliability ratings, owner's club/forum, perceived desirabilty in class, availabilty of quality service, etc. After spending time on the Corvette forums, and getting aquainted with many of the types that own and post there, I just get irritated by the type of posts...which are oddly similar to 1BADGTS's in this thread.

Perhaps we could simply move beyond the absurd price argument/agenda by simply not responding to it further.

Bruce

Exactly. As I mentioned earlier, I'd say cars above $50K+ become luxury/toy purchases and people simply buy what they want. They aren't shopping for "best value" above $100K. If that were the only thing people shopped for, they wouldn't buy exotic cars. We simply buy what we want.

patgilm said:
I also don't understand why taxes, title and tags is added to your pricing, those costs are always there so I always look at just the cars cost, not the extra fees when comparing.

Because it gives him more to complain about. I actually laugh about those complaints, because if someone can't afford to pay the tax on a purchase they probably shouldn't even consider the purchase in the first place. Sort of falls in line with "If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it".

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine ball, exactly.

Like when they LFA came out. "It isn't as fast as cars that cost less, why would you buy one!"

People buying $400,000 toys don't really need to cross shop a LFA with a Lambo.

They simply buy both.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For Sure My 2013 Maserati & 2013 Viper are gonna be my line up for this season...fresh & exciting!!

Would love to see 1BADGTS' Garage.................................

Hemotoxic

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to see 1BADGTS' Garage.................................
I've been here for about a day and I already put him on ignore. There's one in every automotive forum. Putting time-wasters on ignore is about the best decision you can ever make. It's like giving yourself a free extra half-hour every day that you can use to actually work and earn money toward a (or another) Viper.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been here for about a day and I already put him on ignore. There's one in every automotive forum. Putting time-wasters on ignore is about the best decision you can ever make. It's like giving yourself a free extra half-hour every day that you can use to actually work and earn money toward a (or another) Viper.[/QUOTEWho are you and what specif have you EVER DONE OR ACCOMPLISHED IN THE VIPER COMMUNITY .Have your Vipers EVER won any VCA SANCTIONED RACES Have your Vipers EVER appeared on any national magazine covers Have you ever appropriated any Vipers to be used AS FEATURE TEST CARS Have you ever even sat in a Viper Have you ever been a VCA site Sponcer

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bruce
Google a guy named John Coletti I do believe he might beg to differ with your opinion.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a conversation with John Force once. We are best friends. No, really. "Johnny" has me on his speed dial now.

Who else?
Nine ball any time you want to put up PUBLICLY LET ME KNOW iT CAN EASILY BE DOCUMENTATED You have CLAIMED you write mag articles but the guys at Mumull Argus don't have a clue as to who you are (EVERY BIG TIME WRITER KNOWS EACH OTHER )Google Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford Mag Jan 2001 (that's my Viper WHICH WON 5 STRAIGHT Mopar Atl Nationals National Titles on the cove.r The theme of the test was to gather 4 of the fastest true street cars on the east coast for a shootout. I guess IAM MAKING THAT UP TOO I never owned that car (or 4 other Vipers .Ialso never sold the car to the president of the VCA.

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not to say that it doesn't belong on this site somewhere, but can a moderator edit out 1BADGTS's posts and clean up this thread? It was about a guy who's patience was running low waiting on his car and has turned into a thread on who's d!ck is the longest. It's like a return to sophomore year in high school on who is going to drive what car when we get our licenses.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the nearly random insertion of punctuation at various point FOLLOWED BY CAPITALIZATION OF IMPORTANT POINTS but no use of the return/enter key. Not debating the merits of his argument because I find his thought stream barely coherent.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine ball any time you want to put up PUBLICLY LET ME KNOW iT CAN EASILY BE DOCUMENTATED You have CLAIMED you write mag articles but the guys at Mumull Argus don't have a clue as to who you are (EVERY BIG TIME WRITER KNOWS EACH OTHER )Google Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford Mag Jan 2001 (that's my Viper WHICH WON 5 STRAIGHT Mopar Atl Nationals National Titles on the cove.r The theme of the test was to gather 4 of the fastest true street cars on the east coast for a shootout. I guess IAM MAKING THAT UP TOO I never owned that car (or 4 other Vipers .Ialso never sold the car to the president of the VCA.

This thread ***** now.

OP
OP
Bruce H.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not to say that it doesn't belong on this site somewhere, but can a moderator edit out 1BADGTS's posts and clean up this thread? It was about a guy who's patience was running low waiting on his car and has turned into a thread on who's d!ck is the longest.

An edit sounds like a great way to clean up the obnoxious posts. I've been self-medicating driving this, but with the helmet and targa roof stowed in the back so I can soak up some vitamin D. What are some of you driving to ease the pain while waiting? Met an owner with an '02 yellow Gen 2 in a Lindsay parking lot yesterday. I was surprised how much trunk space she had under the hatch. Room for two set of clubs apparently. I could really see the strong connection to the rear styling of the Gen V.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No ones posts should ever be removed or edited because other people do not like their opinion.. Period ....As long as long as it is within the rules..

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when that supra model came out...what a rocket. I'd really like to see them come back with it and respond to the new GT-R and the new NSX.

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An edit sounds like a great way to clean up the obnoxious posts. I've been self-medicating driving this, but with the helmet and targa roof stowed in the back so I can soak up some vitamin D. What are some of you driving to ease the pain while waiting? Met an owner with an '02 yellow Gen 2 in a Lindsay parking lot yesterday. I was surprised how much trunk space she had under the hatch. Room for two set of clubs apparently. I could really see the strong connection to the rear styling of the Gen V.
You must be registered for see images

Love your car. Miss my Supra but don't miss the front Tag.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the nearly random insertion of punctuation at various point FOLLOWED BY CAPITALIZATION OF IMPORTANT POINTS but no use of the return/enter key. Not debating the merits of his argument because I find his thought stream barely coherent.

I agree that those posts are barely readable and appear to be just an uncontrolled, free flowing train of thought. There is no consideration for the reader. However, I will say that I mostly have ignored them because I do not want to guess where his sentences start and end or why he chooses to capitalize randomly. I generally am turned off by people with extreme accents even though they might possibly have intelligent things to say.

OP
OP
Bruce H.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when that supra model came out...what a rocket. I'd really like to see them come back with it and respond to the new GT-R and the new NSX.

They really were quite decent performers when stock, and I did many HPDE's with it like that. Then I turned the wick up with more boost and bolt-on engine mods, and race coilovers, wheels and rubber. I'm afraid we've seen the last of performance models from Toyota, but hope I'm wrong.

OP
OP
Bruce H.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love your car. Miss my Supra but don't miss the front Tag.
Thanks. The local Toyota dealer has been after me to sell it to him, but it's a blast to drive, and is worth more now than when I bought it in 2000. Maybe a new Viper will change all that! Part of the fun is I can pretty much guarantee I'll be the only Supra at a lapping day wherever I go. I can count on one hand the number of times another Supra has been there, and Viper for that matter. One of those times was at a Panoz Track Day School at Road Atlanta several years ago. We had arranged a Supra Mini Meet there, and a few Vipers were there also. I see you're in Atlanta...any chance you were there?

Status
Not open for further replies.