It's getting harder to maintain my enthusiasm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple MATH:

100,000 (approx base)
4,500 Stripes
7,315 (tax)

Total = 111,815

First Problem: Did I miss something, where is the "North" of 120,000? It almost appears you are blaming NJ for the price of the viper, there are remedies for that.

Second Misrepresentation, you are advertising help in getting a car at less than MRSP, therefore, the 111,000 will come way down, THAT SEEMS LIKE A HELL OF A CAR FOR CLOSE TO 100,000, not the 150,000 you keep talking about.

Last Issue, why are you so worried about what other grown adults do with their money?

The rationale is this the Gen 4 stickered at over 90k AND SOLD TERRIBLY (the 4s interior was a joke for a 90k ca) If a dealer orders a base interior on the 5 plus stripes the cars still going to be near 110 WITHOUT STATE SALES TAX. In NJ WE are AT 7% so the customers STILL going to be north of 120k .At north of 120k that dealer had better pray that base interior is MUCH BETTER THAN THE 4S INTERIOR or the car will not sell that's why they forgo the base interior

Last edited:

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems you have a problem with the Gen 4. I've had mine since 6-08 the car is amazing,
trouble free with 9,300 on the clock so far. I also have no problem with analog Gauges and
the over all styling of the interior. Almost 5 years later and the thumbs up and picture taking
still continue, and it's still worth well over 50% of what I paid. I can buy a gen 5 right now it just
not the direction I feel SRT should have gone.

VVO coupe no stripe

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems you have a problem with the Gen 4. I've had mine since 6-08 the car is amazing,
trouble free with 9,300 on the clock so far. I also have no problem with analog Gauges and
the over all styling of the interior. Almost 5 years later and the thumbs up and picture tacking
still continue, and it's still worth well over 50% of what I paid. I can buy a gen 5 right now it just
not the direction I feel SRT should have gone.
VVO coupe no stripe
The perf was great The interior build quality ride fit and finish was terrible in comparason to others in its class Theres a reason they sold terribly and its not the numbers on the car which were fantastic.A buddy of mine got the Nissan (i personally can stand the looks of it )but for a sticker less than the 4 its a joke to compare the overall quality )

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS if you look at the 4s sales history the majority of them were sold with Coupon in the 60k range (90 plus grand sticker ) for a car titled car with 0 miles .For 60 grand buyers looked the other way on the build quality feature shortcomings .My main point is this 4 perf wise destroyed everything yet didnt sell .The reason it didnt sell was because it was too much money in relationship to what its competition was offering feature ,build quality wise ect .

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used your post to the letter, now you change the game. Pls answer my last two questions that will show your colors.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the 5's sold out right away and if they had wave 2 ordering for this year I suspect those would've sold out as well.

What surprised the company was how 9 out of every ten orders were for the GTS model and not the SRT base. so most people want the high end finish, refined GT car much more so than the raw base and that means that they chose to spend more $$ too.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS, first I must applaud you for going through so many responses without mentioning Evan Smith, your hero.

Secondly, just because someone CAN check off enough options to hit $150K on a Viper, doesn't mean everyone HAS to. I did not. My MSRP was $110.8K and I paid sticker. The car is still much nicer than the Gen 3/4, even at the "entry" level form. The GTS is a whole other level of interior upgrades and the fancy-pants electronic shocks. That stuff didn't interest me. So, why the hang up about what other people buy or can afford? I voted with my wallet. Also, griping about sales tax is just dumb. Nobody forced you to live in NJ. Everyone has to pay tax, that isn't Chrysler's fault.

Tony

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not even sure its possible to hit 150k? MSRP on the launch edition is 140k and unless u get stryker red with a 15k paint job most fully optioned GTS models run mid 130's. Total steal imo.

Good point about SRT models too. I saw a Red dealer car that looked great and for only 100k I'd choose it over the GT-R any day of the week and twice on sunday for the same ball park price tag.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used your post to the letter, now you change the game. Pls answer my last two questions that will show your colors.

I
He is the OFFICIAL Gen V audit team for SRT orders!

But, amusingly enough - his apparent anecdote proves his hypothesis wrong. Apparently plenty of people think the Gen V is well worth $150,000 since plenty seem to be ordering it since he sits there as every order is actually entered.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not even sure its possible to hit 150k? MSRP on the launch edition is 140k and unless u get stryker red with a 15k paint job most fully optioned GTS models run mid 130's. Total steal imo.

Good point about SRT models too. I saw a Red dealer car that looked great and for only 100k I'd choose it over the GT-R any day of the week and twice on sunday for the same ball park price tag.
Went and looked at a GT-R this weekend

I couldn't get over how boring the car looks. It strikes no emotion at all.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS, first I must applaud you for going through so many responses without mentioning Evan Smith, your hero.

Secondly, just because someone CAN check off enough options to hit $150K on a Viper, doesn't mean everyone HAS to. I did not. My MSRP was $110.8K and I paid sticker. The car is still much nicer than the Gen 3/4, even at the "entry" level form. The GTS is a whole other level of interior upgrades and the fancy-pants electronic shocks. That stuff didn't interest me. So, why the hang up about what other people buy or can afford? I voted with my wallet. Also, griping about sales tax is just dumb. Nobody forced you to live in NJ. Everyone has to pay tax, that isn't Chrysler's fault.

Tony
Tony it better be if the cars to survive the 4 was a debacle Its not what other people can afford its WHAT THE COMPETITION IS OFFERING for instance if iam considering between say a GTR and a Gen 5 the GTRS 90k and the 5s 110 its not really 110 because if I want the same quality interior as the GTR I must go with the upgrade (without getting myself in trouble the new z06 is under 100k and bad really bad)Ps you should have come to me I THINK I could gotton you better than sticker WAY BETTER on the 5 LOL Iam trying to get your pal Evan (you mentioned his name )in a this summer hes been doing a ton of driving for Ford Racing on the COBRA JET RACE CAR From what I understand the perf numbers on the 5 are only slightly better than the 4 any numbers yet .Whens the matchrace I have been trying to set up between you and Evan .How about we use your 5 (I let him give you a handicap lol )

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went and looked at a GT-R this weekend

I couldn't get over how boring the car looks. It strikes no emotion at all.
I cant stand it either but in direct relation to this thread LOOK AT THE FEATURES and build quality in the thing for 90k Last year my buddy won his class in the One lap of America HE TOLD ME THOSE GTR DOMINATE esp when its wet

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make that USED TO BE. Now they don't even have a Viper in their showroom. They jumped ship a few years ago.
REALLY lets just say iam slightly close with the guys at Buhler who happen to be one of the largest Viper Dealers in the world .Every single one of their Gen 5 ordered was MID 140 WITHOUT NJ STATE TAX .ADD THE STATE SALES TAX IN NJ YOUR CLOSER TO 160 .In NJ there is no such thing as a NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT .Inturn if a dealer orders a base car for a customer and there is an issue with the interior (the dealer had to floorplan the car .This is not FERRARI from a Dodge dealers standpoint the last thing they want to do is floorplan A 100k plus car

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS, I could buy several GT-R Nissans if I really wanted to. But, I do not. Pretty sure the guys on this site feel the same way. I don't consider the GT-R interior that nice, even my Cadillac CTS-V has a nicer interior than the Nissan, and it costs less than the Nissan. What is your point? In the realm of say, $50K+ vehicles, people tend to buy what they want. I didn't buy the Viper because it was the fastest car in the world. I bought my car(s) because they are Vipers. Just like your best buddies buy Mustangs, when most of us here wouldn't even consider one - even if it had rockets attached to it and it could fly. I simply do not want one of those, nor do I want a Nissan GT-R. I may buy a C7 Corvette too, just because.

Like I said, I vote with my wallet. You don't own any of the cars you are complaining or praising about, so your vote hasn't counted much.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple MATH:

100,000 (approx base)
4,500 Stripes
7,315 (tax)

Total = 111,815

First Problem: Did I miss something, where is the "North" of 120,000? It almost appears you are blaming NJ for the price of the viper, there are remedies for that.

Second Misrepresentation, you are advertising help in getting a car at less than MRSP, therefore, the 111,000 will come way down, THAT SEEMS LIKE A HELL OF A CAR FOR CLOSE TO 100,000, not the 150,000 you keep talking about.

Last Issue, why are you so worried about what other grown adults do with their money?
REALLY WHERES THE GAS GUZZLER spec yge 3ej 2600 1995 Nine ball just posted he paid 110800 pl,us tax on a base car with stripes .Total cost in NJ 119864 plus 500 dmv fees =your over 120k on YOUR BASE CAR WITH NOTHING BUT STRIPES

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who cares? you guys are arguing over nickel & dime amounts....need to get back into garage talk....

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
REALLY WHERES THE GAS GUZZLER spec yge 3ej 2600 1995 Nine ball just posted he paid 110800 pl,us tax on a base car with stripes .Total cost in NJ 119864 plus 500 dmv fees =your over 120k on YOUR BASE CAR WITH NOTHING BUT STRIPES

Gas gullers tax would be another 2600 to the 111,815 above so...114,415. Still not near 120k.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS, I could buy several GT-R Nissans if I really wanted to. But, I do not. Pretty sure the guys on this site feel the same way. I don't consider the GT-R interior that nice, even my Cadillac CTS-V has a nicer interior than the Nissan, and it costs less than the Nissan. What is your point? In the realm of say, $50K+ vehicles, people tend to buy what they want. I didn't buy the Viper because it was the fastest car in the world. I bought my car(s) because they are Vipers. Just like your best buddies buy Mustangs, when most of us here wouldn't even consider one - even if it had rockets attached to it and it could fly. I simply do not want one of those, nor do I want a Nissan GT-R. I may buy a C7 Corvette too, just because.

Like I said, I vote with my wallet. You don't own any of the cars you are complaining or praising about, so your vote hasn't counted much.
In the 100k price point Are you kidding me I owned more Vipers than I can shake a stick at and can drive any of the other cars I mentioned daily My business partner is partner MARK PENSKE (ROGERS SON )in another business .I live in Monmouth COUNTY NJ 30 OF BUDDYS ARE MULTIPLE Ferrarri OWNERS(Why do you think Evan calls me if he needs an exotic to test )THATS FUNNY How was I able to drive a Ford GT Prototype 2 years before the car came out in 03 What do you think iam formulating bthese opinions out of thin air I guess John Coletti lied to me when he told me above 100 k the ENTIRE PACKAGE sells the car perf being a small part

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nine BAll did you buy your car from Bill pemb at Woodhouse .Call BIll up and ask him iabout a reference or call Joe Houss EX VCA PRES Joe houses who bought one of my cars from me

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the 100k price point Are you kidding me I owned more Vipers than I can shake a stick at and can drive any of the other cars I mentioned daily My business partner is partner MARK PENSKE (ROGERS SON )in another business .I live in Monmouth COUNTY NJ 30 OF BUDDYS ARE MULTIPLE Ferrarri OWNERS(Why do you think Evan calls me if he needs an exotic to test )THATS FUNNY How was I able to drive a Ford GT Prototype 2 years before the car came out in 03 What do you think iam formulating bthese opinions out of thin air I guess John Coletti lied to me when he told me above 100 k the ENTIRE PACKAGE sells the car perf being a small part

That is the 1BADGTS I know. Biggest.Namedropper.Ever.

LOLOLOL

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the 1BADGTS I know. Biggest.Namedropper.

LOLOLOL
You got caught what do you think John Coletti handed me the keys to his prototype FGT for the hell of it .The reaon I got the keys (besides Evan )was the Coletti is a lasrgeprofessional football fan. Truth be told

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But your right Nine IAM NAME DROPPING lying making this up .I have NEVER even so much as sat in a ultra high end exotic .Talk about putting your foot in your mouth Nine how did you catch me

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got caught what do you think John Coletti handed me the keys to his prototype FGT for the hell of it .The reaon I got the keys (besides Evan )was the Coletti is a lasrgeprofessional football fan. Truth be told

Not getting in the middle too much I hope, but just an observation for real life and the VCA forums if you care.....

People wil take you more seriously if you have fewer "buddies" and name drop a little less.

Just my $.02.

FWIW, I agree with your point that the Gen IV didn't sell because it was lacking what the Gen V IMHO has. Why SRT thinks the higher price point is justified I'm not sure. It is pretty simple with this situation though. They are about to have 3,000 cars hit the market in about a 14-15 month time frame. There will either be hundreds left sitting or there won't be. We will know soon enough....

I also agree with NineBall. The base SRT with a few goodies is a bargain. The interior is still really nice. Bernie at Tomball was kind enough to let me sit in one while one of my close friends was considering buying one. I'd be all over an SRT if I was ready. I think it is the GTS price point that causes most of the pain on here and to be honest, it seems off a bit to me too. But again, like I said, we'll know soon.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not getting in the middle too much I hope, but just an observation for real life and the VCA forums if you care.....

People wil take you more seriously if you have fewer "buddies" and name drop a little less.

Just my $.02.

FWIW, I agree with your point that the Gen IV didn't sell because it was lacking what the Gen V IMHO has. Why SRT thinks the higher price point is justified I'm not sure. It is pretty simple with this situation though. They are about to have 3,000 cars hit the market in about a 14-15 month time frame. There will either be hundreds left sitting or there won't be. We will know soon enough....

I also agree with NineBall. The base SRT with a few goodies is a bargain. The interior is still really nice. Bernie at Tomball was kind enough to let me sit in one while one of my close friends was considering buying one. I'd be all over an SRT if I was ready. I think it is the GTS price point that causes most of the pain on here and to be honest, it seems off a bit to me too. But again, like I said, we'll know soon.
People are also forgetting the 750 plus hp Zr-1 out in 12-15 months.That cars ident price point (every feature in the world )and a much better power to weight

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another factor used FGT and F430 Ferraris (LOW MILEAGE NICE NICE CARS )in the identical price range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth