JD DLM on 10.2 and BTR in the 9's More Info???

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD DLM on 10.2 and BTR in the 9\'s More Info???

any updates on the Atlanta Drags?

I Know Lee was int he 9's with his BTR
I heard Joseph was 10.2? ANyone Know his numbers????
How about Cudaman and others attending any other good times????

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: JD DLM on 10.2 and BTR in the 9\'s More Info???

Joseph's car ran 10.26 and 10.28. Both runs were 140. (spinning in first)
Cudaman broke a half shaft.

There was no other big news. The Vipers were generally running high 12's at 110 - 115. The track sucked for street tires.

I will say this.... there were 3 SRT's running - - - They appeared to be a bit stronger than the GTS's out there. (just my general observation)

Oh, and by the way - JD's car made 848 corrected at the tires. I have the graph right here in front of me.

Regards,

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

cool! I heard he just picked up his car, drove it 700 miles to the track and is running thru stock cats and has STOCK suspension...
be safe out there! :laugh:

Gerald

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

cool! I heard he just picked up his car, drove it 700 miles to the track and is running thru stock cats and has STOCK suspension...
be safe out there! :laugh:

Gerald
10.20's @ 140 with cats and stock suspension??? That is one heck of a fast car! Man that 1Tony1 can drive!!!!

Tom

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nice :) How much hp is Jd making with the stock cats??? and Why would anyone go tru all the trouble of putting a sc and leaving the stock cats in :confused:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike, MartinD said 848 corrected above. I don't know what kind of cats but unless Doug changed the manifolds they are still stock. The reason I say that is because this car was already a DLM and was just in for upgrading and they were stock manifolds then.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1Tony1, EXCELLENT driving although I'm not sure about who JD is? How much track experience did it take to get down to those times??? The reason I ask is I am sending my car back to DLM this winter for the full power package. How fast did the car feel and do you know what size engine and mods the car has -- I'm on the edge of my seat!

Thanks!
-Lou

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

35 + Vipers on friday nite.....nice! Thanks guys.
Pete

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lou..
JD is Joseph Dell, long time poster on this board and long time viper owner, pretty well known and another DLM customer.. :)

TOny, do you think the car has anymore into it or with more practice do you think you could have shaved a tenth or two off?
Gerald

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Fishtail, I took it real easy on the launch and the gear shifts on the first pass since the car was fresh and my seat time was from the pits to the staging lane and it went about a 10.86 at 136 or 137...in that area somewhere. After that I did the 10.31, 10.28 and 10.26, By the time of the last pass everything already had dew on it. Joseph Dell is one of our Atlanta guys and his car was a level 1 before this upgrade. It is still a very safe boost level. All the guys at the track were in awe of the cars numbers and then I would tell them it was driven back from Miami that morning to get some break in miles :laugh: Doug or Joseph can fill you in on the details....I was just screwed in the drivers seat and told to go :)

Gerald, The car no doubt has nines in it. With a good track it would have been there Friday night. The car was also spinning some/hazing the tires down track. The Atlanta guys I know with Mustangs that run 5.90's and 6.00's in the 1/8 will not even go there on a Friday night test n tune. I still had plenty of improving to do but I don't think I could have gotten it there on that track Friday night. The sixty should be about .13 better and that will equal 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile. That combined with not spinning after the sixty and a little better driving will equal a nine. The air wasn't to bad, it was about a corrected 1500 feet altitude....the true altitude is around 800 feet. 77 degrees, 29.89 barometer.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1TONY1 you can drive! for a guy that hasn't had seat time in Joe Dell's car with 850 rwhp I'm impressed :shocked: . Thats alot of power to drive for a first. I'd like to find out more about Dells car

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Normally I'd be the first to post about my car, but word travels like wildfire out here, and I've been off-line.

The car is a DLM level II+ (not sure what the plus is, though it could be all the chrome that I'd had Doug put in). The car is absolutely sick and it scares the *$#! out of me on the street. Doug really outdid himself this time. Far exceeded my expectations for this upgrade.

I'm on the road right now, but I'll post a dyno sheet and Tony's timeslips from Friday night when I get back on Wed.

The most striking thing about this car's set-up is that the setup is extremely conservative... 11lb of boost, mild head work, ballenger headers (finally got rid of the stock ones), mild head work, and one hell of a tuning job.

To clarify above, the headers had been stock in my 700hp set-up. They are replaced now. The cats were random tech hi-flow before, and I kept those for this set-up. Doug insists that the car will make more power w/o cats, but I want to keep the car relatively quiet. It is one hell of a sleeper right now (unless you know the sound of a blower).

Suspension is stock. Front sway bar wasn't removed (though I've been told that removing it for the drags would help a little).

What Doug keeps telling me is "you can always turn the boost up". Well I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon.

Thanks again, y'all!

JD

ryan 94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HAy TOny IF you put a different suspenion in that car you could take down wnnaloose ... AT that level it seems to be all about the rear set up... hook up and do some 9's... I am happy that JD got his car back, thats a long time to go viper less.

ryan

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1TONY1,

For a second, let's forget about dyno's, 1/4 mile times, costs, etc... In your opinion, how does the DLM (Novi) centrifugal blower differ from the Roe twin screw? I'm looking for a 'seat-of-the-pants' description. Coming out of the hole, low/mid/high RPM performance, sense of control, etc... More of 'how it feels' description, if possible. How the power is delivered, etc...

It is rare to find someone that has driven both.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some of that could only be figured out after some street driving/seat time. It's hard to compare out of the hole because we were on different tracks/days and Josephs car was not 100% hooked up down track. The best comparison I got was on the return road with new looking asphalt, second gear at about 35 mph hooking up solid and roll into the boost = a nice push me back in the seat feeling :) All boils down to if both cars are hooked up it is 850 hp vs 580+/- hp and we know which car will feel much better. A true drag race from a stop it would be closer than a roll but as the et and mph prove, my car would still be behind. My full boost is there at low rpm but at 3000 rpm Josephs car is probably at around the same boost as my car and with his heads/cam it is making more power down low. I know this doesn't help you much but I didn't get to play off the strip. I am grateful that Joseph had the trust in me to drive his car and keep it safe.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony....now Joesph knows what number he needs to beat in his own car..LOL..Maybe you can show him some your pointers...

Cudaman :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang