JM head results

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have done quite a few of the new JM head casting swaps. 100hp at the wheels with our tune is the average on the 96-99 cars. If we centerline the cam another 20-30hp is seen. Stock SC motors pick up another 100hp. These heads will make well over 610hp (rw) with a good cam.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the N/A cars, the question that is always nagging me is about whether the heads maintain the same combustion chamber size or whether they go smaller. Put another way, there are a lot of variables w/ a head swap.

In this case, is the compression ratio staying the same?

nice numbers!

JD

S

SUN RA KAT

Have you found any problems with tuning using the VEC2 or is an AEM system needed?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like DC needs to incorporate those heads onto the 2008 Viper.

There was an old coot at the strip today with a 2007 Z06 who looked like he'd be lucky to find the cigarette lighter..but none the less was running almost 125mph on OE tires.

"I've gone 11.9 today, but I don't know what I'm doing" he said after he ambled over to take a look at my 1999 GTS.

..Meanwhile the rest of us will have to wait for the price on the JM heads to settle down a bit before we opt for heads that cost as much as a Roe.