Jump a dead battery problem....

Reaction score
I recently had a battery that went dead while I was out. Try as I might I couldn't get the car to jump start from another car or battery booster. It would crank over slowly a couple of times and never run.

Is there a default thingy or something in the computer that won't allow a jump start after the battery goes dead? I had the car towed to a dealer (still under warranty, yeah!).

I was told by the dealer that the car had to go to the shop to have the computer reprogrammed because the voltage had dropped below some number!

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call Tator, but I don't think so. double check how tight and clean the terminal connections are. Including the jump connection under the hood! Low voltage/high amperage connections don't need alot to cause a disconnect. Also if your battery is really bad, it could be draining as you are trying to jump it, try off a truck and rev the motor as you are trying. I also know Chrylser computers are very senstive to low voltage conditions and with a week battery, your car may run funny.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My battery went dead also ,after a long jump start, my viper will not idle at all. I went for a drive and now the service engine soon light came on. :eek: