Just bought my first RT/10!

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm new here and just wanted to say a quick 'HI'. I just bought my first Viper-it's a 1994 RT/10, yellow /tan interior, 3K miles. It's the exact car I've always wanted so I'm very happy to have found it! It will be delivered tomorrow (Friday) some time in the afternoon. I have been browsing these forums for a bit and picking up a lot of useful information, so I wanted to register to become part of the Viper family and thank all you guys for such a great forum-so thank you! I'll post pics as soon as it gets here. Any questions, comments or advise is always appreciated. Hope every one has a great 4th coming up and a good week end!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Just bought my first RAT/10!

CONGRATS...you are going to LOVE this car!!

Hook up with your local VCA.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats! Only 3,000 miles on a '94? Vipers like that are getting hard to come across. Remember, it's still a 12 year old car, if it has the original tires - get rid of them. Also, all of the fluids probably need changing.

Enjoy - it's hard not to with a Viper!!!

OP
OP
S

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

YA, I had the dealer replace all the fluids and the belt. When I get the car I'm gonna replace the tires too. Only thing I wanna do after that is replace the air filters with K&N-I put them on all my cars! Thanks for the advise. If any one can think of any thing else I should do please let me know!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keep the wheels straight before you "gas" it and NEVER "get on it" with cold tires. I've done both...had to change my underwear after each time. Vipers are snakes and snakes bite!

OP
OP
S

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I have a set of K&N's I'll sell for $45 shipped to your door!

Hey, I assume the K&N's are used? I am not familiar with the set up on the Viper since it hasn't arrived yet. Is it a simple swap out? I am interested in your filters if you can give me more info. Thanks!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey, I assume the K&N's are used? I am not familiar with the set up on the Viper since it hasn't arrived yet. Is it a simple swap out? I am interested in your filters if you can give me more info. Thanks!

Simple swap out. Takes about 15 mins to remove intake tubes (buy some smooth tubes if the car doesnt already have them), disassemble the airbox, replace filters and put it all back together

OP
OP
S

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Simple swap out. Takes about 15 mins to remove intake tubes (buy some smooth tubes if the car doesnt already have them), disassemble the airbox, replace filters and put it all back together

Thanks a lot! This is some thing I'll do. Don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight cause I'm too excited about the delivery tomorrow. Good thing i have to work til 2am or I'd be going out of my mind! As soon as I get it I'll post a bunch of pics for every one. Thanks again for all the help and comments!

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

YA, I had the dealer replace all the fluids and the belt. When I get the car I'm gonna replace the tires too. Only thing I wanna do after that is replace the air filters with K&N-I put them on all my cars! Thanks for the advise. If any one can think of any thing else I should do please let me know!

Try a search here regarding air filters - many owners have had problems with K&N fitting good. Many of us have S&B filters - they fit right in without any problems.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

syldogrt/10

Congrats on your new Viper! You are going to love that ride. Yes, do get the K/N filters and smooth tubes. Enjoy and keep safe..and keep the wheel straight if you get on her...no hammering it around any turns!

Not sure where in Pa. you are...I am near Wilkes Barre.

Best of Luck!

Dave

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Welcome Andrew D. Pitcairn. 95 yellow-tan has ALWAYS been a favorite (at least since 1995!) and I reluctantly sold mine a couple years ago.

Your profile says you like flying....and with that historic aviation name, I wonder? JonB.... call for more !

P.S. Anyone who has problems fitting KNs in an older airbox just needs to dab some lube on the airbox or KN edges, and be sure the KNs are not backwards! This 'poor fit' on KNs is just not so...... Loose-fitting filters are worse, and worse still is buying filters from a manufacturer that does NOT SAE-rate them for the vehicle, much less for an 8-litre V10 ! Just becasue they fit easy is not a good enuf endorsement for me.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the advise. If any one can think of any thing else I should do please let me know!

If you had an Email in your profile, I'd send you some IMPORTANT tips.

Or E-mail me, better yet call. T0o Much To Type.

V

venms96

CONGRATS on finding the exact car you always wanted, not easy to do that.
I saw a yellow RT10 just recently in the Harrisburg area....You ??

There are some PA. guys/girls on here who own Vipers, let us know where you're located. Nothing like driving with a group of Viper Owners.

Smart choice to change those (most likely) original tires. Everything you need to know is right here on a computer screen.

Change the "enthusiast" and add a pic to the Avatar !!

venms96
1996 GTS - Stock
SDMF

OP
OP
S

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks a lot guys! It's great to have so many of you chime in!

2BADD4U-I am just out side Philly in the Huntingdon Valley/Willow Grove area. I have a place up in Wayne County and I go thru WB all the time. Perhaps we could meet up some time!

JonB-yes I am part of that aviation name. My Grand Father was Harold Pitcairn so as I am sure you know flying is in our blood. Well, I guess driving in any thing fast is in our blood! LOL My uncle was an avid car and plane collector, with over 20 cars and over 30 planes, as well as the only flying autogyro and Pitcairn Mailwing in the world. I am VFR cert. but haven't done much stick time in the past 10 years. I added my e mail addy, guess I forgot at sign up. If you'd like to chat feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks again guys and remember I'll post pics tomorrow when the beast arrives!!

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Welcome to the fray bro. When I bought mine the K&N's were dirty so I replaced them with the Frams and I don't see any difference. I'm thinking the airfilter debate is more hype than anything else. Just my two cents, keep the change. Again welcome!!!

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keep the wheels straight before you "gas" it and NEVER "get on it" with cold tires.

That's the same advice verbatim that I receved when I got my first snake and it's served me well. Follow it, and you and your snake will enjoy each others company.

Be careful......these cars will kill you in the blink of an eye.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
syldogRT/10,

Welcome aboard. I don't know if I should be welcoming you since I'm quite new here myself.

I just bought my first Viper, a '99 RT/10 with 16,000 miles and has never seen a drop of rain, according to the owner. I'm driving 600 miles round trip from St. Louis to Indiana Sunday to pick it up. I was tired of paying $500 per day to rent one in Vegas so I figured I might as well apply all that money into owning one.

Here's a link to my baby, which found right here in VCA classifieds: My RT/10

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey roadi

i did that drive last year...but i had to come all the way to columbus ohio...another three hours from indianapoilis...its a long drive bud!

ZEUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine this spring. Good for you! You'll fall more and more in love with the car as the time flies. The "attention" is amazing. Make sure you have a camera handy when its first delivered. You'll remember how you feel the day you first got it. My pictures give me goosebumps.

You're talking about intake now (filters, tubes), and you'll be talking about "better exhaust sound?" in a month lol. We all have been there, done that.

Congrats.

ATTENTION: The first thing I was told over and over again is "never gas it unless the wheel is perfectly straight". Even done lightly, watch out...back end comes out. Don't let anybody drive your car. Your best friends just want to feel the power. They have no clue. Small blip on the slightest turn and its sideways into traffic. Honestly. They'll say sorry. But they will sleep at night. You will suffer. They think its like any other camaro, mustang etc. No, No, No. Just tell 'em you signed an only-driver insurance waiver. And just remember how many trashed vipers you saw on the net when looking for your car.

Yeah everyone told me the same thing when I first got mine. This is important stuff.

OP
OP
S

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys for all the great input! I received my Viper last night about 15 minutes before I had to leave for work-man that sucked! I've been out in it all day today and you guys are right-this thing is crazy fast and awsome to drive! I've driven a lot of cars, from ferraris to mustangs, Benz to Jags, and I can tell you with out hesitation this is the sickest car I have ever owned-period!

I have a few other cars including an '01 E55 AMG, which I like as a daily driver, but the Viper is unreal. Every where I went people were pointing and heads were turning!

I have to work agaian tonight but then I have 4 days off. By brother is coming over with his digi cam tomorrow (sunday) to take pics for me to post here. I know, I know. A garage full of expensive cars and I don't have a digi cam! I scholded myself-LOL.

Any way, the car is with out a doubt showroom new. Like I said it only had 3K miles and they were honest in their description. I'm very happy about that!

Again, thanks to all for your help and inviting comments- and I promise to post a bunch of pics tomorrow morning as soon as I get up!!

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm new here and just wanted to say a quick 'HI'. I just bought my first Viper-it's a 1994 RT/10, yellow /tan interior, 3K miles. It's the exact car I've always wanted so I'm very happy to have found it! It will be delivered tomorrow (Friday) some time in the afternoon. I have been browsing these forums for a bit and picking up a lot of useful information, so I wanted to register to become part of the Viper family and thank all you guys for such a great forum-so thank you! I'll post pics as soon as it gets here. Any questions, comments or advise is always appreciated. Hope every one has a great 4th coming up and a good week end!

OK, Now you have a Viper..... :2tu:

You ARE coming to Carlisle with us, right??? :headbang:

This Saturday. If you need a place to camp, my house is open. Like said earlier in "events" thread, free Cubanos and beer, even food.
I live in Lancaster, just a stonethrow away from Philly, we will be cruising with the Harrisburg guys and gals to Carlisle.
Let me know if you can come with us. PM me if you want my cell number.

Lauri "Redenuf93"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960