Just installed X-Metal TB and New Crank Pulley

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So last night I stayed late at shop and installed a X-Metal Throttle Body and at the same time I installed a new Crank pulley and smaller belt. Thanks again to Dan at DC performnace for getting me the pulley setup at a great price and thanks to Gary at X-Metal for the quick shipping. They both arrived same day. :D I have to say, the TB really looks cool. You dont realize how ugly the old one is untill you see the nice shiny Xmetal TB. I will try and get pics up,but you all have probably seen other threads so you know what it looks like.

So immediately i felt a better throttle response. It definately gave me a feeling of more power. So I did some normal driving and some hard driving last night and decided to dyno today. More to just make sure a/f was doing ok. It was spot on, which was good. I wasnt expecting high hp #'s. It was very hot today. So last visit to my local dyno, I put down 487rwhp and 512rwtq. Today I dyno'd 496rwhp and 522 rwtq. Just from adding crank pulley and TB. And it was 30 degrees hotter then last time I dyno'd. I know machine corrects but still it was warmer air instead of cooler. So im happy to see these results. And I know you all want before and after same day results just as i do. But it just wasnt possible due to my schedule. So again, Im happy with resluts,its something I can feel. Its a small amount to some but it all adds up and is something anyone can do in their own garage. I will see how I stack up against my buddies this weekend on the roll on racing.:drive:

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So last night I stayed late at shop and installed a X-Metal Throttle Body and at the same time I installed a new Crank pulley and smaller belt. Thanks again to Dan at DC performnace for getting me the pulley setup at a great price and thanks to Gary at X-Metal for the quick shipping. They both arrived same day. :D I have to say, the TB really looks cool. You dont realize how ugly the old one is untill you see the nice shiny Xmetal TB. I will try and get pics up,but you all have probably seen other threads so you know what it looks like.

So immediately i felt a better throttle response. It definately gave me a feeling of more power. So I did some normal driving and some hard driving last night and decided to dyno today. More to just make sure a/f was doing ok. It was spot on, which was good. I wasnt expecting high hp #'s. It was very hot today. So last visit to my local dyno, I put down 487rwhp and 512rwtq. Today I dyno'd 496rwhp and 522 rwtq. Just from adding crank pulley and TB. And it was 30 degrees hotter then last time I dyno'd. I know machine corrects but still it was warmer air instead of cooler. So im happy to see these results. And I know you all want before and after same day results just as i do. But it just wasnt possible due to my schedule. So again, Im happy with resluts,its something I can feel. Its a small amount to some but it all adds up and is something anyone can do in their own garage. I will see how I stack up against my buddies this weekend on the roll on racing.:drive:

Now, where are you going to find that next 5 HP? :D

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now, where are you going to find that next 5 HP? :D

haha, I was hoping for 500. I bet id be there if it was cooler out. Well actually all i need is some headers and im well over that. :cool: I just like simple mods like this. They were both easy enough to do, even i could do it. But yeah... im running out of simple mods,not much small stuff left. now all thats left are the tough ones like headers and a S/C or turbo.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HUMMMMM:D does it look like this one:omg:
srt_pulley7.jpg

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. Now I definitely have to find some time to do mine. Congrats Mike. Great numbers.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What other mods do you have done MikeR? nice numbers!

I never dyno'd stock. But I started with corsa track and RT cats as only mods and dyno'd 466rwhp and noticed I was very rich, and dipped in midrange. Pulled out RT cats AND WENT CATLESS for more sound and power, added green filters and a DC tune and dyno'd 487rwhp. Added a pulley and TB and now dyno'd 496 rwhp. Dyno'd each time at same dyno and shop. Though last dyno other day was hottest its ever been when I dyno'd.

So for basically $3000 in mods, Ive gone up probably 50+ rwhp over stock cars dyno'd at 430-450 rwhp.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because I made it:omg: and there on special on this forum under New Products & Supplier Specials:D

It's one of my first parts just for SRT-10's:2tu: Glad you like it:drive:

Big Brake Dave:drive:
www.davesbigbrakes.com

Cool, was unaware of that. I just called Dan and asked if he carried one. Sorry I didnt see your thread. It didnt see anything about pulley in thread title , so I overlooked it. Anyways, Nice product. It was a huge weight difference.:2tu:

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, was unaware of that. I just called Dan and asked if he carried one. Sorry I didnt see your thread. It didnt see anything about pulley in thread title , so I overlooked it. Anyways, Nice product. It was a huge weight difference.:2tu:

Thanks, It wasn't done right :( so I just started :D with a new post:eater: thanks for the heads up:2tu: need all the help I can get:rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh:

Big Brake Dave:drive:

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....................:) bring it! But Im proabbly gonna get smoked by you, so maybe I'll change my license plate now to IUSEDTOSMOQ.:quack:

Then you should have changed that a LONG time ago because im still undefeated!!! haha

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats probably a good idea. :D

yep you got me MikeR:quack: ...I really thought I'd pull more power out of that tune....weird...Oh well.

Then you should have changed that a LONG time ago because im still undefeated!!! haha

you were on top for a minute...but those days are long gone...a thirteen second car could handle anything you've got right now!! haha

oh yeah and what was your best ever documented 1/4 mile time??? ...oh yeah..
You must be registered for see images

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and MikeR:quack: ....keep your duck away from my name...your the quack!!!

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you were on top for a minute...but those days are long gone...a thirteen second car could handle anything you've got right now!! haha

oh yeah and what was your best ever documented 1/4 mile time??? ...oh yeah..

A Minute?!?! Try 3 YEARS!!! hahahaha .. I haven't even had a relationship last that long!! and the 12.0 was in a toyota supra that only had 450 hp at the time and that did what?? ohhh ya... beat the viper that was in the lane next to me!!! hahaha
its ok... my blue with white stripes might be here soon enough!! and I GUARANTEE that you will only SMOQ it for a TRUE MINUTE!! hahaha

wait... weren't you runnin 12.1 - 12.5's in Sac?!?!?
:lmao:

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ohhh.... and my SRT8 jeep is a high 12 sec to low 13 car... not bad for a daily driver...
hahaha

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Minute?!?! Try 3 YEARS!!! hahahaha .. I haven't even had a relationship last that long!! and the 12.0 was in a toyota supra that only had 450 hp at the time and that did what?? ohhh ya... beat the viper that was in the lane next to me!!! hahaha
its ok... my blue with white stripes might be here soon enough!! and I GUARANTEE that you will only SMOQ it for a TRUE MINUTE!! hahaha

wait... weren't you runnin 12.1 - 12.5's in Sac?!?!?

you beat a gen I with your supra. :clap2:

might being the key word right? :1up:

So how did it go, did you guys run neck to neck or what?

I used to have the edge but now it looks like Mike has got the edge on me. He had a passenger in his car and I was solo - we ran neck to neck. If we were both solo he would have had me....I'm gonna buy some new spark plugs:D

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
buy some new spark plugs with a little hair dryer to blow more fuel on them!?!?
:D

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSMOQ
....................:) bring it! But Im proabbly gonna get smoked by you, so maybe I'll change my license plate now to IUSEDTOSMOQ.:quack:

Thats probably a good idea. :D

if it was gonna be changed to anything, it would be "STLSMKU"

Why don't you go buy some new plug wires, maybe you'll pick up another 2 RWHP

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery