Just ordered Corsa 3" with the 4" tips..anybody else have?

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered Corsa 3\" with the 4\" tips..anybody else have?

Wanted your opinion of the sound compared to stock. This is my first major mod and wanted to see if it sounds as good in person as it does on their website. How's the drone and interior resonance..if any?

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Just ordered Corsa 3

I just bought my car with the Corsa on it and I dont like it, I would have given you a good deal on it....

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's my life story...too little too late. What don't you like about it? What are ya gonna put on in its place?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score

just got B&B headers, 3" oval hiflow cats and B&B cats and it sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The corsa is a nice kit. I bought because the rolled tips look really nice. Its not all that loud though. I did new cats and headers and it sounds pretty good now. Make sure as you are installing it and you have the stock exhaust completely off you start it. It sounds cool.

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Just ordered Corsa 3\" with the 4\" tips..anybody else have?

I had Woodhouse put a Corsa Cat Back on when I bought my 01 new and I do like it. I wanted a deep burble but not so loud as to be hard to take on a long drive. I do track the car and AutoX it as well and everyone seems to like it. One of the guys I run against in the SCCA has a beautiful AC Cobra which makes a magnificant V8 sound from the side pipes...but from what I was able to determine from watching this site the V-10 just doesn't sound the same as a V8 regardless of the exhaust choice. Anyway I'm happy with the Corsa, I like the sound during a hard accelleration and the burble during decellaration and though noticeable during normal driving it's not over the top. Good luck.

Paul :usa:

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The corsa is a nice kit. I bought because the rolled tips look really nice. Its not all that loud though. I did new cats and headers and it sounds pretty good now. Make sure as you are installing it and you have the stock exhaust completely off you start it. It sounds cool.
I'll have to do that! I bet it sounds awesome..thanks for the idea! :2tu:

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you want it a little louder with minimal drone and very good quality construction, a Corsa catback is the best choice. It won't give you the baddest sounding Viper though, so if you are looking to terrorize the neighborhood or scare small children, there are better choices. I think of the Corsa as the catback that the Viper should have come with stock.

Adding HF cats to the Corsa will increase the sound volume quite a bit and give it a more raspy sound, so that is an option if you go with the Corsa and it isn't loud enough for you.

Whether you like the actual sound of Corsa better or worse than the other options out there is a matter of personal preference. Seems like when we run in a group, everyone likes what the other guy is running more than their own system, probably because you are listening from a different vantage point. It also depends on if you are listening to the systems at idle or WOT on the highway.

--- Ken

Bad02ViperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think the same as someone else said that it sounds more like a stock Viper should sound and not after a $1300 exhaust. but just my .02

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score

my very first mod was also the corsa exhaust....DO IT!!

it sounds excellent and when you add the belanger headers and randomtech hiflo cats to comlete your exhaust system upgrades it will be unbeatable!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just bought my car with the Corsa on it and I dont like it, I would have given you a good deal on it....

How much you askin for the Corsa....I was planning on either them or the Borla for my 02.

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with V10 MOJO...DO IT! I too have the Corsa system with Random Tech Hi-Flo cats and B&B 1 3/4 headers...Awesome sound!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

nice finish on the corsa's but it's too mellow and sound like a stock system to me. I wouldn't pay the money for it. I would go with B&B

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Balanger Headers,Random Tech High Flow Cats and Corsa :2tu: Other Viper owners also make comments on how good the sound is!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cart before the horse eh? Supposed to listen to all the systems and combos out there then order one up.
The Corsa has a more "brash" some would say raspier / exoctic sound than the "B" systems. Nothing on a Viper will make it sound like a V8 so get that out of your noggin.
Since you got it comming though, the Corsa system is supposedly the only system that doesn't drone. all of the systems that start with "B" drone as JonB says.
Good luck!

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Corsa sounds too tinny to me. I'll take a little drone over sounding raspy. Headers, hi-flow/no cats, "B" catback.
Just my 2 c's.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am with Choice Viper on this... Any comments on Borla's? I think these have more drone and sounds deeper but how does it compare to B&B?

Thanks

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Borla! Nice deep rumble, I love the sound. The Corsa is too mild and raspy for me as well.
I have Belanger headers, 3" borla, and roe HF cats. I couldn't be happier with the sound! :2tu:

Mighty GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

IF anybody is interested in a trade, I have the B&B 3" on
my car and want to go with hiflo or no cats, and will need
the Corsa 3" to keep sound levels down. I have heard the
B&B with no cats and its way too loud for me....JOe

S

SUN RA KAT

Belanger Headers, Random Tech Ultra High Flow Cats, Corsa 3" Cat Back, MOPAR T&D 1.7 Roller Rockers, and Roe Supercharger with the latest VEC2 programming - it doesn't get better than this. :headbang:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds good with corsa & Random Hi flo cats.

Andy

Exactly, I like the sound of mine, and as a daily (including long distance) driver, I didn't want any drone, so I'm quite happy with them. Just don't expect the 17hp increase (I got ~7RWHP with the corsa 3" and random tech hi-flo cats).

OP
OP

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score

who has the lowest price on 3" Borla system?
Give Mike Anderson at Chuck Anderson Ford a call 816-630-1700. He's owned several Vipers and will give you a good price....especially if you're a member of the KCVCA!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

THE YEAR MATTERS !! (Of the CORSA)

I have found that used-Vipers that have dis-satisfied owners, have the 1996-2001.5 system, 2.5" !!!! The 3" debuted in July 2001, and any car that was Corsa-fied before that has the 2.5", souding uinferior to the the 3"/4" current model.

And bragging, NOBODY beats PartsRack's prices on Corsa. THANKS

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the 3-inch Corsa system on my 02GTS and really like it. It's perfect for my taste--quiet at cruise and sounds great at WOT. I will say that, I would have probably gone with B&B if I wanted a more aggressive sound...Or, I would have added other pipeline goodies to my Corsa like f/f cats, headers, etc. No doubt it will never sound like a V8. But, there's nothing like the uniqueness of a V10 and its unlimited power band. Otherwise, I can't add any more to what MR U-2 and others have said. So, good luck with your decision.

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

comin off the juice at 5000 rpm in 2nd gear with my 3 inch corsas is music in this world.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JonB said it. The early systems seemed to be nothing more than a factory replacement. Raspy sound and not very aggressive.

Borla does have a deeper sound compared to Corsa. About the same as B&B. B&B is a little louder. Maybe too much for some.
My Borlas do have interior droan. Its not bad, but noticable.

Sapphire, did you go with 3" or 4" ?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4