Just traded in my 98 RT/10 for 05 yellow SRT-10

05yellowSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After 2 days, I have some mixed feelings. My 98 RT-10 was perfect (7200miles, not a scratch). My new SRT-10 is certainly more refined - it comes with a real convertible top and I can actually take it out for a spin with rain clouds in the sky - which is pretty much 9 months of the year here in Oregon.

Still breaking it in ... only 200 miles ... but car "feels" much heavier and engine feels very tight (does not rev easily). I'm keeping it below 4000rpm. Maybe I just don't remember how my RT-10 felt new.

Couple of questions: (1) will engine loosen up once broken in and (2) will exhaust tone improve or do I need to look into aftermarket exhaust. (3) the pedals don't seem to move back quite as far as on the '98. May need to look into lowering seat.

Most cat-back systems for the SRT-10 seem to do without the crossover. Not sure I want to do that as it would revert to 5 cylinder sounds which is not pretty. Has anyone tried the Borla cat-back with the factory cross-over?

Gerald

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride. The pedals are power, switch under steering column. I have the borla but no crossover, combined with headers and no cats it screams.

As Rootstown snake said: Drive it like you stole it!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Removing the crossover and replacing the exhuast is almost maditory since it eliminates all of the heat issues with the sills and in the car. With that said, my car with the corsa track sounds sooo much better than the stock setup. Well worth it in my opinion.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
gshols........I felt the SRT needed an exhaust and gear swap....once i did that it was rockin..........good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog