Just wondering why this hasn't sold ??

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You never know... Maybe this one's gonna be yours??

I would not buy a car without looking at it, though. Pictures are not enough. Hopefully someone here knows this car or can be talked into visiting it if you can't...

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it was a GTS I'd buy it. I am looking for a GTS in the midwest for a daily driver. Salvage or high miles ok.

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This statement makes me curious because of the way they worded it:

This vehicle is in excellent condition with no evidence of repairs indicating that it was ever in an accident. No collision damage evident.

The pessimist in me reads it as "it was in a collision, but the repairs were done at a facility that didn't report it and unless you know what you're looking for, you'll never know". It may be the photos, but the fascia looks like it is a slightly different yellow, and you can see it in more than one photo. Seems to be all original except for the poorly fitting floor mats and the sticky add-on to the passenger window. And the missing speaker covers (aftermarket speakers that didn't fit).

I do see an ashtray cover (MGW?) and if you look closely the center console is showing a crack about to come through (very normal, as I'm sure you know). Engine bay seems dirty and was hastily cleaned up by the dealer, but not very thoroughly.

Maybe someone from the VCA down there is familiar with it or can go look at it for you!

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This statement makes me curious because of the way they worded it:

The pessimist in me reads it as "it was in a collision, but the repairs were done at a facility that didn't report it and unless you know what you're looking for, you'll never know". It may be the photos, but the fascia looks like it is a slightly different yellow, and you can see it in more than one photo. Seems to be all original except for the poorly fitting floor mats and the sticky add-on to the passenger window. And the missing speaker covers (aftermarket speakers that didn't fit).

I do see an ashtray cover (MGW?) and if you look closely the center console is showing a crack about to come through (very normal, as I'm sure you know). Engine bay seems dirty and was hastily cleaned up by the dealer, but not very thoroughly.

Maybe someone from the VCA down there is familiar with it or can go look at it for you!
Ditto. The wording seems ambiguous. Regardless, don't ever buy a car without a very thorough due diligence.

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most vipers are cheap right now. The thing that hurts it is you can buy a gen 1,with around the same miles,(side pipes to!) for alot less.I would sell mine, 36k miles with hard top,for 24k. I have seen alot of gts for 30-34k that were really nice. Before I hurt alot of feelings,There are alot of cheap prices out there, and not much money.

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep thats the car for me but it's in Tampa Florida. I want one closer to IL. so I can look it over my self. Right now I'm busy planting my crops and just don't have the time. I'm think I will call him from the tractor today and get more info.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
buyer pickiness: looks like no hard top, ps1's,

trunk fitment, hood fitment - or not fully latched (driver's door gaps), mileage along with the other things mentioned, are issues

Last edited:

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The rivets inside the door jambs have been painted, so there has definately been paint work done on the quarters.....without that disclosure the entire car is questionable in my opinion.

OP
OP
V

viper1day

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys for all your input

all the knowledge here , and attention to details all you people notice , just amaze's me everytime !!!!!

tempting as it is at the price ( by the way, it does include hardtop ) because of the touching up and other issues , i will probably leave this one ......AND KEEP LOOKING !!!

and post again when i find another one

thanks again for all your help
Les

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eveyone has found a lot of imperfections. Two additional ones I noticed were the rust on the brake rotors and how stressed the front fascia mounting surface is inside the wheel wheels. This car definately had front end damage for the fascia to not re-align.

Isn't Florida notoriously known for "washed" titles?

OP
OP
V

viper1day

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi guys

sorry to keep posting these but this is a massive decision for me , and just want to be sure !

i know this is not the most pristine viper out there , it has a few minor defects , but the carfax is clean and the owner is telling it as it is , certainly not trying to hide anything !!!
I've spoken to the owner and got a real good price for a quick sale , without giving to much away i think the car may be available for WAY BELOW $30k

Dodge : Viper:eBay Motors (item 220417554382 end time May-25-09 19:00:10 PDT)

if you were in the market for a yellow gen2 , would you but this one ?

thanks again for all your help
Les

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
Eeeeek, that one sold for $29,000. Then again, something was squirrely about that one, as well. The paint color doesn't look quite right and those aftermarket stripes are vomit.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Yellow Viper in the first ebay link has issues, stay away. The second link...the stripes are hideous, sorry. The engine bay looks like it was submerged under swamp water and left out to dry. Tires are old. The exhaust tips are bent either flames are shooting out the tips or the car is running pig rich. Paint on the rear bumper is cracked. Get it thoroughly checked out by an experienced Viper tech. Don't rush into a sale...as exciting as it is right now for you take your time. Many Vipers for sale out there so do your research and don't get caught up in the penny-wise, pound-foolish scenario.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All yellow Vipers have....
:D

...they rock. Took first place at the Pocono Concours event this past weekend. Truth be told, I like Red Vipers too. I just don't frequently admit it. I guess I just came out of the Red Viper closet. :omg:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte