Keeping Away Car Show Rugrats!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
................. you should of bought a Vette!!!
I wish we could ban that phrase. Everytime someone has nothing to contribute they come up with that "golden" statement.

OP
OP
V

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here we go another smart a** enthusiast:rolleyes: So what, I have a gravel driveway to my house. I bet you can not find a single rock chip...its called driving slow. I would dare you to compare the quality of my paint on my cars to anyones. Should I show you pics of my garages where I keep my cars? Or better yet, why don't you just pave my drive for me.. no need for dumba** comments:nono:

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Though I'm Viper-powered and I've tried for almost 3 years, I'm not allowed to become a VCA member. Nice try though.
2. It's not a smartazz comment. It's a simple fact....from a picture you posted.
No matter how slow/careful you drive, your paint is going to suffer with a gravel driveway.
You'll get more damage from that than attendees at any car show.
3. I don't pave stuff.

Last edited:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about those staunchings that you park on? They are on a angle and have a plate at the bottom that your tire goes on, then you tie a rope around them. Made for car shows and cannot be knocked into car. Sorry, don't know where to get them.

I just went through this at my local community day/car show. I did take home a trophy but not sure it was worth the agg. Not to mention I brought my niece and she wanted to be on all the rides so I could not watch my car half the time. Never again...

OP
OP
V

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kevan, PLEASE come show me any damage to any of my cars paint from my driveway. I have a large stone gravel drive. Tires do not pick up this size of stone very easy. I have NEVER had a rock chip from my drive in the 15+ years that I have stayed here. Don't attempt to judge me by my driveway. I can assure you that you will not find anyone that is more picky about a car's appearance than myself.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can assure you that you will not find anyone that is more picky about a car's appearance than myself.
BWAHAHAHAHA!
That tells me you haven't been on this forum very long.
Moreso than your sub-100 post count.

I wonder if the VCA would let me join if I used my potential dues to pave Venom08's driveway....hmmm.....

OP
OP
V

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What does how long I've been on the site have to do with anything? :rolleyes: And why am I arguing with you about my driveway or how picky I am about my cars? :dunno: All I am saying is that I am a perfectionist and that you will not find anyone that takes care of a car any better than me. I am not claiming to be the all mighty perfect car guy or claiming to be any better than any other Viper owner. By all means give him a VCA membership if he paves my 1/4 mile long driveway. I think though that if you would actually buy a real VIPER it might get you a membership a lot quicker. :2tu: Or you could hang out here for another 3 years drooling over our cars :rolleyes: Who cares............

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My brother in law told me today that I was stupid to put a $100,000 car in the local show to have "those dumba** people hang all over it.
That explains my subconscious actions of never cleaning the car and entering it into a show. :lmao:

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we go another smart a** enthusiast:rolleyes: So what, I have a gravel driveway to my house. I bet you can not find a single rock chip...its called driving slow. I would dare you to compare the quality of my paint on my cars to anyones. Should I show you pics of my garages where I keep my cars? Or better yet, why don't you just pave my drive for me.. no need for dumba** comments:nono:

By the pictures Kevan and I looked at in your album it appears to be 1 1/2" screened gravel. Good choice. Water will not lay on it and your Viper tires WILL NOT pick it up. That's what I used to use and never a rock chip from it. Most of the chips come from our highways and even Kevan should know this by now. He probably does and is just trying to get under your skin. Ignore him and he will move on to someone else.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bad.
1-1/2" gravel never gets any smaller.
And hot rubber tires leave stuff on the ground.

I'm not arguing with anyone, or trying to get under someone's skin.
Nor do I think that paving someone's driveway will garner me membership.
It was humor.
Sorry you missed it.

I'm not doubting your appreciation for your ride.
But if you stress too much about what will happen at a show, then you won't enjoy the show at all. You'll spend the entire time worrying.
95% of the people at shows are decent and will completely respect and understand any signage you put up.
There's not much that can be done about that other 5%. They will find a way to screw things up.
If you make it idiot-proof, someone will build a better idiot.

I'm sure in your extensive travels and reads here, you'll have seen that I am working toward a Viper, but Comp Coupes so rarely come up for sale.
Well, that and the $500,000. needed to keep it racing around the country for a year.
I know. It's insane. I'd be paying 10x more for a slower vehicle that hauls 1/1000th as much.
Love makes a man do crazy things.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sure in your extensive travels and reads here, you'll have seen that I am working toward a Viper, but Comp Coupes so rarely come up for sale.
Well, that and the $500,000. needed to keep it racing around the country for a year.
I know. It's insane. I'd be paying 10x more for a slower vehicle that hauls 1/1000th as much.
Love makes a man do crazy things.

Competitive Competition Coupe? I just happen to have a friend/VCA member that has his rebuilt and finally dialled in CC in Florida at the VRL. For sale with a custom hauler and trailer. Joel siegel has some championships with this car and said he's retiring. PM me for his email if anyone is interested.

Ted

Tony2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well with what I can see in your pics, I certainly would take a gravel driveway to have the tree’s and space (which you appear to have)...........unlike my neck of the woods with nothing but 5’ tree’s, houses elbow to elbow, and lots of cement! Good ol urban sprawl I suppose. :(

On the topic though, car shows bore me to death to sit with my car all day and waiting for people to come look, I would much rather be cruising around in it where nobody can touch it! :drive:

Tony2

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here in BC I drive more than most with an average of 13,000 miles or more per summer. But, with gas prices in summer getting up to as high as $1.69/L I often drive 4-800 miles and spend the day in cities talking to other gear heads, kids, and friends at various car shows. I enjoy speaking with people and educating them on the safety improvements emmissions and technology breakthrough from out cars. This year I was pleased to announce the ACR holds the world's fastest road car record. LOL, many of you'll notice that I say that often. The GM guys here get upset :) :)

Ted

OP
OP
V

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tony2, I agree....our house sits on a 4.5 acre yard and is surrounded my a total of 33 acres...mostly all woodland. The only other house is my parents. Which is about 200 yards or so away......I could not stay in a "close" neighborhood....

10BamBam01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get one of the neighbor kids to play dead in front of your car. Spill a bunch of fake blood all over him and on the ground and hang a sign around his neck that reads ... "The last little sumunnabish that touched my car!" Stand there with a crazy look in your eyes, with a hatchet in one hand and a Schlitz in the other while wearing a Toyota hat.

Sorry, it's October. I get a bit nutty close to Halloween.:crazy2:

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What does how long I've been on the site have to do with anything? :rolleyes: And why am I arguing with you about my driveway or how picky I am about my cars? :dunno: All I am saying is that I am a perfectionist and that you will not find anyone that takes care of a car any better than me. I am not claiming to be the all mighty perfect car guy or claiming to be any better than any other Viper owner. By all means give him a VCA membership if he paves my 1/4 mile long driveway. I think though that if you would actually buy a real VIPER it might get you a membership a lot quicker. :2tu: Or you could hang out here for another 3 years drooling over our cars :rolleyes: Who cares............

Personally, I wouldn't even entertain someone who's labeled as an "enthusiast". For all we know, he/she could be driving around in a beat up Pacer.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1. Though I'm Viper-powered and I've tried for almost 3 years, I'm not allowed to become a VCA member. Nice try though.
2. It's not a smartazz comment. It's a simple fact....from a picture you posted.
No matter how slow/careful you drive, your paint is going to suffer with a gravel driveway.
You'll get more damage from that than attendees at any car show.
3. I don't pave stuff.

And why aren't you allowed to become a VCA member? Sounds like a bunch of B.S. to me, you "ENTHUSIAST".

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't even entertain someone who's labeled as an "enthusiast". For all we know, he/she could be driving around in a beat up Pacer.

I didn't know VIPER TRUCKS were such lesser vehicles to the viper. Odd because as I own both I find the truck to be equal in many ways and even better in some. But thats besides the point, it just shows true colors when members bring up the "enthusiast" card against someone like Kevan. I would rather be around an enthusiast like Kevan than a member that belittles someone for not owning a "Viper" any day.

as for an answer regarding the original post... try Stanchions: Crowd Control Stanchions (Stantions) Ropes Posts Signs Crowd Control Barriers & More or Stanchions Direct : Crowd Control Stanchions For Sale Online . But I would suggest that if you are that worried about people touching your car you are best to not even take your car to the shows. you will never enjoy the event being that nervous.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235