sh3.JPG
sh4.JPG
sh5.JPG
sh8.JPG
sh9.JPG

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That should tell us something if a NEW Viper can win at an Classic Car show. I see drilled rotors so at least it's not completely stock?

Ted

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that you might have delivered the bad news just before taking the pic:
"No son, you're NOT getting the Viper when you turn 16...."
:D

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one guy with the ol' "my friend has a Z06 that will run you...." I simply said it would not be worth my time and laughed. ;)

When someone says they have a buddy that would run..I tell them to put up or shut up. Usually the owner of another fast car is a lot cooler to talk to than their "buddy". But when you said it would not be worth your time is a pretty d-bag comment and that Z06 probably would have been modded and beaten your stock 08 anyway.:crazy2:

OP
OP
V

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually I also told the guy that the only way I would race is if you caught me on the street. Not that I am promoting street racing ;) I have no desire to put my car on a drag strip. My comment was justified and meant to be a smart as* response. My brother in law knows this guy and the owner of the Vette. You had to be there to hear the whole conversation. It is mostly stock and is driven by some young kid that rawhides it, sorry don't see where he would have a chance. I told the guy to chill about his buddies Vette, the Z06 is not the fastest Vette anymore the ZR1 is. He walked away confused :) BTW, 2001GTS, are you a Vette fan or something?:smirk:

Oh, Kevan, my son has the same face when he tells people that he is getting my 99 WS6 TA, and I add...not until he is 18 though! :D

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I was given a Blackbird at 18, you'd be reading my headstone instead of my posts.

(Thankfully I've never been given any of my vehicles)

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe I read all 4 pages of this thread, it made me laugh. +1 on Janni, I thought the same thing. Abstinence from car shows is the only way to keep your car safe 100%. Ropes will work 95% of the time for protection, but when it doesn't work you'll be stuck with something for life. Abstinence, failed protection, you get the analogy.

Admittedly, I took my first few Vipers to car shows and stressed about it. I'd take days to apply twelve coats of Zaino. When pollen was out, I was after it with a duster. Then, after a few autocrosses and track events I just stopped caring as much and enjoyed the car as it was meant to be enjoyed in my eyes (on the track, not street). Ironic how the least likely people to take a car to 200mph are the ones that brag about it the most at car shows (not talking about you Venom08, just people in general at car shows).

Growing up, I loved car shows as it gave me a chance to live the dream through someone else. I now enjoy the people at car shows more than the cars... most of my best friends I've met through car events. Sounds like you are sharing the experience too, just put your faith in Karma and you'll be fine. Or, take it the track and get some chips in your car. The first chip always hurts the worst, the rest aren't so bad ;)

P.S. - Have you thought about putting a full body clear bra on your car? That's popular to do on the Lambo/Ferrari forums. I have one on my front end, and it has kept my car free of chips for the most part.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P.S. - Have you thought about putting a full body clear bra on your car? That's popular to do on the Lambo/Ferrari forums. I have one on my front end, and it has kept my car free of chips for the most part.

Are you serious? People do that? I'd like to see a car done up like that.

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, I needed your opinions. I have been in numerous car shows over the years and the most dreaded thing is the rugrats or shall I say hoodrats that just have to touch, lean on, and basically lay all over your car. Don't get me wrong, I love to let people look at my car and talk to them about it. Especially the kids. It is just the ones that were not raised too well that basically do not respect their own stuff much less yours that always piss me off. This is my first show wirh the Viper so I am paranoid. My brother in law told me today that I was stupid to put a $100,000 car in the local show to have "those dumba** people hang all over it. Anyway, what ideas do you guys have for "fencing" around the car that will look nice. Or maybe some kind of rope :dunno:

its just a DODGE......:D (so ive been told by the haters)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a lambo done up, it looks awesome in my opinion:

Premier Protective Films Southern California Full Clear Bra Wrap - 6speedonline.com Forums

I have the front end an all my cars done, as well as the side mirrors. I use road wrap during track events. Similar to full body wrap, but removeable. I only do the parts immediately behind the slicks.

Looks good... I wonder how much that is? You would think all exotic/supercars would come with it from the factory. However I do remember the old 3m stuff used to yellow over time. I suppose the newer/better films are less prone to this?

As a side note... if the VCA's website EVER becomes as ad-ridden and invasive (Castrol's EDGE ad) as 6speedonline's site... I'd have to go postal during a VOI. This only reaffirms how awesome the VCA and this site is! :2tu:

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not cheap, but it looks comprehensive and might be worth it to some. I have a clear bra on my entire front bumper, hood and partial quarter panels, but would consider a full wrap if it were cheaper.

FROM PREMIER:
For a Clear Bra wrap to the following panels of your 2006 SRT-10 Dodge Viper:

Full Hood
Full Fenders
Front Bumper
Rocker Panels
Doors
Roof
Rear Qtrs
Trunk
Rear Bumper
Lights
Mirrors

Sub-total would be approximately $5k. To give an exact quote we would need to see the car in person to see how much prep works needs to go into the job. Feel free to drop by the shop anytime to see what the finished product would look like on another of our customer’s vehicle.

*Lifetime warranty – against bubbling, fading, cracking, and peeling
*Installation time may vary pending coverage chosen
*Price is inclusive of parts and labor only

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper