kingsnake viper

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone have any info on the kingsnake viper done by TNT Motorsports?
Any known issues with them, do they produce their claimed up,any issues with drivability?
Any advice would be appreciated. TNT is no longer around but I've heard the build is nothing complex (bore,stroke,exhaust,heads). Package uses a custom intake.
Thanks to those who have provided advice also.

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I just flew in today and boy are my arms tired.

This thread might break the all time "bump" record.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a set of heads (stage 3 blower heads done by GReg Good but at the time purchased through TNT) and a kingsnake cam and with the at that time only thing out there Mopar ECU made 610 rwhp, head flowed 320 cfm and cam was very nasty sounding. I had a complete B&B 1 3/4 exhaust and I think I accidentally forgot to put the cats back in .

Roy at TNT was the original Viper header Guru, GReg Good the original Viper head doctor.

I have never heard too many, if any stories of a kingsnake blowing up or of anyone having their kingsnale checked out and finding only that the gears were done for $30K and nothing else.

Outside of the above, the only thing I know is that Roy from TNT has one hell of a gun collection (like most Texans LOL..)

Reaction score
The KingSnake had a bigger engine (stroked), more time spent on the heads, and a bigger camshaft. That's all I remember about the few that were built.

Those builds were done long ago, so there's a possibility that the car has been worked on since and is not original.

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi greg. The one I'm looking at to my knowledge per the seller is all original. Car has very low miles and has not been driven but a couple hundred miles in the last two years.
Keep the info coming. Thanks guys.

Also when you say it probably been worked on and not original are u implying it was not built to the best standard or just general ownership of a high hp car?

Last edited:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi greg. The one I'm looking at to my knowledge per the seller is all original. Car has very low miles and has not been driven but a couple hundred miles in the last two years.
Keep the info coming. Thanks guys.

Take it to a dyno, see what it does.

Outside of that there is not much to tell you outside of the fact that the Kingsnakes kicked Hennessey's ass at the dragstrips and I believe they were at parr on the road coarses, but got disqualified at the supercar for being TOOOOOOOOOOO LOOOOUUUUDDDDDDDD!

Reaction score

Also when you say it probably been worked on and not original are u implying it was not built to the best standard or just general ownership of a high hp car?

No. I always assume that a build that is that old has been worked on. But if it only has a couple hundred miles on it I'm going to say it's most likely in its original configuration.

Does it have the big sheet metal intake on it? Those intakes had some short cast aluminum runners that bolted to a huge plenum. Inside the plenum were *trumpets* that extended the runner length.

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Greg,
Yes, it has the custom (big sheet metal) TNT intake. Apparently the intake was good for alot of additional HP over stock. The Kingsnake was rated per TNT at 777 hp. Not sure if they dyno'ed that but I will find out once I get it on a dyno.

Last edited: