Kumhos on the street....feed back please

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony . . .I love mine. I ran a 150 shot of nitrous on them without the timer on some country roads a few weeks ago before the sc went on. At 4500 rpm launch they hook immediately and you can stomp on it and engage the nitrous right away. I gave a couple of nitrous camaro guys rides and they were amazed at the launches i got.
Yeah they do pick up stuff but our roads aren't too bad and it hasn't been a problem throwing up debris like I thought they would.
Haven't tried them in the wet though.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does one get Kumhos? I have heard good things about them and am considering them for my car as well...

Or perhaps I should let Tony prove them on the streets of GA.

JD

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1TONY1:
Thanks, They do have a street type tread don't they? Mine is almost a daily driver. tnx

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep . . totally streetable, but more susceptble to road hazards than stock tires

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the DOT race tires. They kinda **** in the rain, but I have only driven them under race conditions.

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tire Rack $170 each........
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
wink.gif

Gear Grabbn Gary

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have enjoyed them since day One. They ride softer and give great traction. I also had to drive in the rain going down to VOI and they worked really well.

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 96 R/T 10:
What is the tread depth of the kumho's?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

depth unshaved = 6/32
Thanks Gary.....I was also wondering about the rain.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are great , yes I can now hit the nitrous in first gear and they greatly improve the way it handles. No more sudden slidesl. I have beat many higher HP cars due to the killer launch that I can get. The wear has jnot been a factor yet. They are the best performance mod. for the $ that you can get in my opinion.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 800 miles on mine which includes 4 autocross/speedtrial events.... the tires are still in good shape.... I'm hoping to get around 3,000 miles out of them....

traction great... handling awesome.... they will pick up rocks on dirty roads....

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Baird:
Do they make them in 18" yet?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

iamwithstupid[1].gif

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Newport Viper:
How about a picture of these?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp
They have some 18" but they do not come up when you tell it to find Kumhos for a 2001 Viper. Pull it up for a 1996 gts and select Kumhos only then when it shows you the selection click on specs to see a listing of all sizes.
For reference Michelins have 10/32" of harder tread compared to 6/32 for the Kumhos....pronounced: *** hoes
smile.gif

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan B,

Where did you find those sizes ?? I searched tire rack and no luck with kumhos for 18's. Thanks

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DgeViper1:
They show 275 35 18's and 335 30 18's. Perfect fit. Do you need to get Khumos for the fronts as well??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was another question. How many of you with these tires have all four and who only runs the rear. I wonder about rear only on the track and autocross. Safe??????

Venumish, Select Dodge/1996 go......then select Viper GTS go ......then select view matching front and rears....then select Kumho only click search......when tires come up select SPECS and it will show all Kumhos. ta

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
{{{for a member living vicariously}}}

What size Khumo's do I need to ask for, for an 18" rim?

-Model
-Size
-Price

Thanks

James
{{{/end vicarious living}}}

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be ********...I cannot get tire racks website to pull up the 335/30ZR18 rears...just 17's...Tried ACR, GTS, RT/10, different years...anyone actually find them online and what was the PRICE!?!

Isn't there a guy on the here that works for Tire Rack???

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald, follow Tony's instructions except instead of picking "View Matching Front...", look a little lower and there is a tiny link to "Optional" 18 inch tires. Click on that and it shows the ones you are looking for.

How do the Kumhos compare to the new Michelin Pilot Sports. I just put the Sports on but they are twice as much and I'm not overly excited about their traction.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately the 18 inch tires you guys are trying to find DO NOT EXIST. I don't know how some of you have managed to see them on the tire rack website, but according to LUKE at tirerack Kumho does not make a 335-18 only in 17.

Recheck your sources.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Russ M:
Unfortunately the 18 inch tires you guys are trying to find DO NOT EXIST. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So...I'm not ********! I spent at least an hour looking for these tires, while everyone was laughing! "Keep lookin, Gerald...they are right there!" Click this link or that link...I see how ya'll are...very funny!

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be an idiot also because I can't find them either ...

oh yea, I just remembered ... THEY DO NOT EXIST !!!

Kumho has been talking about making a 335/30-18 Ecsta V700 but todate it hasn't been produced

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Luke! I ve been searching tirerack.com for hours and couldnt find anything .. So they dont exist

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
That was another question. How many of you with these tires have all four and who only runs the rear. I wonder about rear only on the track and autocross. Safe??????
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure on auto x but, I run them only on the rear. I have noiced no ill effects in the way the car handles on the street
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
cool.gif