Launch!

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So now that we have a button for launch control, who's actually tried using it? Any luck with it working?

I have not tried it yet nor have I tried launching the car from a stop without it. All WOT pulls I've done have been after I'm already rolling.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is how i pull out of the garage.

So now that we have a button for launch control, who's actually tried using it? Any luck with it working?

I have not tried it yet nor have I tried launching the car from a stop without it. All WOT pulls I've done have been after I'm already rolling.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It won't be long before the Police decide that any use of launch control on high performance cars mandates some form of an automatic traffic offense. Why else would you engage the system and launch your 600HP car at 5,000RPM unless you had the intention to "race" it:rolleyes: By definition launch control is designed to allow for the very fastest takeoff from a stop, and I'm certain that the black box records it's every use.

KB Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree. I did it in regular and sport mode per the instructions in the owners manual and I got wheel spin both times. It worked a littler better in the zr1 I had before but not perfect. it work just as described in a M3 I had, no wheel spin at all.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a light flywhheel, and a terrilbly high (numerically low) first gear. The pcm versus the back tires is like a tug of war. . This trans/ diff set up is perfect for a road couse or autocross, however, not so good for the drags. The car basically bogs, then the pcm over powers the tires (or vice versa). This is all happening in small slices of time and s repeating itself. An automatic trans would fix this scenario. My guess is with an auto trans the G5 is a 10.5 sec car out of the box.

The current gearing makes this car very formidable from a roll at 35 mph or at an autocross course, you could keep it in first gear the whole time on most courses. The corsa's are 26.7" tall, a 26" rear tire should help the launch at the drags, that is, if the small sidewall doesn't hurt the traction.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte