Lemke Hardtop Group Buy. Anyone interested?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am, LOL

I had already heard this a long long time ago, but figured it was better for it to become public knowledge before I put the full court press on my tops.

"Not to burst anyones bubble...I spoke to Jeffs Dad a couple of weeks ago regarding a hard top for my 2010 snake and was told his son would not be manufacturing this top anymore only the three piece tops for the rt/10 ...asked the reason why ....need to retool the mold for a proper fit...they no longer owned the three vipers they used to create the roof, sold them to finance the falcon project....glitches with the ones that were made......... "

Thanks

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Scott, I appreciate the kind words. Reading positive comments about our workmanship and quality make this worthwhile. I know not everyone agrees with my top design, but I did my best to follow the style, profile, balance and lines of the SRT while making sure that the top works with a roll bar for track events and can accommodate the many different size Viper owners. BTW I'm 6'4" and I can fit in a Viper with our hardtop wearing a helmet. That was #1 on my list of design goals. As for the wait times...Thank-you to everyone for tolerating the wait and allowing me to make sure that things are right before any product leaves my shop. After about 20years of making these parts I have figured out that we can make really good parts...but we can't make them fast

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Scott, I appreciate the kind words. Reading positive comments about our workmanship and quality make this worthwhile. I know not everyone agrees with my top design, but I did my best to follow the style, profile, balance and lines of the SRT while making sure that the top works with a roll bar for track events and can accommodate the many different size Viper owners. BTW I'm 6'4" and I can fit in a Viper with our hardtop wearing a helmet. That was #1 on my list of design goals. As for the wait times...Thank-you to everyone for tolerating the wait and allowing me to make sure that things are right before any product leaves my shop. After about 20years of making these parts I have figured out that we can make really good parts...but we can't make them fast

Hate to hijack this thread, but do you have pics of your top? Group price?

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So it looks like if I want a hardtop. I will need to decide between Autoform and Vipair. Although the vipair one is much more similar to what I had in mind. Right now I'm inclining to Autoform because it has more head room that allow for a helmet, people have used it on the track with no issues and it gives you the option to use it even if you have the Autoform roll bar installed (not something I have but something I might want to look at in the future.) and has by far the biggest window which means better visibility. Lately I have seen some better pictures of the top that made me think it might actually look nicer than I thought. Although I always liked the flatness of Lemke's top the double bubble queue of the Autoform screams viper. I never liked the black detail near the side windows or the one that looks like has a small window in the back but turns out those are optional, so you can have them if you want or not if you don't.

So how many of you guys would be interested on doing a group buy for the Autoform's top and how many of you would be interested on doing a Vipair hardtop group buy?

Here are a few of the best picture of the autoform that made me take a second look as the better option:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

From their website:

Opinions?

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Deft auto form! What's the weight of that sucker?

I don't know for sure. I have heard 30-40 pounds. It takes two people to put it on but the need for a second person is only to get it in place as you can put it in and clamp by yourself. I'm sure somebody has done it themselves. 40 pounds isn't that much weight for what you get if you ask me. :2tu:

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the one without the side window or whatever that is. Also would want to have it painted at my shop to line up the stripes.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know for sure. I have heard 30-40 pounds. It takes two people to put it on but the need for a second person is only to get it in place as you can put it in and clamp by yourself. I'm sure somebody has done it themselves. 40 pounds isn't that much weight for what you get if you ask me. :2tu:

It weighs about 40 lbs and yes, you should use 2 people to get it lined up (I am not sure that I would attempt this by myself, even though to me 40 lbs. is not heavy). It is easy to latch after it's in place (front latch and 2 A-pillar latches). Reallly easy to do.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the one without the side window or whatever that is. Also would want to have it painted at my shop to line up the stripes.

As far as the stripes are concerned, Steve did a phenominal job of both paint match and stripe line-up on my top (09 GTS Blue/White stripes). This top REALLY brought my snake to a new level. I have been meaning to post some pictures since I got it. Hopefully I will have time this weekend (still cleaning up after Hurricane Sandy here).

:2tu:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Autoform top is available in CF? Also, member Shandon mentioned that the Autoform top is SCCA approved .... not sure about the Vipair version?

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I prefer it without but everyone has different taste. Here are some pictures in case there is people wondering what we are talking about.

4MVC-063S.JPG

1MVC-060S.JPG

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks like I have made my mind and I'll be ordering and Autoform hardtop... Anyone else ready to pull the trigger?

Tony

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, you going solo on this or going to try to get a group buy price?

I'll try to get group buy going but if no one is interested I'll go solo. I have been in contact with Steve since yesterday. He told me it would be good if I get 3 other people interested. But I'm buying mine regardless of what other people do.

If anyone wants one. Let me know or talk to Steve directly and tell him you have been following the thread and you would like to get in the group buy for one of his hardtops. I'd ask him details on discount and stuff tomorrow.

For those of you that are interested I'll need to know whether you want the one with the side detail or the one without it, whether you want it painted or not.

Tony

Last edited:

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the cost if you get three, with at least one with no paint, no extra side window details and rear glass, not lexan.

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys,

Here is what Steve told me. The non painted ones he can do for $2395.00 + $100.00 for the wood shipping crate used for safely shipping the top. Shipping will need to be quoted per customer.
He's getting a shipping quote for Sam…in the UK… and he said he will do the painted one for $2650.00

VicTxV10, He also told me that the windows that he uses in the tops are a ASII automotive Polycarb that is a anti fog and anti scratch material.

"When I was researching what glass to use…I received a sample in the mail from them along with a piece of steel wool and they told me to try and scratch it…long story short…I use their product. So that is what comes in all of our tops…I do not offer glass as my back window has a curve is it and will not accept flat glass." (Steve)

I think it's a very good price. What do you guys think?

Also keep in mind that Steve business is a fairly small operation and this is a lot of work so doing 4,5 hardtops will push the shipping times out a bit. We will all need to exercise some patience.

Tony

I want one without the side detail and non painted. Thank you.

What is the cost if you get three, with at least one with no paint, no extra side window details and rear glass, not lexan.

no little side window wanted here....

What is the price going to be?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in! That's a great deal considering retail is $3200 for it painted! Put me down for a non painted no side marker one! Aslo this includes his storage rack I assume? Thanks for the leg work Tony!

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in! That's a great deal considering retail is $3200 for it painted! Put me down for a non painted no side marker one! Aslo this includes his storage rack I assume? Thanks for the leg work Tony!

Cool we will be part of a very elite club of viper owners that have the best of both worlds. I think the hardtop will look killer in your car. I don't know about the storage rack. My guess is that it's not included.

Tony

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool we will be part of a very elite club of viper owners that have the best of both worlds. I think the hardtop will look killer in your car. I don't know about the storage rack. My guess is that it's not included.

Tony

I cant wait, should be awesome! My only issue is storage of the damn thing lol..

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it 2395+100(Crate)+Shipping????

Yes. What do you think?

Keep in mind that you would have to pay for the crate and shipping either way, so you would pay normal price + 100 (Crate) + Shipping. With the group buy you would be getting an arguably good discount on the hardtop. This is great if like me you were planning to buy it either way.

If you really want a hardtop I think you should join us. I tried to get a group buy going for a Lemke hardtop sometime ago and it just didn't worked out, even I wasn't sure at the time about getting it... But somehow now things are just working out and it looks like this group buy is actually happening. It looks like Moundir and Me are sure bets.

It's hard for a group buy to get going and you would save quite a few bucks to buy something you really want.

Come on join the dark side... (Never mind me, I just like saying that ;))

Last edited:

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a cf hardtop from Steve in March that he never got around finishing. I waited 6 months and was out 2500 dollars. He is a great guy and i would buy his top, but i need to see it built and ready to go. Im not bashing, im stating facts. My money was finally returned and as far as i know the top still isn't done.
If it is and the fittment is right, i would buy. I know there was issues the first time around, but it sounds like he got it fixed.