Lemke Hardtop Group Buy. Anyone interested?

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since I bought street serpent #3 I have been wanting to buy a Lemke hardtop to complete the look. Since I bought the car I have been planning on fixing all the rock chips and paint defects on my car for it to look perfect. I took a performance driving class on Saturday and I spun once... Fortunately I didn't hit any walls but there was some gravel at the side of the bend where I screwed up and a big rock hit my front bumper.

I guess since I'll have to repaint the damaged areas, it would make sense to do the hardtop now rather than later. I have gotten a couple of reasonable estimates for the paint job, and it looks like I might end up repainting the whole car to make sure the paint job is perfect. I've heard Kandy colors are a ***** to match...

Anyway I'm looking to see if there is people interested in doing group buy for the hardtop and get a nice discount from Jeff. Winter seems to be the best time to do mods as the car is usually sitting still during the winter so I hope to have some luck and get people interested to save a few dollars. I need people that would commit to order in a few days, or at least in the next 2 weeks.

Tony

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the discount? Since you are getting one that will need to be custom painted, maybe the group buy should be for all of them unpainted. This should help Jeff with pricing the tops since all he has to do is make them and ship them out.

Oh, and thanks for the effort in putting something together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last time I spoke to Jeff (earlier this year), he told me it would be a about 300 dollar discount per top in case of a group buy.

"Painted tops are $2995 and I can offer them for $2650, $2350 in primer for all of the orders at one time." (Jeff Lemke)

Having said that I will need to double check that Jeff will be able to deliver on them as we all know he is busy with his projects. If you all decide to go for it, we would be four people. I'll need to ask Jeff if this is enough for him to justify the discount.

Tony

Last edited:

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any pics of the hard top and installed on the convertible? I maybe interested :)

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Best looking hardtop IMO

You must be registered for see images

[IMGhttp://www.mach7motorsports.com/i//3-8-07Top0022.jpg][/IMG]

And this is what Austin thought it would look like in my car.

Last edited:

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Best cosmetic mod for the vert...

You must be registered for see images attach

SFViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget to add on another $200-$300 for freight shipping. The top maybe too big for standard shipping. A group buy at $2300 shipped would be a good price.

khomes7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would maybe be interested in this as well depending on final price. Painted.

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Best cosmetic mod for the vert...

Outstanding pictures. If that doesn't motivate some guys to bite the bullet I don't know what will. Have to disagree with you though. Third best cosmetic mod for the vert. First is Street Serpent Conversion. Second is Coupe Rear.:2tu:

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry Guys, while that is one sweet looking top, I bought a vert so I could put the top down. IMO would be too hard to put on, take off and store.

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm sorry Guys, while that is one sweet looking top, I bought a vert so I could put the top down. IMO would be too hard to put on, take off and store.

I would think the same if I lived in San Diego... I love to drive with the top down so much that I'd like to forget my car has a top on it... It's just there are a couple months in here where the weather is nice enough for having the car out (not raining). But not sunny at all and too cold for driving with the top down even with the heater on. And while the soft top is good for me having the hardtop will be like having two different cars a coupe and a vert. Having two vipers as opposed to one for around 3,000 dollars sounds like a good deal in my opinion :headbang:

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys, I'm going to call Jeff today to talk numbers and see where he stands. I'll send a PM to those of you that shown interest to discuss on detail and see who of you is willing to commit to buy a top.

USMCLY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
im interested on the price including shipping and turn around time

OP
OP
T

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just spoke to Jeff. He just let me know he is not doing SRT10 hardtops anymore. Bummer. I wish I ordered one last year... If anyone has one for sale PM me please

Tony

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Outstanding pictures. If that doesn't motivate some guys to bite the bullet I don't know what will. Have to disagree with you though. Third best cosmetic mod for the vert. First is Street Serpent Conversion. Second is Coupe Rear.:2tu:

Meh...
9/10 people can't the difference between your "wide body" car vs. a stock body Viper. That kit isn't aggressive enough IMO.
And the coupe rear is only attractive to those that like the coupe.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car in my avitar has that top on it. Just be sure it has the glass back window, not the plastis. he offers both.

Poor Richard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to burst anyones bubble...I spoke to Jeffs Dad a couple of weeks ago regarding a hard top for my 2010 snake and was told his son would not be manufacturing this top anymore only the three piece tops for the rt/10 ...asked the reason why ....need to retool the mold for a proper fit...they no longer owned the three vipers they used to create the roof, sold them to finance the falcon project....glitches with the ones that were made.........

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be posting pics in the next couple of days of my SRT10 hardtop, available in either glass or carbon.

I have a convert being delivered to me today for final fitment of the tops.

We have completed the inner roof mold which eliminates the need for a headliner and Have fixtures made to insure that the front lip of the roof is the exact contour of the windscreen frame.

Here is a pic of the top on a car

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will be posting pics in the next couple of days of my SRT10 hardtop, available in either glass or carbon.

I have a convert being delivered to me today for final fitment of the tops.

We have completed the inner roof mold which eliminates the need for a headliner and Have fixtures made to insure that the front lip of the roof is the exact contour of the windscreen frame.
g
Here is a pic of the top on a car

Are you finally ready to sell these tops. Keep me posted when they are ready to ship.
Thanks