LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In seven days, I'll be back in the saddle again!!! As some of you know, I lost my 1997 B/W at V.I.R. last July to, what we believe was a broken valve stem on the right rear tire. The car was a total loss, but nobody got hurt. Just a broken heart! Since then, I looked long and hard for my next Viper. I was pretty narrowed minded and thought another B/W was the only car that would fill the void. That's when the adventure began.

Back at the end of February, I was scanning the forums and saw a post by one of our great members, "NEXUS-6 (Landon), stating that he was contemplating selling his 2002FE. I really didn't get too exited until I saw the pictures and read the details about his car. I sent an e-mail to express my interest, but was informed I was second or third in line. After a week or so, I received an e-mail that the car was still available. So I made a phone call to Landon, and after an hour and a half conversation, decided this was going to be my next ride. I agreed to buy the car site-unseen, then the BIG letdown. He decided to take the car for one last spin, and fell in love with it all over again. Most would have been upset, but I totally understood.

After returning from a weeks vacation, I sent Landon another e-mail regarding some nasty weather that had blown directly through his area in Texas and mentioned I was still interested in the car if he ever changed his mind. Finally, persistance paid off. I received an e-mail the next day stating he was going to stick to his original plan and offered the car to me for our previous agreed price.

The rest is history. Next Saturday, I, along with some friends and neighbors, will be sitting in the driveway waiting for the best Birthday present I have ever given myself. Landon, if you would so kindly tag some photos to this thread, seeing I'm about as computer literate as a Rocket Scientist changing his own oil, (just kidding to all you Rocket Scientists).

Sorry for the long post, but I haven't been this exited since the birth of my two girls. Not even the purchase of my first two Vipers gave me this many goosebumps.

Stay Tuned!
Dwight

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was the same way when I "upgraded" to my current Viper. I couldn't sit still for 2 minutes. Waiting for Gary to deliver it was agony! Best move I made though, I love this car!!
Now, post some pics.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all true - I changed my mind yet again (perhaps I need my head checked!)

I spent a week with my father and the '69 Camaro now that it's nearly complete and I have to say...it's a sweetheart. It was the first time he and I could stand back and admire what we've wrought with that car and it finally dawned on me fully that I couldn't consider selling the '69. I'll post pics soon. :)

So when I returned to Dallas, I let Dwight know that the GTS was once again his should he still desire it after my last breakdown and change of heart. Thankfully he was still interested in my little sweetheart of a GTS and she leaves me (sniff!) this Thursday the 12th.

The Man, Mr. Gary Almond, will be playing the role of the Stork for this delivery - I'm looking forward to meeting ya Gary and Dwight, I know you're going to fall head over heels for my Final Edition when she arrives next in about 8 to 10 days.

In the meantime, here are some pics of her....

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
R

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats. Dwight - couldn't happen to a nicer guy!!!

Thanks Janni! I was hoping to have it in time for this weekend so I could attend the N.C. happenings. Looks like I'll be sitting in the driveway waiting for the trailer to come around the corner. I'll see you guys in July, although I don't plan on tracking this car. Tell Henry I said hello.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456