Let's have a little contest!

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Let\'s have a little contest!

joseph, you may want to rethink your guess. we were at 700hp 700tq @ 4000 rpm when we ran out of fuel and had to upgrade the fuel pump. i am going to be REAL ********** if my hp goes DOWN after all this work and money is spent!

is your guess STILL 699? :D

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, since you gave me a clue... i'm going for 768 and 768. Gotta trump mr 769/769 guy.

700 is pretty stout for stock pretty-much-everything. and w/ a cog you are in good shape to not have belt slippage... but i worry about snapping the snout off of that crank.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I mention that to biggie...

If everyone is guessing big HP numbers...then he got smaller numbers...
I am going to call him Biggie-Small...and I will be Puffy.

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lower approach speed, flaps and gear. Line up with the outer marker and touch down on the marks. You are now cleared for final.
Make sure your tray tables are up and locked before landing.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lower approach speed, flaps and gear. Line up with the outer marker and touch down on the marks. You are now cleared for final.
Make sure your tray tables are up and locked before landing.

yeah, yeah, yeah. whatever. been hearing that all summer! :rolleyes:

:D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok seriously, John, do you HAVE a Viper? Please quit promising trips to Hawaii if we can guess the HP on your imaginary Viper. Games like this are fun until someone's feelings get hurt. And personally, if I don't get to Hawaii soon, my feelings are gonna be hurt :(

:D

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, and at the Illinois VCA meet last week I asked about you, but no one ever heard of you! :)

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you were closer, you could drive mine for a "quick" fix.

i NEED A "FIX". BAD. i drove my car almost every clear day last year. i think this year i have had (2) hours of seat time at BEST.

i never realized until this year how ADDICTIVE these cars car be!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Big
I was down at PBJ yesterday. I don't want to say too much but...I saw your car. Joe has designed and fabricated the pulley and parts you needed. I know he has been working around the clock to get a car ready for VOI but has found time to put your car together also. Without saying something I am not supposed to, you should be announcing your "dyno" winner soon. Unfortunately he is del. car to las vegas and will be gone rest of week. (that was the last plan and we all know how things change) Hope this helps a little. I am in the same situation with my car, getting closer but it seems to take so long. Keep your fingers crossed, you have the right guy working on it. Just need more hours in the day.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Big,
I'm begining to think this contest was a little tease. I think Chad has been sent by you to Hawaii to add shots to viper/chick thread.

I feel confident that Chad will do what is right and make you proud!

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Big,
I'm begining to think this contest was a little tease. I think Chad has been sent by you to Hawaii to add shots to viper/chick thread.

didnt chad tell you beep? he told me there was a ******* IN HAWAII !!

it sealed the deal. chad and his car are on there way to Hawaii as we speak, and pics will be posted soon! ;)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Big,

didnt chad tell you beep? he told me there was a ******* IN HAWAII !!

it sealed the deal. chad and his car are on there way to Hawaii as we speak, and pics will be posted soon! ;)

You do know everything you type in a public forum is legally binding, right? ;) :p

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Big
I was down at PBJ yesterday. I don't want to say too much but...I saw your car. Joe has designed and fabricated the pulley and parts you needed. I know he has been working around the clock to get a car ready for VOI but has found time to put your car together also. Without saying something I am not supposed to, you should be announcing your "dyno" winner soon. Unfortunately he is del. car to las vegas and will be gone rest of week. (that was the last plan and we all know how things change) Hope this helps a little. I am in the same situation with my car, getting closer but it seems to take so long. Keep your fingers crossed, you have the right guy working on it. Just need more hours in the day.

thanks for the update. you are right, i think the right guy is working on my car and he appears to have all the bugs worked out. and there were quite a few from what i have been told. i dont think anyone else could do it. with all the work he has done, he said he is still going to keep me close his original estimate and within my budget which helps me out alot.

i am however still struggling inside with the time it has taken and a few other issues, and i will just stop there.

and it did help a little. thanks again. :2tu:

:needpics:

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you John! Hopefully you'll have it in time for a shin-dig I'm gonna try to put together for a Viper group photo shoot on my dime at the local airport.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

John
Sounds like it is getting close but did I read that your guy is delivering a Viper to VOI and he will be gone for another week so you still won't have your car till after Oct 1st? :bonker: :buttkick: :headbang:

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like it is getting close but did I read that your guy is delivering a Viper to VOI and he will be gone for another week so you still won't have your car till after Oct 1st?

yep. :(

then i can start worrying about other things like more breakdowns, Yom Kippur Day (10/2), Columbus Day (10/9), National Bass Day (10/16), United Nations Day (10/24), Daylight Savings Day (10/29), Halloween (10/31), All Saints Day (11/1), Day of The Dead Day (11/2), Election Day (11/7), Veterans Day (11/11), Revolution Anniversay Day (11/20), Thanksgiving Eve (11/22), Thanksgiving Day (11/23), Pearl Harbor Day (12/7), ****** of Guadalupe Day (12/ 12), Hannukkah Day (12/15), First Day of Winter (12/22), Christmas Eve (12/24), Christmas Day (12/25), Boxing Day (12/26), New Years Eve (12/31), and New Years Day (1/1).

oh, and a total of (28?) Saturdays and Sundays, rain, cold and of course SNOW.

now, here are the possible delays to worry about in 2007 .....

:smirk:

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

WHAT DID YOU SAY JOE?!

MY CAR IS FINISHED?!

I WILL BE THERE TOMORROW TO GET IT!!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Congrats John!

I know you have been waiting a LONG time, TOOooo long.

Post pics when you can

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i am heading down to st louis right now.

joe will give me the numbers today when i see him and tell me all about this new beast. look for pics and numbers this evening and then i have alot of math to do to determine our winner!

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Big,

How did she turn out??

martyb

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey guys,
I can tell you this....I picked up 41 HP and 23 TQ over the tune that was in it. The air fuel took off to 16 to 1 before and it is a flat 11.9 from 2600 to 6000 rpm now. I made every pull on 93 octane with no additives. The car has so much more in it, but it has some issues....it is bone STOCK !!! Stock manifolds, rockers, throttle bodies, 2.25 to 2.50 exhaust, no mods to the heads or intake what so ever.... with some tlc this car has another 75-100 HP in it. Sorry I took so long to end the contest, but we had serious belt issues to deal with and I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. The car drives like a beast and should give John more than enough power to get himself into trouble.Thanks again John !!
Later,
Joe

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Joe,

Nice work as always. I am going to be in town on tuesday for business. I will try to swing by on my way back home with a few cold beverages.

Big, I want to hear those numbers!!

martyb

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

joe, let me say that you have done an awesome job! most importantly, i really appreciate you putting up with me over the last few months. the project did take longer than i had hoped, but you were gracious enough to work with me on the final bill because of it and it is greatly appreciated. i KNOW you had alot more time in the project than what i was billed. i can not thank you enough.

the car is a MONSTER. the sound is UNREAL. i just left jdocs house to prove to him that i actually OWNED A VIPER, :D and he can tell you that the car sounds like a jet fighter taking off a tarmac. you can hear this vortech COMING! the tune is perect. if the motor gets on the warm side, i can put the car in 6th gear as early as 55 mph without any problems. the car is as smooth as glass and the power is downright SCARY. you guys with HP over 800 are INSANE!

Joes final numbers: 726 HP, 746 TQ.

did i want more? sure. but as joe said, everything is stock, and he feels that this is a safe and reasonable tune. (for now). ;)

i agree.

let me do the math either tonight or tomorrow and announce a winner, and tell them what they have won!

i will post pics in a few days after my baby gets a bath. she is very dirty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32